Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And the alt-right concurs
https://dailystormer.name/white-raci...ionalism-pt-1/
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You could have distilled your lengthy, crappy article into its key points, but I speed read through it and, as I thought, the white nationalists at the daily stormer do not mean the same thing by "American nationalism" that Trump and Bannon do. They don't mean the same thing by "American" that Trump and Bannon do.

This is exactly what I've been saying about how fake media, and its followers like you, attach meaning to Trump's words in order to make him out to be racist, sexist, anti-Semitic (his daughter and grandchildren are Jews for Christ's sake--well not for His sake, but you know what I mean--or maybe you don't since you get hung up on the negative side of words), misogynist, and so-forth. Because Hitler and Mussolini were "nationalists," Trump saying he is means he's Hitler. Nationalism, for you, at least in the Trump context, can mean only one thing--Hitler et al.

I can't help you with your semantic problem. I doubt that you want help. Your hate for Trump comforts you all the more if you can find a way to verify it by seeing the evidence in a word.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-20-2018 at 12:09 AM..
Old 11-19-2018, 09:21 PM   #32
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Trump, and especially Bannon, has said that American nationalism, mainly an economic nationalism, includes the equality of all races and genders and religion that exist in the citizens of America. A white nationalist would be horrified by such a nationalism. A white nationalist would not follow such a nationalism.

But the fake media intentionally leaves out the distinction between American nationalism as expressed by Trump and Bannon, and, rather, ties Trump's nationalism to the WWII fascist, racist version. And anti-Trumpers can then freely pile onto the fake perception that Trump is a fascist, racist, white nationalist.
Except muslims...

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Except muslims...
Unless they’re carrying gold, frankincense or myrrh
Old 11-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You could have distilled your lengthy, crappy article into its key points, but I speed read through it and, as I thought, the white nationalists at the daily stormer do not mean the same thing by "American nationalism" that Trump and Bannon do. They don't mean the same thing by "American" that Trump and Bannon do.

This is exactly what I've been saying about how fake media, and its followers like you, attach meaning to Trump's words in order to make him out to be racist, sexist, anti-Semitic (his daughter and grandchildren are Jews for Christ's sake--well not for His sake, but you no what I mean--or maybe you don't since you get hung up on the negative side of words), misogynist, and so-forth. Because Hitler and Mussolini were "nationalists," Trump saying he is means he's Hitler. Nationalism, for you, at least in the Trump context, can mean only one thing--Hitler et al.

I can't help you with your semantic problem. I doubt that you want help. Your hate for Trump comforts you all the more if you can find a way to verify it by seeing the evidence in a word.
But they certainly love it that Trump too claims to be a nationalist
But words don’t matter
Lives can be quantified as dollars
The short term result is all that counts
I don’t hate the Con, despise would be accurate
You’ll figure it out sooner or later

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-19-2018, 10:27 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Except muslims...
There you go with some equals all.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:25 PM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
But they certainly love it that Trump too claims to be a nationalist

So do a lot of other people, including those who are not white. So, if the Alt right love ice cream, or turkey on thanksgiving, that must mean that everyone else that does are also White Nationalist Alt Right? Do you not like ice cream or turkey? Or anything that White Nationalists like?

BTW, Hitler didn't like all whites. He wasn't a white nationalist per se. More of a Germanic or Aryan Nationalist.

But words don’t matter

Of course words matter. But you don't truly understand that. You don't recognize the difference in a word when it is used in a different context. You don't understand that a word can mean different things depending on how it is used. In a different way that changes its meaning. It's not a difficult concept to understand. A 6th grader should be able to understand it.

But I think you actually do understand that. You simply and obstinately refuse to admit what is obvious because it doesn't suit your preferred image of Trump.

There are different meanings to the word "nationalist." Such as these copied from The Free Dictionary:

"nationalist – nationalistic – patriotic
1. 'national'
National is used to describe something that belongs to or is typical of a particular country or nation.
...the national economy.
...changes in the national diet.
2. 'nationalist'
Nationalist is usually a noun. A nationalist is someone who tries to obtain political independence for his or her country.
...Basque nationalists.
You can also use nationalist as an adjective to describe people, movements, or ideas."

These are general definitions. The word, obviously, can be used in a totally specific manner. It is probably used most often in a specifically negative sense. And so those who hate, or dislike, or "despise" Trump, fervently stick to the negative meaning even in the face of Trumps stated meaning of his type of nationalism. I can only think that this is a deliberate, intentional trick to make it appear that Trump is admitting to be some Alt Right, Nazi like, fascist, racist, xenophobe.

Lives can be quantified as dollars
The short term result is all that counts

That sounds interesting but undirected in a meaningful way.

I don’t hate the Con, despise would be accurate
You’ll figure it out sooner or later
I didn't have to figure it out. You specifically spelled it out and I believe you. I'll try to remember that you "despise" not that you "hate" him.

Maybe you'll be able to figure out the difference between the Trump/Bannon spelled out form of nationalism and the Alt Right and Hitler type of nationalism. It's not difficult to understand. I think you can do it.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #37
spence

Quote:
Maybe you'll be able to figure out the difference between the Trump/Bannon spelled out form of nationalism and the Alt Right and Hitler type of nationalism. It's not difficult to understand. I think you can do it.
I look at the incessant finger pointing and blaming other cultures and religions for all our problems and it looks hauntingly similar.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:01 PM   #38
wdmso

Trump jokes about vote recounts at turkey pardon
Old 11-20-2018, 04:06 PM   #39
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Tweet of the day I saw.... 'Weird, Trump just ate two turkeys and pardoned Ivanka and Jared'

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-20-2018, 04:41 PM   #40
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I look at the incessant finger pointing and blaming other cultures and religions for all our problems and it looks hauntingly similar.
It's amazing how many things you can twist in one sentence to create an appearance. That would be hauntingly similar to lying.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:54 PM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I didn't have to figure it out. You specifically spelled it out and I believe you. I'll try to remember that you "despise" not that you "hate" him.

Actually, I believe it is only a short step or two from the Miller/Bannon form of Nationalism to bad outcomes.
But that wouldn't be their fault.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-20-2018, 05:14 PM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
Actually, I believe it is only a short step or two from the Miller/Bannon form of Nationalism to bad outcomes.
But that wouldn't be their fault.
Aren't we all a short step or two from bad outcomes? But we carry on the best we can.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #43
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well if that doesn't just make your blood boil

Can't understand how all of America isn't outraged over this, this could be the impeachable offense we've all been waiting for.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-20-2018, 10:16 PM   #44
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Wayne, take some time for you. No news that will trouble,just you. On tv watch sports or game shows. The radio is only for music. Clear out the cobwebs and hug your family if they made it past the border agents.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN