Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-01-2019, 10:11 PM   #31
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If your son decided to make Pepe the Frog a style choice would you be comfortable with that?
Never used a Pepe, that said a lot of people that do are Pro Trump and were anti-Hillary - does that make them all Neo Nazis? If a Black guy uses Pepe is he a Nazi? A Racist? Because they do not toe your line they are one or the other or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Only if he had a Qanon hat to go with it...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

See above

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-02-2019, 07:05 AM   #32
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Yet you are proud to label somebody a racist when they use the word infested....as I predicted. Total lightweight move as usual.
Mr irrelevant - should I really care what you post since you add nothing in 95% (lightweight) of your posts.

The funny thing is that you said you started posting here bc you couldn't take all the Trump bashing. An emotional snowflake.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:06 AM   #33
wdmso

Texas Rep. Will Hurd, the lone black Republican in the House, announced Thursday evening he won't run for reelection in 2020.

Let that sink in

Hurd was also one of just four House Republicans who voted for a resolution to condemn Trump's racist tweets

or

Scott, the Senate’s only black Republican, was responding to Trump’s weekend Twitter attacks on U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., the African American chairman of the U.S. House Oversight and Reform Committee.

‘God have mercy on the party,’”

GOP has 2 black members soon 1

So Jim how do explain away how blacks feel about Trumps comments? a majority clearly see them as racist.. seeing you love to tell us how black unemployment is at record lows ... and how the black community is benefiting..
I would Think their views on the issue would carry some weight .. I guess not
Old 08-02-2019, 08:27 AM   #34
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Texas Rep. Will Hurd, the lone black Republican in the House, announced Thursday evening he won't run for reelection in 2020.

Let that sink in

Hurd was also one of just four House Republicans who voted for a resolution to condemn Trump's racist tweets

or

Scott, the Senate’s only black Republican, was responding to Trump’s weekend Twitter attacks on U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., the African American chairman of the U.S. House Oversight and Reform Committee.

So Jim how do explain away how blacks feel about Trumps comments? a majority clearly see them as racist.. seeing you love to tell us how black unemployment is at record lows ... and how the black community is benefiting..
Tim Scott is a good leader, a good Senator, and he states a pretty good response to your post:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1156610053333553152

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-02-2019, 08:37 AM   #35
PaulS

Jim is prob. about to post something complaining about Trump saying he will wipe out ped. cancer and AIDS.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:33 AM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Tim Scott is a good leader, a good Senator, and he states a pretty good response to your post:

Typical response its the media fault... never Trumps fault for his image
Old 08-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump likely claims, Nobody can go lower than him and this time he's right.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Really bad news! The Baltimore house of Elijah Cummings was robbed. Too bad!
7:58 AM · Aug 2, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-02-2019, 12:05 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:

Let that sink in

or

wayne, maybe you need to go to 5th grade, and take a reading comprehension course. i think you have issues. Because i have said here a hundred times, that i despise the vindictive, vulgar, undignified rhetoric of Trump. is that going too fast for you? Is that too vague? Please tell me why you cannot understand what i just said?

do. need to put that in a pop-up book for you to grasp it? Is it really that complex?

i have no doubt that a majority see trumps comments as racist. because they are told 1,000 times a day that it’s true. but when the best you can do is say that the word “infested” is synonymous with the phrase “crawling with n*ggers”, that’s when you lose me.

meanwhile its ok when senator robert byrd uses that word explicitly. but it’s racist when trump says that baltimore is rat infested.

You’re deranged.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:09 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

BINGO.

how come the libs here bend over backwards to avoid, or at the very best diminish, the policy accomplishments of
the administration, like
criminal justice reform which will disproportionately help blacks? why would a racist sign such a bill?
Old 08-02-2019, 12:09 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Typical response its the media fault... never Trumps fault for his image
it’s the media’s choice to never talk about the economy or criminal justice reform.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:10 PM   #41
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Mr irrelevant - should I really care what you post since you add nothing in 95% (lightweight) of your posts.

