Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-06-2022, 08:30 PM   #1
Jim in CT

poll: 88% say US on wrong track.

You don’t get to 88% just by turning off republicans.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ck-survey/amp/
Old 07-07-2022, 07:37 AM   #2
wdmso

You still think this poll is about political party it’s INFLATION, GAS PRICES TOP FAMILY CONCERNS

majority of 57% say that the actions of the federal government over the past six months have hurt their family

But not one of that 57% could name a policy or action the federal government took or didn’t take .. they think the government controls prices of gas and food , America’s are spoiled and need instant fixes while having short historical memories .

What bills have either party passed since this inflation started ? NONE
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-07-2022, 08:56 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You still think this poll is about political party it’s INFLATION, GAS PRICES TOP FAMILY CONCERNS

majority of 57% say that the actions of the federal government over the past six months have hurt their family

But not one of that 57% could name a policy or action the federal government took or didn’t take .. they think the government controls prices of gas and food , America’s are spoiled and need instant fixes while having short historical memories .

What bills have either party passed since this inflation started ? NONE
oh i know what it’s about. And i know which party controls the entire federal government at the moment.

how do you know that not one person can name a single thing Biden did that caused harm? Please tell me what you’re basing that lunacy on?

People know Biden said he was going to end fossil fuels, people
know he pumped trillions into the economy in the middle of a supply crunch ( all but guaranteeing inflation), people
know he said inflation was transitory, people
know he’s lying through his dentures when he says Putin caused it all, people know that democrats demonize police and victimize criminals, people know the liberals want a catastrophic open border ( unless 51% of hispanics somehow vote red, in which case the democrats will change their tune quickly on illegal immigration).

People were clearly willing to put up with all that in order to flush Trump down the toilet. Unfortunately for democrats, despite the January 6 hearings, Trump isn’t on the ballot in november. It’s going to be a referendum on how life has changed since we gave the democrats the keys to our federal government. It’s been one complete disaster after another since the Afghanistan exit.

On top of al that, the economy is acting very sick. we could be in a serious recession in november, which would almost be an extinction event for the left in congress, at least in the house.

The overturning of Roe will help a little. Likely not a big help.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-07-2022 at 09:21 AM..
Old 07-07-2022, 01:50 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Let’s see
Border Crisis
Texans cross the southern border in droves for basic healthcare needs. THAT is the emergency at the border.

It’s not Brazilian butt-lifts, it’s basic healthcare…dental, vision, internists, and pharmacy.

“Americans forced to seek healthcare in foreign country” is the headline.

And there's another southern border emergency - women who are seeking abortions are heading to Mexico, too.

Old 07-07-2022, 02:39 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Let’s see
Border Crisis
Texans cross the southern border in droves for basic healthcare needs. THAT is the emergency at the border.

It’s not Brazilian butt-lifts, it’s basic healthcare…dental, vision, internists, and pharmacy.

And there's another southern border emergency - women who are seeking abortions are heading to Mexico, too.

you keep telling yourself that there’s nothing to see at the border.
Old 07-07-2022, 02:40 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:

it’s “your” headline. not “the” headline.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:12 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Sure, tell us about the oncoming caravan
Old 07-07-2022, 09:17 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sure, tell us about the oncoming caravan
i didn’t say that was the headline, i’ve never once mentioned it.

How about record drug deaths and fentanyl overdoses? is that a rounding error
to you?
Old 07-08-2022, 05:02 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i didn’t say that was the headline, i’ve never once mentioned it.

How about record drug deaths and fentanyl overdoses? is that a rounding error
to you?
Floriduh has a terrible problem with that, you’d think DeathSantis would do something

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-08-2022, 05:23 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Floriduh has a terrible problem with that, you’d think DeathSantis would do something
so does all of new england. you forgot to mention that.

In a few months, you’re going to find out which one of us has a better clue about what america is thinking.

https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/deaths/2020.html
Old 07-08-2022, 05:38 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Today, California Governor Newsom announced an investment in state-manufactured insulin to be sold almost at cost. Meanwhile, Republicans are using their state funds to investigate critical race theory. Priorities on full display.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:41 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

How do you know gas prices have been falling for 3 weeks straight and #^&#^&#^&#^&’s about to hit the fan for Trump and Republicans?

They’re talking about private citizen Hunter Biden again

Like clockwork
Old 07-08-2022, 06:06 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

The GOP is ditching general election appeal to independent voters in favor of hard-line appeals to their conservative base.

