Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Rat

Perhaps Queens had a different definition of rat than Brooklyn, but when I was young you couldn't get ratted out if you hadn't done anything.
It would have been an admission of guilt and never admitted to in front of anyone in authority or that would punish you for your horrible crime. Now my crimes as a child were mostly infractions of parental rules and the penalties were not terribly severe.
Most people learn not to put things in print or speech that could be used against them.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
wdmso

"They BROKE INTO AN ATTORNEY'S OFFICE!" Mr Trump tweeted, questioning why the agency did not also "break into" the Democratic National Committee or Hillary Clinton's offices.

"They were executing a warrant issued with the approval of a judge,"

just another log on the disinformation fire started by Trump against the FBI

He is the sour patch kid President 1st He's sour then He's Sweet

But in other news
Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery to visit wreaths across america volunteers

Last edited by wdmso; 12-17-2018 at 02:04 PM..
Old 12-19-2018, 05:12 AM   #3
wdmso

flynn got a nice tweet from Trump?? Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Good luck today in court to General Michael Flynn. Will be interesting to see what he has to say, despite tremendous pressure being put on him, about Russian Collusion in our great and, obviously, highly successful political campaign. There was no Collusion!

Sarah huckabee goebbels got into the disinformation game saying Flynn was ambushed by the FBI

this other tweet sums it up

You call government witnesses “rats” and you wish “good luck” to convicted felons who, according to the judge, “sold out your country.”
Old 12-19-2018, 11:23 AM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Sarah huckabee goebbels got into the disinformation game saying Flynn was ambushed by the FBI

This is the subtle start of your disinformation attempt. Throwing in the Nazi reference to set a "tone and tenor" as Pete likes to accuse Trump of doing.

this other tweet sums it up

You call government witnesses “rats” and you wish “good luck” to convicted felons who, according to the judge, “sold out your country.”
And your crescendo of misinformation rises by pluralizing rat to "rats." He called only one a "rat" who actually is one. That trick continues by implying he said "good luck" to plural "felons." Then you finish with the damning sounding verbal misdirection of paraphrasing what the judge said then putting it in quotes as if it is what he actually said. And not only paraphrasing, but leaving out a key word "arguably," thus creating the false "alternative fact" that the judge said, as you put it, Flynn "sold out your country.”

What the judge actually said: "Arguably, you sold your country out!" It could be argued so, but not necessarily that it was true.

The Judge also said "I wasn't suggesting he committed treason!" And when the Judge asked the prosecution if they considered the charge, the answer was that it was never considered.

Your disinformation trick here is typical of the slick "interpretations" of what Trump says that is done over and over on this forum.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:26 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
And your crescendo of misinformation rises by pluralizing rat to "rats." He called only one a "rat" who actually is one. That trick continues by implying he said "good luck" to plural "felons." Then you finish with the damning sounding verbal misdirection of paraphrasing what the judge said then putting it in quotes as if it is what he actually said. And not only paraphrasing, but leaving out a key word "arguably," thus creating the false "alternative fact" that the judge said, as you put it, Flynn "sold out your country.”

What the judge actually said: "Arguably, you sold your country out!" It could be argued so, but not necessarily that it was true.

The Judge also said "I wasn't suggesting he committed treason!" And when the Judge asked the prosecution if they considered the charge, the answer was that it was never considered.

Your disinformation trick here is typical of the slick "interpretations" of what Trump says that is done over and over on this forum.