The funny thing is that you said you started posting here bc you couldn't take all the Trump bashing. An emotional snowflake.
That is not for me to decide PaulS but it seems you do care.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-03-2019, 08:20 AM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
it’s the media’s choice to never talk about the economy or criminal justice reform.
Funny ive seen them all covered across all media platforms.. it just upsets you that people aren't blowing Trump because of it.. and you and all the other Trump lovers just cant except Trump is the sole person responsible for his. Negative media coverage. What the conservatives matra about personal responsibility.. maybe you should try that idea on Trump.. you and republicans cry about media biases more than dems use the race card. Media biais for republicans is their holy grail supporting their shared victimization..

Last edited by wdmso; 08-03-2019 at 08:34 AM..
Old 08-03-2019, 08:35 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Funny ive seen them all covered across all media platforms.. it just upsets you that people aren't blowing Trump because of it.. and you and all the other Trump lovers just cant except Trump is the sole person responsible for his media coverage
what % of the time
do you suppose the
media spend talking about how the trump economy is helping america, and what % of the time are they talking about russia, and his being a racist?

have fun with that.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:42 AM   #44
wdmso

Quote:
what % of the time
do you suppose the
media spend talking about how the trump economy is helping america, and what % of the time are they talking about russia, and his being a racist?

have fun with that.
Does your boss pat you on the back and shower you with praise for doing your Job ? I WOULD SUSPECT NO WHY BECAUSE ITS YOUR JOB!!!

but you expect a different standard for Trump

feel free to bend the knee to trump you've been doing it since he was elected .. unlike you I look at Trump as a whole and not willing to excuse his behaviors .. just because the economy doing well .. as most supporters clearly are willing to do .. republican party has taken on the thug life (no snitches ) They'll kiss his ass to the bitter end
Old 08-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Does your boss pat you on the back and shower you with praise for doing your Job ? I WOULD SUSPECT NO WHY BECAUSE ITS YOUR JOB!!!

but you expect a different standard for Trump

feel free to bend the knee to trump you've been doing it since he was elected .. unlike you I look at Trump as a whole and not willing to excuse his behaviors .. just because the economy doing well .. as most supporters clearly are willing to do .. republican party has taken on the thug life (no snitches ) They'll kiss his ass to the bitter end
Clueless.

first, if profits set records under my leadership, my boss would give me an atta boy

second, the media’s job is to report the news. not just to help democrats get elected. they aren’t his boss, they are supposed to be unbiased reporters of what is taking place. they are intentionally distorting the news to help one side. do you deny that?
Old 08-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #46
wdmso

Quote:
Clueless.

first, if profits set records under my leadership, my boss would give me an atta boy

second, the media’s job is to report the news. not just to help democrats get elected. they aren’t his boss, they are supposed to be unbiased reporters of what is taking place. they are intentionally distorting the news to help one side. do you deny that?
Your tin foil hat is way to tight. They do report the news grow up and accept Trumps coverage is based on him and the words that come from his mouth

recent Quinnipiac University National Poll, released on July 30, showed that 80 percent of African American voters surveyed considered Trump racist. I GUESS this is
just another intentional distortion ...
Old 08-03-2019, 12:47 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your tin foil hat is way to tight. They do report the news grow up and accept Trumps coverage is based on him and the words that come from his mouth

recent Quinnipiac University National Poll, released on July 30, showed that 80 percent of African American voters surveyed considered Trump racist. I GUESS this is
what did the quinnipiac poll say the results of the 2016 election were going to be?

yawn

when was the last time
cnn or
msnbc did a fair, accurate story on the benefits of unemployment this low, or a stick market this high? in prime time, do they ever mention these things? it’s all russia and racism.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
It's a desired RESULT of intentional media distortion.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:41 PM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

Hannity
Carlsen
Dobbs
Pirro
Bolton
Nauert
Shine
Hicks
Doocy
Ingraham
Earhardt
Kilmeade

Did someone say bias
Old 08-03-2019, 03:15 PM   #50
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Hannity
Carlsen
Dobbs
Pirro
Bolton
Nauert
Shine
Hicks
Doocy
Ingraham
Earhardt
Kilmeade

Did someone say bias
You left out billions of names. Just about all of us on the planet, including you, are biased. And, of course, so is all the media. Media intentionally slants in the direction of its bias. Those who get their perception of the world from media, will have their minds bent in the direction of media bias. Those who depend on left leaning media, will perceive Trump to be a racist.

