Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-12-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Spicer is a moron

I guess he thinks Hitlers use of human size easy bake ovens isn't the same thing, what a moron.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:49 PM   #2
Nebe

Careful.

I would not be surprised that all of this absolute moronic behavior from him and Kelly ann are not pre meditated to distract the press from the other stuff that is going on.

And hey... Trump will out spend obamas 8 years of travel expenses in just one year. Classy.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
Guppy
User

Diarrhea of the mouth
Old 04-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I can't think of another press secretary even remotely as despicable or unbelievable....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Spicer is out of his reach BUT he also does not get the bless of the press that Josh Ernest got. Josh dribbled a lot of crud but they loved Obama

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-13-2017, 03:02 AM   #6
buckman

Amazing after the Dems spent so much time calling Trump the next Hitler, and still do . He apologized . Something you never heard from Josh .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-13-2017, 04:40 AM   #7
wdmso

Seems you missed the last 8 years its telling I never read a thread about anything Josh Ernest said . that was so outrageous he needed apologize for it ?? if there was I am sure It would have made it here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	change-hitler-obama-lenin.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	64159   Click image for larger version

Name:	enhanced-buzz-10542-1381771228-19.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	64160  
Old 04-13-2017, 05:55 AM   #8
scottw

Wayne...you know who Lyndon Larouche is..right?
Old 04-13-2017, 06:15 AM   #9
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Amazing after the Dems spent so much time calling Trump the next Hitler, and still do . He apologized . Something you never heard from Josh .
I just call him cheato.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I just call him cheato.
You Racist!!!

Making fun of a man based on the color of his skin.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #11
Raven

I think he is phenomenal
Old 04-13-2017, 03:02 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Wayne...you know who Lyndon Larouche is..right?

Never heard of him wiki shows him as the images at tables of volunteers compared Obama to Hitler... not sure what your point is
other than he a democrat

My point was people also called Obama hitler
Old 04-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #13
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You Racist!!!

Making fun of a man based on the color of his skin.
Rassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Never heard of him wiki shows him as the images at tables of volunteers compared Obama to Hitler... not sure what your point is
other than he a democrat

We actually discussed some of those photos here, 4-5 years ago IIRC.

I wish all the admins were held to same standard (and could exceed them) regardless of party - but it does not happen that way.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
other than he a democrat

my point...

BUCKMAN "the Dems spent so much time calling Trump the next Hitler"

you responded by pasting a picture where a SEVEN time Democrat candidate for president depicted Obama as Hitlerian...

which is guess was confirming that democrats love to use hitler references, likenesses and aspersions
Old 04-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #15
detbuch

Apparently, Chris Matthews, the MSMBC spokesshill for the Democrat party, agrees with Spicer in regards to Hitler not using chemical weapons. He said this regarding Obama and his red line:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: "The problem is, I don't like it, first of all I'm rather dovish, I don't like what I'm going to say but it's true. If you basically put down a red line and say don't use chemical weapons, and it's been enforced in the Western community, around the world -- international community for decades. Don't use chemical weapons. We didn't use them in World War II, Hitler didn't use them, we don't use chemical weapons, that's no deal. Although we do know that Assad's father did. Then he goes ahead and does it. It makes you wonder what the mullahs will do if they have a couple of nuclear weapons, just a couple. Are they capable of not using them? That, of course, you know, I think that everybody talking this morning is projecting toward that, which is if you can't use deterrents the normal way -- mutually-assured destruction -- if you do this, we're blowing you up. If that doesn't work, what does work? And that's the problem."

Or course, Spicer immediately apologized for the slip. Don't know if Matthews did.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:57 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seems you missed the last 8 years its telling I never read a thread about anything Josh Ernest said . that was so outrageous he needed apologize for it ?? if there was I am sure It would have made it here
Spicer is likely in a bit over his head.

"its telling I never read a thread about anything Josh Ernest said"
It is telling, and what it tells us, is that the majority of the media gave Obama a pass because they were in love with him. No one questioned anything that anyone in the administration said, because they were in the tank for him.

The guy misspoke and admitted it. Obama said on tape that there re 57 states in the US. You have a camera in your face all the time, you will misstate things.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #17
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spicer is likely in a bit over his head.

"its telling I never read a thread about anything Josh Ernest said"
It is telling, and what it tells us, is that the majority of the media gave Obama a pass because they were in love with him. No one questioned anything that anyone in the administration said, because they were in the tank for him.Pls. pull up some of this Ernest's lies so we can discuss.

The guy misspoke and admitted it. Obama said on tape that there re 57 states in the US. You have a camera in your face all the time, you will misstate things.
Yes, but how many times did you bring it up? That was the 1st time I recall you saying it was a mistatement.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #18
Nebe

The dumbing down of our goverment will continue as long as everyone says "yes this was stupid, but it happened before under X".