Birth control, gay marriage, Public Education, Social Security, Medicare are all on the chopping block
Old 07-08-2022, 06:20 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Today, California Governor Newsom announced an investment in state-manufactured insulin to be sold almost at cost. Meanwhile, Republicans are using their state funds to investigate critical race theory. Priorities on full display.
meanwhile he travels in luxury, violating lockdowns he demands the little people adhere to. He’s not electable outside of a super progressive place.

But it sounds like a good idea.
Old 07-08-2022, 06:20 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
how many people moved from CA to TX or FL today?
Old 07-08-2022, 06:23 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
How do you know gas prices have been falling for 3 weeks straight and #^&#^&#^&#^&’s about to hit the fan for Trump and Republicans?

They’re talking about private citizen Hunter Biden again

Like clockwork
you don’t get it. It’s GOOD for the GOP if trump gets in trouble and can’t run again. The democrats have shown they can beat Trump ( before we knew how incompetent and senile biden is). The GOP will have a better chance in 2024 without Trump. Going after Trump, helps the GOP, it doesn’t hurt the GOP. It clears the way for Desantis.
Old 07-08-2022, 06:24 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
The GOP is ditching general election appeal to independent voters in favor of hard-line appeals to their conservative base.

Birth control, gay marriage, Public Education, Social Security, Medicare are all on the chopping block
what’s the gop doing with birth control and gay marriage? I must’ve missed that.

Don’t forget seeing eye dogs, i heard the gop wants to harvest and eat all the seeing eye dogs in the country.

You’re a lunatic.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:18 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
what’s the gop doing with birth control and gay marriage? I must’ve missed that.

Don’t forget seeing eye dogs, i heard the gop wants to harvest and eat all the seeing eye dogs in the country.

You’re a lunatic.
You’re a blind follower

Remember Roe v Wade was in no danger

Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare—what worries me is Republicans are now coming to take away birth control, too.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said he is willing to help Texas overturn gay marriage and uphold sodomy laws at the Supreme Court based on Clarence Thomas’ concurrence.

BOTH FLORIDA U.S. SENATORS Rick Scott & Marco Rubio have gone on record saying they want to cut Social Security.

FLORIDA's Governor DeSantis vetoed $2 million meant to help low-income people access long-acting birth control—which had been sent to his desk with bipartisan support.

Mississippi Governor Reeves would not say whether he would sign legislation banning birth control.

Clarence Thomas’s concurrence in Dobbs explicitly called for reconsidering a host of other legal protections, from birth control (Griswold), same-sex sexual relations (Lawrence), and same-sex marriage (Obergefell). Marginalized communities will be targeted. It will not stop here.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-08-2022, 07:50 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’re a blind follower

Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare—what worries me is Republicans are now coming to take away birth control, too.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said he is willing to help Texas overturn gay marriage and uphold sodomy laws at the Supreme Court based on Clarence Thomas’ concurrence.

BOTH FLORIDA U.S. SENATORS Rick Scott & Marco Rubio have gone on record saying they want to cut Social Security.

FLORIDA's Governor DeSantis vetoed $2 million meant to help low-income people access long-acting birth control—which had been sent to his desk with bipartisan support.

Mississippi Governor Reeves would not say whether he would sign legislation banning birth control.

Clarence Thomas’s concurrence in Dobbs explicitly called for reconsidering a host of other legal protections, from birth control (Griswold), same-sex sexual relations (Lawrence), and same-sex marriage (Obergefell). Marginalized communities will be targeted. It will not stop here.
you’re not a blind follower, but I am? Keep telling yourself
that

Yes, i said many times I’d never live to see Roe overturned. I was speculating, as we all do, and i got that vine spectacularly wrong, as we all sometimes so ( not you though, your predictions are 100% accurate.)

What are you expecting in november? That the democrats gain house seats?

Why should abortion be rare? That’s stupid. The only way to justify abortion is to believe that the unborn is an ina image object, in which case abortion is no more of a moral dilemma than removing a mole. A million times a year isn’t rare.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:52 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Economy added 372k jobs in June, beating consensus. The labor market is not even remotely suggesting recession.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:52 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’re a blind follower

oh i see. so if desantis is opposed to using public money for birth control, that means he’s opposed to birth control.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:56 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Pete, if i’m responsible for every stupid thing that any republican says, are yiunsikilarlybresponsiblemfor every outlandish thing a democrat says? Are you liable for everything that Ihan Omar and Rashida Talib say? Lori Lightfoot said f—- Clarence Thomas, are you responsible for that?