One can, however, objectively examine the media slant, and in the case of Trump, rationally see that he is not a racist.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-03-2019 at 03:21 PM..
Old 08-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Hannity
Carlsen
Dobbs
Pirro
Bolton
Nauert
Shine
Hicks
Doocy
Ingraham
Earhardt
Kilmeade

Did someone say bias
one channel, which 1% of the country watches. wow.

and carlson hammers the gop every night
Old 08-03-2019, 05:46 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
one channel, which 1% of the country watches. wow.

and carlson hammers the gop every night
That is wrong on both counts

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-03-2019, 06:01 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
That is wrong on both counts
fix ratings, on a good
night, are around 3m. there are 325 million of us. ask someone to do the math.

watch carlson. he doesn’t like trumps antics, he thinks the gop is too influenced by lobbyists, thinks they care too
much about businesses and not enough about families.

you’re humiliating yourself.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:13 PM   #54
zimmy

Quote:
fix ratings, on a good

watch carlson. he doesn’t like trumps antics, he thinks the gop is too influenced by lobbyists, thinks they care too
much about businesses and not enough about families.

you’re humiliating yourself.
If you think that since 1 percent of the population watches on a given night means only 1 percent watches the station in total, you are humiliating yourself.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:22 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
If you think that since 1 percent of the population watches on a given night means only 1 percent watches the station in total, you are humiliating yourself.
it’s one station with an
obvious right wing bias. compared to stations that have a left wing bias, cnn, msnbc, abc, cbs, nbc, most of the print media, 99% of academia. true or false?
Old 08-03-2019, 06:37 PM   #56
zimmy

Quote:
fix ratings, on a good

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
it’s one station with an
obvious right wing bias. compared to stations that have a left wing bias, cnn, msnbc, abc, cbs, nbc, most of the print media, 99% of academia. true or false?
You’re dreaming about market share and the importance of cable news
But just think about the source you depend on
Communications scholars and other social scientists have shown that Fox News lies to its audience so often that a person who watches no TV news at all would know more about factual current events than a regular Fox viewer.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #58
detbuch

Quote:
You’re dreaming about market share and the importance of cable news
But just think about the source you depend on
Communications scholars and other social scientists have shown that Fox News lies to its audience so often that a person who watches no TV news at all would know more about factual current events than a regular Fox viewer.
"Communications scholars and other social scientists"--Wow, that's a boatload of leftist biased sources. If those are your sources, it's no wonder you're such a dithering pseudo intellectual.

How many "communications scholars and other social scientists did you find to show that Fox news lies so often? Thousands (are there that many?). . . hundreds . . . tens . . . a handful or so on google? Not that the number matters. I can't conceive of why a communications scholar (whatever that is) would be a better judge of what is a lie than an accountant, or a policeman, or a carpenter, or a priest, or any common sense person who pays attention. Nor do I believe that "communication scholars" and social scientists are unbiased.

And are there other "communications scholars" and other "other social scientists" who disagree with your guys?
Old 08-03-2019, 09:53 PM   #59
Sea Dangles

These are the same scientists that have determined that there are more than 2 sexes.

Oh wait,wrong cable news network!!!
Old 08-04-2019, 09:07 AM   #60
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
These are the same scientists that have determined that there are more than 2 sexes.

Oh wait,wrong cable news network!!!
So you're stealing stuff from Facebook and passing them off as your own? What a joke