How about.. "this is unacceptable" and leave it at that?
Old 04-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Yes, but how many times did you bring it up? That was the 1st time I recall you saying it was a mistatement.
How do you know Spicer lied? How do you know he wasn't just wrong?

Boy you must have been really concerned when Obama said there were 57 states...

"Yes, but how many times did you bring it up? That was the 1st time I recall you saying it was a mistatement."

Absolutely incorrect. I could care less that Obama said that, and I stated that many times. Anyone will mis-speak when there is a camera in their face all the time, it means nothing. It means nothing when Democrats make innocent mis-statements, it means nothing when conservatives do it. Fair enough?

What matters is what they do, and their policy. Not an obscure, meaningless error of language.

Obama gave me plenty of awful policy to hold him accountable for, and plenty of reprehensible things that he did. I didn't need to nit-pick over meaningless statements like 57 states.

You are going to have a long, long 4 years if you can't ignore this insignificant garbage.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
The dumbing down of our goverment will continue as long as everyone says "yes this was stupid, but it happened before under X".

Fine. But I don't think an innocent incorrect statement, is one of those things that means one is unqualified to serve. How many people could go 4 years without mis-stating a fact, if you spoke into a camera all day long, every day?

With all the terrible things Trump has said and done, THIS is what upsets you? His press secretary's knowledge of exactly what kind of weaponry was used everywhere by Hitler?

I have no problem with Spicer being hostile to most of the press, they deserve no better, they are a disgrace. He should strive to get his facts straight. When he's wrong, he should admit it, and that's what he did.

When Obama said dumb things, did he apologize? Or did he further insult his critics, by saying that we always misinterpreted his words? So when he called the Cambridge police "stupid", he wasn't criticizing them, heavens no! We just aren't evolved enough to see the brilliant nuance of his articulation!

I'll take a guy who can look me in the eye and admit when he made a mistake. We sure as hell didn't see much of that for the last 8 years.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:16 AM   #21
Nebe

You did it again. "When Obama...."

I just stop reading after that
Old 04-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #22
Duke41
got gas?

Trump rules MOAB. Ask ISIS.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:

You were the one calling for consistent standards. Yet (1) you say Spicer is an absolute moron for mis-stating something, and you don't want to hear it when I point out that everyone mis-speaks on occasion. Looks to me like you want very, very different standards to apply, depending on party. You can't have it both ways.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:32 AM   #24
PaulS

Quote:
How do you know Spicer lied? How do you know he wasn't just wrong? He very well could of and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. That is why I didn't respond to this thread until you brought Ernst up and said the press was in the bag for him. Spicer has made many out and out lies already.

Boy you must have been really concerned when Obama said there were 57 states...No, I recognized it as what it was - a mistatement. And when you commented on it I always stated that (most) people recognized it as a mistatement.

"Yes, but how many times did you bring it up? That was the 1st time I recall you saying it was a mistatement."

Absolutely incorrectNo, you (and Scott) brought it up a few times. . I could care less that Obama said that, and I stated that many times. Anyone will mis-speak when there is a camera in their face all the time, it means nothing. It means nothing when Democrats make innocent mis-statements, it means nothing when conservatives do it. Fair enough?Totally agree w/that.

What matters is what they do, and their policy. Not an obscure, meaningless error of language.

Obama gave me plenty of awful policy to hold him accountable for, and plenty of reprehensible things that he did. I didn't need to nit-pick over meaningless statements like 57 states.

You are going to have a long, long 4 years if you can't ignore this insignificant garbage.
I think I and most people have already ignored a lot of things that President Trump said (and Spicer)- including some fairly significant things.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:36 PM   #25
Jim in CT

He is also a Commander in the US Navy Reserve. Reported for duty today.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:39 AM   #26
bart
Red Eye Jedi

I love all the Trump supporters trying to defend that moron Spicer. Laughable.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:19 AM   #27
JohnR

Quote:

But many relevant instances have been accepted under Obama.

It should be we hold both parties to the same standard but we didn't and we don't. This is part of how we got Trump. The vocal left called everyone they did not agree with as *phobic *nist and finally fascists.

This Is How You Got Trump

The Dems ran the most baggage ridden candidate in the election, arguably the one person Trump could beat.

This Is How You Got Trump

If the left keeps it up, you will get 4 more years of Trump

I didn't vote for him but I sure can see why he got elected

Quote:

Sometimes it is right, sometimes wrong

Quote:
He is also a Commander in the US Navy Reserve. Reported for duty today.
Hope he is not a PAO

Apocalypse is Coming: