Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-21-2018, 05:04 PM   #61
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’ve seen no credible evidence that Mueller cares about anything other than finding the truth and none in being on any other team.
Because you choose not to see it. Or are totally in an information bubble where the evidence is not allowed.

There should not have been a special Prosecutor appointed in the first place. There was no evidence of collusion or conspiracy to begin with. These prosecutors are not appointed to look for a crime, but to prosecute an identified crime.

And when phony, illegal means to spy on Americans, such as was the unverified so-called "dossier," are used to get FISA warrants, and that the document was paid for by the competing "team" (and even that was not told to the FISA judge), nor was the leader of that competing team being investigated for obvious, blatant, disregard of policy regarding emails, and who had shown favorable action toward Russia re a uranium deal which opened the spigot for huge donations to her private foundation, those are major warnings that "truth" is not the objective, and that the other "team" was being favored.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:23 PM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
do you know who came
up with the nuclear option, and when? it wasn’t trump. harry reid started it. god almighty. what’s good for the goose...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You guys are funny he had the Senate and the House for 2 years

But now since his party lost the house he wants to change the rules I call that a sore loser

Again JIM what Harry Reid did was for judges appoints not legislation and Trump has used that change...
But once again you see them as the same

It's not unconstitutional. It's not illegal. The new conservatives rational when their party behaves unethical or TRUMP
Old 12-21-2018, 06:41 PM   #63
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You guys are funny he had the Senate and the House for 2 years

But now since his party lost the house he wants to change the rules I call that a sore loser

Again JIM what Harry Reid did was for judges appoints not legislation and Trump has used that change...
But once again you see them as the same

It's not unconstitutional. It's not illegal. The new conservatives rational when their party behaves unethical or TRUMP
What Harry Reid did was invoke the so-called nuclear option. Period. The idea that it can only be used for judges, is ridiculous.

Oh, this is only for judges guys. You can't use it for anything else. Really?? Well how did you get to use it for judges? How was that supposedly "appropriate" if the nuclear option for judges changed the Senate rules?

It's an option, or a precedent, which has changed the rules, not a special occasion for the benefit of Harry Reid and his party that must never be used by any other person or party because . . . because Harry and the Democrats are special. Don't you see? This must only be used for judges because Harry said so.

Nah. That's BS.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #64
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What Harry Reid did was invoke the so-called nuclear option. Period. The idea that it can only be used for judges, is ridiculous.

Oh, this is only for judges guys. You can't use it for anything else. Really?? Well how did you get to use it for judges? How was that supposedly "appropriate" if the nuclear option for judges changed the Senate rules?

It's an option, or a precedent, which has changed the rules, not a special occasion for the benefit of Harry Reid and his party that must never be used by any other person or party because . . . because Harry and the Democrats are special. Don't you see? This must only be used for judges because Harry said so.

Nah. That's BS.
No the only Bs is you don't have an issue with the POTUS attempting a power grab in the dark of night because he couldn't get it done any other way

Why wait till now to use that nuke when you had 2 years to use it .?? I'd love to hear your answer to that
Old 12-21-2018, 07:26 PM   #65
Sea Dangles

Quote:
No the only Bs is you don't have an issue with the POTUS attempting a power grab in the dark of night because he couldn't get it done any other way

Why wait till now to use that nuke when you had 2 years to use it .?? I'd love to hear your answer to that
This is a familiar scenario that the public got used to in the previous administrations.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-21-2018, 08:27 PM   #66
detbuch

Quote:

Harry Reid did it because he couldn't get it done any other way. That's the point of the nuclear option. That's why it exists.

Trump does not have the power to use the nuclear option. He is not a senator. He can ask his party affiliated senators, who supposedly support the building of the wall to use it. Or else they're just a bunch of the usual political liars, like the Democrats who used to say they wanted a border fence of some kind but now they say that it is immoral.

The nuclear option genie has been let out of the bottle. It may well become the norm--become "appropriate." That was probably the intention of those who wrote the Constitution.

Trump may have waited till now because he was probably too naïve in thinking that politicians are like business dealers who do what is best for their businesses. So he tried to negotiate, cajole, media shame them, convince them that it was best for the country. Finding that political concerns are more important to politicians, and that there is one slim moment to get the job done, now was the time to go nuclear. Or maybe he's just a sexist, racist, corrupt, anti-American, self promoting, narcist, colluding traitor who thinks the wall will satisfy all his inner psychopathy, and, like Nero, watches the country burn while he plays the game of power that he ultimately always wanted.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:22 PM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Because you choose not to see it. Or are totally in an information bubble where the evidence is not allowed.