I can go tit for tat with you all day. So let’s not waste time on that stupidity, and talk about results of policies. But there’s a reason why you don’t want that conversation.
Old 07-08-2022, 08:06 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Let’s see how many Trumplicans in power or not said “Let’s go Brandon”?

Meanwhile Leading historical societies conclude that the “misrepresentations” in Dobbs “are now enshrined in a text that becomes authoritative for legal reference and citation in the future.” But scholars and lawyers should agree never to cite this fake “history.”
https://www.historians.org/Documents...ment_final.pdf
Old 07-08-2022, 08:07 AM   #24
Jim in CT

here ya go Pete, governors approval ratings ( not sure when this was done.)

Desantis approval is 58%, Newsom is 42%.

Keep in mind, that CA is a much bluer state than FL is red. Not even close.

Explain that, please. Why is Desantis doing better in a purple state than Newsom is in a deep blue state?

Have fun with that.

https://morningconsult.com/governor-rankings/
Old 07-08-2022, 08:10 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

New NavigatorSurvey polling finds a 24 pt drop in GOP favorability with independents, and 10 pts overall.

This is a very significant shift in a short period of time, and more confirming data that the natl landscape is becoming far better for Dems.
72% of Democrats more likely to vote now. Big number! Other polls now have Dem vote intensity higher than Rs.

This is not a typical midterm. The anti-MAGA majority which voted in record numbers in the last two elections is getting ready to do it again this time.
Lots of data now showing a new, bluer 2022 election.

In 9 polls of the Congressional Generic since Row Dems hold a 1.7 pt lead, a shift of 4-5 pts for Ds. It's a big deal.

63% support a national law to protect a women's right to an abortion. It's +30 with indies. This is another big number.
Old 07-08-2022, 08:12 AM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
here ya go Pete, governors approval ratings ( not sure when this was done.)

Desantis approval is 58%, Newsom is 42%.

Keep in mind, that CA is a much bluer state than FL is red. Not even close.

Explain that, please. Why is Desantis doing better in a purple state than Newsom is in a deep blue state?

Have fun with that.

https://morningconsult.com/governor-rankings/
OK

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is down by 13 points to Democrat Charlie Crist in the 2022 election in new poll

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-08-2022, 08:33 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
New NavigatorSurvey polling finds a 24 pt drop in GOP favorability with independents, and 10 pts overall.

This is a very significant shift in a short period of time, and more confirming data that the natl landscape is becoming far better for Dems.
72% of Democrats more likely to vote now. Big number! Other polls now have Dem vote intensity higher than Rs.

This is not a typical midterm. The anti-MAGA majority which voted in record numbers in the last two elections is getting ready to do it again this time.
Lots of data now showing a new, bluer 2022 election.

In 9 polls of the Congressional Generic since Row Dems hold a 1.7 pt lead, a shift of 4-5 pts for Ds. It's a big deal.

63% support a national law to protect a women's right to an abortion. It's +30 with indies. This is another big number.
on abortion, you keep talking about what people want. And i agree they want it. But do you understand that SCOTUS isn’t supposed to care about what people want? It’s suooosed to be based in the constitition, not on public opinion polls.

Take a 6th grade civics class.

The day will come when the GoP has the white house and congress again. When that day comes, do you want them to be able to do everything they want to do? Or do you want them to be limited by what the constitution says they can do?
Old 07-08-2022, 08:36 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
OK

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is down by 13 points to Democrat Charlie Crist in the 2022 election in new poll
do you EVER respond to the question asked?

Crust is very popular in FL, and FL is a purple state. Crist could definitely win. Which would presumably be the end for Desantis.
Old 07-08-2022, 08:46 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Leading historical societies conclude that the “misrepresentations” in Dobbs “are now enshrined in a text that becomes authoritative for legal reference and citation in the future.” But scholars and lawyers should agree never to cite this fake “history.”
https://www.historians.org/Documents...ment_final.pdf
Well, I think the radical SCOTUS shouldn’t just invent history to justify overturning a long-standing decision.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-08-2022, 08:51 AM   #30
Nebe

The 88% of people who think we are off track are probably the 88% of people in blue states who thanks to the electoral college and gerrymandering are voting independent and democrat. If we were to remove that bull#^&#^&#^&#^&, our elections would be wildly different.