Not a nazi reference in the fashion you think... more along the propaganda that flows from this administration and everyone’s knows how effective it is to his base.. And how effective it is now ..

they have you convinced there’s no miss information coming out of sanders or from trump ... it’s all imaginary and slick interpretations ok sure it is
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Not a nazi reference in the fashion you think... more along the propaganda that flows from this administration and everyone’s knows how effective it is to his base.. And how effective it is now ..

they have you convinced there’s no miss information coming out of sanders or from trump ... it’s all imaginary and slick interpretations ok sure it is
I pointed out your misinformation and the slick way you presented it. You may claim that it is more noble than what you accuse Sanders or Trump of, but it is misinformation none-the-less. Trying to deflect by accusing them of it, does not absolve you. You're the proverbial hypocrite who points one finger and has three pointing back at you.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Well with all the Trump X cabinet appointees and campaign staffers cooperating with the Mueller investigation, only Trump and his base would characterize them as "Rats" to begin with. Since multiple convictions have been handed out and with Trump continuing to suggest many have had a raw deal handed to them, I'm pretty sure pluralizing the statements works. It is certainly going to be an interesting new year and I think Donny and his darling little boys are not going to be too happy with the end result.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Well with all the Trump X cabinet appointees and campaign staffers cooperating with the Mueller investigation, only Trump and his base would characterize them as "Rats" to begin with. Since multiple convictions have been handed out and with Trump continuing to suggest many have had a raw deal handed to them, I'm pretty sure pluralizing the statements works. It is certainly going to be an interesting new year and I think Donny and his darling little boys are not going to be too happy with the end result.
Yeah, yeah, yada, yada, yada . . . I referred to specific actual text, to specific misleading verbiage and statements, and I get back expanded, vague, inflated, inaccurate, deflective, suggestive, speculative, rhetoric, accompanied by typical insulting characterizations.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:08 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, yada, yada, yada . . . I referred to specific actual text, to specific misleading verbiage and statements, and I get back expanded, vague, inflated, inaccurate, deflective, suggestive, speculative, rhetoric, accompanied by typical insulting characterizations.
yada, yada, yada . you ignore or discount All Trump's comment his subordinates actions and comments all the guilty pleas and the like and dismiss them as vague, inflated, inaccurate, deflective, suggestive, speculative, rhetoric, accompanied by typical insulting characterizations.

But they have all happened you can watch some on you tube ?????

but Hillary's emails now that's a scandal
Old 12-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
yada, yada, yada . you ignore or discount All Trump's comment his subordinates actions and comments all the guilty pleas and the like and dismiss them as vague, inflated, inaccurate, deflective, suggestive, speculative, rhetoric, accompanied by typical insulting characterizations.

But they have all happened you can watch some on you tube ?????

but Hillary's emails now that's a scandal
Why on earth must I have to refer to Trump's comments when I am talking about yours? It was your words, your misinformation. Your lies and propaganda.

You have tunnel vision when you criticize Trump. You don't give any credence to his supporters. You don't try to be egalitarian, or fair, or objective. So, forgive me if I focused solely on you. And, what is worse, you often use deceptive rhetoric, which is what I was pointing out. There was no need nor reason that I had to discuss Trump's rhetoric. I was speaking solely of yours.

Your deflection to Hillary's emails scandals do not absolve you of your deceptions.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-19-2018 at 05:37 PM..
Old 12-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Why on earth must I have to refer to Trump's comments when I am talking about yours? It was your words, your misinformation. Your lies and propaganda.

You have tunnel vision when you criticize Trump. You don't give any credence to his supporters. You don't try to be egalitarian, or fair, or objective. So, forgive me if I focused solely on you. And, what is worse, you often use deceptive rhetoric, which is what I was pointing out. There was no need nor reason that I had to discuss Trump's rhetoric. I was speaking solely of yours.

Your deflection to Hillary's emails scandals do not absolve you of your deceptions.
Said the guy who all to frequently posts links to someone else’s (propaganda) video or news piece to make “his” point.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Said the guy who all to frequently posts links to someone else’s (propaganda) video or news piece to make “his” point.
All too frequently? If you think so, we may disagree on the meaning of "too".

And I would think that, if that's what you think, you would be relieved that here, in the criticisms of you and WDMSO, I didn't do that. And, BTW, there has been no rebuttal to what I said, as is often (all too often?) the case in those times I link to a source.

And in this case, in my criticisms of your and WDMSO's misinformation, I pointed out, without a link, in my own words, exactly what the "lies" were. Instead of deflecting to my supposedly overuse of links, you could actually point out where I was wrong.