Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
buckman

the accidental President

c&p from michael savage dot com

THE ACCIDENTAL PRESIDENT

IT’S CLEAR FROM THE PAST FEW WEEKS THAT BARACK OBAMA IS COMPLETELY OUT OF PLACE. IF YOU LOOK AT WHAT HE’S BEEN TRYING TO DO TO THE COUNTRY, IF YOU LOOK AT HOW HE HANDLES HIMSELF, IF YOU LOOK AT THE WAY HE DEALS WITH THE MEDIA, IT’S PLAIN TO SEE THAT HIS ELECTION WAS DUE NOT TO HIS OWN ABILITY, BUT TO A PERFECT STORM OF EVENTS.

FIRST, GEORGE W. BUSH DESTROYED THE ECONOMY. HE DRAINED THE TREASURY WITH AN ENDLESS WAR. HE SOLD OUR MANUFACTURING BASE OUT TO THE REST OF THE WORLD. HE GAVE BILLIONS IN AIDS MONEY TO AFRICA TO BURNISH HIS IMAGE WITH LIBERAL JOURNALISTS AND HISTORIANS. SO AMERICA BECAME SICK OF GEORGE W. BUSH.

SECOND, JOHN MCCAIN RAN THE WORST PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN IN LIVING MEMORY. HE PRAISED OBAMA CONSTANTLY. HE REFUSED TO LET HIS SUBORDINATES ATTACK OBAMA. HE NOMINATED AN UNQUALIFIED ALASKAN HILLBILLY AS HIS VICE PRESIDENT. SO AMERICA BECAME SICK OF JOHN MCCAIN AS WELL.

THIRD, WALL STREET COLLAPSED AT THE HEIGHT OF THE ELECTION SEASON. THE COUNTRY SAW ITS NET WORTH PLUMMET. THE COUNTRY SAW MILLIONS OF JOBS LOST. THE COUNTRY SAW BILLIONS GO TO BANKERS WHO HAD CONNECTIONS TO THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION. AND SO AMERICA BECAME SICK OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. AND IN SENSELESS DESPERATION, AMERICA ELECTED AN UNKNOWN COLLEGE PROFESSOR AS ITS PRESIDENT.

SO WHEN YOU SEE OBAMA GIVING HIS NEXT SPEECH, AND YOU NOTICE HOW OUT OF PLACE HE LOOKS AT THE PODIUM, IT’S NOT BECAUSE YOU’RE IGNORANT OR EVIL OR RACIST. IT’S BECAUSE THIS MAN IS COMPLETELY OUT OF HIS DEPTH. HE SNAPS AT THE MEDIA WHEN THEY ASK HIM SERIOUS QUESTIONS. HE LOOKS BAFFLED WHEN HE GETS ON BOARD AIR FORCE ONE. AND THE ONLY ECONOMIC SOLUTION HE SEEMS TO KNOW IS TO GIVE AWAY MONEY TO HIS FRIENDS. BARACK OBAMA IS THE ACCIDENTAL PRESIDENT. BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST.

OBAMA

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America
Old 02-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
eastendlu

We need a big yawn smiley...
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Flaptail
"Throw plugs like we do that will cause them to suffer humility. Pogies make any fisherman look good when bass are around. Bait is easy."
Old 02-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
JohnnyD

Refuse to read more than 2 sentences in Caps. Also, the abundance of people just fishing for things to complain about is getting boring too.

Might as well just put on Faux News Channel.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Please lower you caps .. We traded a C student for a Harvard Graduate .. If Obama's out of place what was Bush ?
Old 02-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
spence

I'm surprised Savage is so popular to be honsest, he's really a dumb%$%$%$%$.

The irony here is over the top. Usually, Savage would be arguing that political correctness from the mentally insane Liberals are causing our kids to believe that "winning" is mean and we should give awards to everyone.

I guess the fact that Obama played the game better than the entire Republican party is just rubbing him a bit raw.

Sour grapes.