There should not have been a special Prosecutor appointed in the first place. There was no evidence of collusion or conspiracy to begin with. These prosecutors are not appointed to look for a crime, but to prosecute an identified crime.

And when phony, illegal means to spy on Americans, such as was the unverified so-called "dossier," are used to get FISA warrants, and that the document was paid for by the competing "team" (and even that was not told to the FISA judge), nor was the leader of that competing team being investigated for obvious, blatant, disregard of policy regarding emails, and who had shown favorable action toward Russia re a uranium deal which opened the spigot for huge donations to her private foundation, those are major warnings that "truth" is not the objective, and that the other "team" was being favored.
Everyone of your claims have been investigated and disproved

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-21-2018, 10:31 PM   #68
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Everyone of your claims have been investigated and disproved
Your wrong.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:

a lot of conservatives are upset trump waited this long. But the fact is, your side used the nuclear option when it suited them, and now the other side controls the senate. if you don’t like the use of the nuclear option, cry to Harry Reid.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #70
wdmso

Quote:
a lot of conservatives are upset trump waited this long. But the fact is, your side used the nuclear option when it suited them, and now the other side controls the senate. if you don’t like the use of the nuclear option, cry to Harry Reid.
Jim you can try to spin it anyway you want ...

1st he was willing to sign the bill w\out the wall funding his base flips and then he flips

2nd spineless ryan sends something to the senate he knows won't pass but has what Trump wants in it

3rd trump knows he is losing and will never see anything from the house again Try's to influence the senate to change the rules ... not for the country but for his self image

Face it you have said it before you dont care what he does if you get what you want ... seems this just follows that thinking

Again not even close to what happened in 2013 but once again you love to act as if they are the same

April 2017, Senate Republicans led by Mitch McConnell extended the nuclear option to Supreme Court nominations in order to end debate on the nomination of Neil Gorsuch

As of November 2018, a three-fifths majority vote is still required to end debates on legislation.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #71
wdmso

Quote:
whats alot?? do the outnumber those conservatives who are against it?

several Senators put out statements confirming their opposition, and confirming that there is not a majority in the conference to go down that road,”

shocking
Old 12-22-2018, 03:16 PM   #72
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The Don is now looking for a legal (like he really pays attention to what is or isn't) way to get rid of Jerome Powell, because his moves the Don is convinced are messing up the market. Must be that and not the trade war, the worries about the economy slowing, the Don knows what's best for the family. His window to profit over his moves is a short one, so he needs to pay attention (I know that too is a challenge) to what is happening in the financial sectors.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim you can try to spin it anyway you want ...

1st he was willing to sign the bill w\out the wall funding his base flips and then he flips

2nd spineless ryan sends something to the senate he knows won't pass but has what Trump wants in it

3rd trump knows he is losing and will never see anything from the house again Try's to influence the senate to change the rules ... not for the country but for his self image

Face it you have said it before you dont care what he does if you get what you want ... seems this just follows that thinking

Again not even close to what happened in 2013 but once again you love to act as if they are the same

April 2017, Senate Republicans led by Mitch McConnell extended the nuclear option to Supreme Court nominations in order to end debate on the nomination of Neil Gorsuch

As of November 2018, a three-fifths majority vote is still required to end debates on legislation.
i’m not spinning anything for christ’s sake, i’m stating fact. Harry Reid invemted the idea of using the nuclear option, and if he was assuming the gop would
never again control the senate and that it could
never be used against democrats, we’ll tough cookies for them.

i am tucked trump waited this long. not only am i not offended he wants to use the nuclear option, it would
be asinine for
him not to do it. Why should
o let the democrats be able to avail
themselves if this tactic?

any chance, any chance at all, you could
answer that question?
Old 12-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #74
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i’m not spinning anything for christ’s sake, i’m stating fact. Harry Reid invemted the idea of using the nuclear option, and if he was assuming the gop would

i am tucked trump waited this long. not only am i not offended he wants to use the nuclear option, it would
be asinine for
him not to do it. Why should

answer that question?
They don’t have the votes to do it
Flake, Alexander and Hatch have all said no to the nuclear option

Whomp Whomp

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-22-2018, 05:01 PM   #75
wdmso

Quote:

be asinine for
him not to do it. (you still dont get it )

PS the GOP already used it for neil gorsuch (another theft against normal )

Why should

answer that question?
Again keep hiding from the real reason Trump wants them to change the rules .... and ignore the timing .... unlike you I dont operate because dems did it then the GOP did it makes it fair game. to do it whenever you dont have the votes.... it's wrong period reguardless of party!!

both parties have bitten that poison apple once

I have respect for thoses who wish not to travel down that road ..