-spence
Old 02-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #6
Sea Dangles

Most admit we had poor choices. I hope we succeed but it seems we have the lesser of two evils in office.The blind stare like a deer in the headlights caught my attention in a big way. He better watch his mouth when he tries to convince Republicans to go along with his plan. He almost took a threatening posture and it looked rehearsed.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 02-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Most admit we had poor choices. I hope we succeed but it seems we have the lesser of two evils in office.The blind stare like a deer in the headlights caught my attention in a big way. He better watch his mouth when he tries to convince Republicans to go along with his plan. He almost took a threatening posture and it looked rehearsed.

Well put. For someone who is as polished as he is, he almost seemed flustered at times and antagonistic towards the Republicans.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #8
Backbeach Jake

Talking From your public profile

"Friends
buckman has not made any friends yet "

Sorry couldn't help myself...

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Old 02-11-2009, 06:47 AM   #9
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
"Friends
buckman has not made any friends yet "

Sorry couldn't help myself...

Sorry about the caps guys. it's the way it was on Savage's site.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:49 AM   #10
buckman

I'll tell you what, everytime he stumbles through one of his town hall meetings by retirement account takes a beating.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #11
PaulS

We just went thru 8 years of the worse speaking president of all time who use to have to plant fake reporters in press conferences so that he can lob questions at the president - and he'd still screw up the answer.

Any one with a shred of intelligence and an ounce of honesty will tell you that Obama did fine.

The article read like it was written by a 5th grader.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #12
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Ah, Savage.
Who else will I listen to rant and rave about Marxism at night when I'm headed out fishing.... ever note that the programing following Savage is usually about UFOs and Bigfoot? and RI he is preceded by an equally asinine 'Savage in training' from right here in RI...

What was it Savage said about autistic kids again?
he has the credibility of.....
well he doesnt have any

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 02-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #13
buckman

Read my thread on health care. Obama's a stooge for the far left. Read that and then tell us how good he will be for us all.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #14
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

notice how any criticism of the left has been devalued by the democratic machine?
Limbaugh
Hannity
talk radio
Fox news......etc

they have succedeed in undermining any voices that speak out against them.

Mark my words, you all thougt I was nuts when I said how afwul the economy will be, here are the next steps -
1. The bailouts will fail, Obama and Geithner will continue to blame wall street and executives - the US Government will seize control of the banks with no resistance
2. Investments will continue to fall and the government will seize control of 401ks, making a national retirement plan.

Last edited by RIJIMMY; 02-11-2009 at 09:10 AM..

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 02-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #15
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Some of the critics have some credit though Jim. Or a tleast make valid points on occasion.
Savage to me is a ranting ass-hole.
I listen to him and fear for the country if Savage actually has followers.

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
You will be Assimilated.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #17
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Some of the critics have some credit though Jim. Or a tleast make valid points on occasion.
Savage to me is a ranting ass-hole.
I listen to him and fear for the country if Savage actually has followers.
I've never heard him. And I always beleive there is hope for you yet Bryan.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #18
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

9p on 99.7fm in RI
he's a douche, but he angers the blood before fishing!

Jim, ultimately, I believe in common sense, and while some of the stimulus is pork, I think it is a good mix of short term and long-term goals.
as far as calling him the accidental president...

Bryan

Old 02-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #19
EarnedStripes44

[QUOTE=RIJIMMY;663382]notice how any criticism of the left has been devalued by the democratic machine?
Limbaugh
Hannity
talk radio
Fox news......etcQUOTE]

The only thing being devalued are the minds of listeners who buy into Rush and Hannity's corrosive venom. There are far more logical republicans and conservatives in politics who would better serve the conservative movement. Sean Hannity and Rush represent the atrophication of right wing muscle.

Bill O'Reilly's strongest criticism of Barry's 1st press conference was "it was too boring...". Is this what Fox News pays him for. Are Fox news viewers genuinely better served by such a stirring analysis. If so, I recommend a great show, its called the "the hills". Its filled with all the reality drama one comes to find on Fox News without Greta Van Susteren's unsightly mugg.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #20
JohnnyD

Quote:
notice how any criticism of the left has been devalued by the democratic machine?
Limbaugh
Hannity
talk radio
Fox news......etc

Yes, the democratic machine is the one that had succeeded in undermining republican criticism. Comments like these are definitely not at the route as to why people like Limbaugh are seen as Full of Sh*&.

"Rush Limbaugh -- the de facto leader of the Republican Party -- said on his show Tuesday that the entire economic meltdown was actually precipitated by a conspiracy between George Soros and a cabal of billionaire liberals who deliberately sought to sabotage the world economy in order to get Barack Obama elected."

There's also that time Limbaugh was mocking a guy's Parkinson's tremors.

But yeah, I can see your point as to why he's a reputable source for criticism of Obama.

I could get started on how in numerous reporting situations, FauxNews has blatantly changed facts to make the left look worse or the right look better. Just a quick example of which is when they reported Mark Foley as a democrat during his attempted boy-fondling scandal.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #21
spence

The dems haven't successfully killed dissent, it's that the 3ight has relied on ENTERTAINERS to be the face of the party.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #22
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The dems haven't successfully killed dissent, it's that the 3ight has relied on ENTERTAINERS to be the face of the party.
unlike Michael Moore, Al Gore and Keith Oberman

Old 02-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #23
spence

Gore isn't an entertainer, and I wouldn't exactly call Moore and Olberman mainstream.

Limbaugh and company though are widely looked at as leading the debate.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #24
fishbones

Quote:
Jimmy, I usually agree with you, but not on this one. There is absolutely nothing entertaining about any of those 3 people. In fact, I would go as far as to say that all 3 of them are impossible to listen to without wanting to put a gun in your mouth.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 02-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #25
fishbones

Spence, I would argue that Olberman is very mainstream even though he's a donkey. He hosts a nightly, hour long talk show on MSNBC. Not exactly local cable access, is it?

Oh, and have you ever heard of a football game called the Super Bowl? He was an on field commentator for that.

I bet that he is more recognizable than Hannity to the general public.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #26
spence

Olberman was at the super bowl because it was on NBC and he used to be on ESPN. I'd wager the majority might have remered him more from ESPN than his current show.

And even though he does have some popularity, I don't know anyone who would say he's a leading Liberal voice. Same could be said for Moore who without Bush to feed from, is going to find his messages fall pretty flat this time around IMHO.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #27
spence

Also, Olberman has one mission and one mission only. To mock the conservative punditry and expose Bush admin hypocricy.

Ok, that's two.

I've yet to seriously opine about the merrits of Liberalism.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #28
fishbones

I think more people know Olberman from hosting Football Night on NBC ( which is the resaon he was doing the Super Bowl) and from when he did the World Series a few years ago. I think he was with Fox back then, but it doesn't seem right that he would have worked for them? Just because he's a one trick donkey doesn't mean that he's not high profile.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #29
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
OK. Moore, KO, Rachel whatever her name etc.. you can lump together, but Gore? jeez Jim. Apples and Oranges...

Bryan

Old 02-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #30
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Moore, Olberman (used to be a fan, now he's a douche), nuts, Madow has gone over the edge from her Air America days where she was mildly entertaining. Rush, Hannity, O'Reiley - clowns. Problem is, if you dig enough in to the issues you get nauseaus listening to any one of them. Savage is the absolute bonkers.

I miss Ed Schultz - he was good.

Quote:
Ah, Savage.
Who else will I listen to rant and rave about Marxism at night when I'm headed out fishing.... ever note that the programing following Savage is usually about UFOs and Bigfoot? and RI he is preceded by an equally asinine 'Savage in training' from right here in RI...
Savage is an idiot. I love the Coast to Coast AM AFTER fishing for my UFO / Bigfoot / Tessla Coil info - LOVE IT (but i leave the tinfoil hat for Eben)

Matt Allen, the Savage in training is very good IMO and not the whack job of Savage.

Quote:
What was it Savage said about autistic kids again?
he has the credibility of.....
well he doesnt have any
Savage is an idiot.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: