Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-18-2019, 01:53 PM   #151
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Is that full quote less offensive? is it less dismissive of the attack?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Be honest your upset because she didn't say Muslims did it .. it as easy as that
Old 07-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #152
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
jim is intolerant of anti-American communists and that's a bad thing?
who determines who is or isn't Anti American what's the standard for you and others

to warrant the Anti American sticker
Old 07-18-2019, 02:07 PM   #153
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Be honest your upset because she didn't say Muslims did it .. it as easy as that
stop speaking for me, you really stink at it.

if she said it was a terrible day and thousands of families were devastated, i’d have been fine with that. i don’t expect that maniac to admit muslims did it. but saying “some people did something” is very trump-like in terms of how unnecessarily offensive and insulting it is. her only concern about 9/11 in that speech, was that it made life harder for
muslims, not a syllable about 3,000 innocent people burned/crushed to death.

she’s completely deranged.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:10 PM   #154
Jim in CT

Quote:
who determines who is or isn't Anti American what's the standard for you and others

to warrant the Anti American sticker
it’s like art, i can’t define it, but we knows it when we sees it.

she hates jews, disparages soldiers killed while trying to feed people in her native Somalia ( she’s always so grateful, isnt she), she said 09/11 was some people
doing something, she’s been very slow to condemn gays being stoned to death, and to condemn antifa retrying to firebomb an ice detention center, and supports the notion that federal law enforcement officers are running concentration camps.

unamerican sounds fairly accurate to me.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #155
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Meh, December 7, 1941 was just some people flying over Hawaii

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-18-2019, 03:01 PM   #156
Sea Dangles

Some feel burning a flag is anti American. Some feel others fought for their right to do so. Perspective I guess. I am sure guys like PeteF. and WDSMO want them in their corner and would celebrate their actions as patriots.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:07 AM   #157
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Some feel burning a flag is anti American. Some feel others fought for their right to do so. Perspective I guess. I am sure guys like PeteF. and WDSMO want them in their corner and would celebrate their actions as patriots.
Some this some people. That.. what about you.. chris. where you stand always seems to be absent in most of responses ..

This anti Americanism labeling from the right is beyond omar. Shes the new face of the base anger... sorry but American 1st slogan has run its predictable course and morphed into the hate filled rants of The Potus .. the mob behaviour seen at his latest rally.. and Trump and minions now. trying to put the genie back in its bottle ... good luck
Old 07-19-2019, 06:13 AM   #158
Jim in CT

Quote:
Some this some people. That.. what about you.. chris. where you stand always seems to be absent in most of responses ..

This anti Americanism labeling from the right is beyond omar. Shes the new face of the base anger... sorry but American 1st slogan has run its predictable course and morphed into the hate filled rants of The Potus .. the mob behaviour seen at his latest rally.. and Trump and minions now. trying to put the genie back in its bottle ... good luck
you’re saying the president shouldn’t proudly put america first?
Old 07-19-2019, 06:24 AM   #159
scottw

I heard that in response to "Make America Great Again" the democrats are unveiling their theme for 2020

"'No Borders, No Walls, No USA at All'
Old 07-19-2019, 06:25 AM   #160
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso;117052.

Shes the new face of the base anger...

[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
I thought that was AOC?

have we declared "squad" a dirty word yet?
Old 07-19-2019, 06:28 AM   #161
wdmso

Quote:
stop speaking for me, you really stink at it.

if she said it was a terrible day and thousands of families were devastated, i’d have been fine with that. i don’t expect that maniac to admit muslims did it. but saying “some people did something” is very trump-like in terms of how unnecessarily offensive and insulting it is. her only concern about 9/11 in that speech, was that it made life harder for
muslims, not a syllable about 3,000 innocent people burned/crushed to death.

she’s completely deranged.
Talk about speaking for someone youve got that down with omar looking for a response that had nothing to do with the question... yet you can see some people did that as proof of her hating America
So with your logic george takei when he writes about his feeling and his family's feeling with being in an internment camp.. he 1st should say how horrible pearl harbor was an the hardships for those lives lost as.. the cause of his situation.? Any thing less in un American?

But Trump saying go back to where you came from.. and it means nothing ???? JIM Do you get your info on her from Trump. Look at this gem

TRUMP
“Well, there is a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother. I know nothing about it.”
— in remarks to reporters on Wednesday

Last edited by wdmso; 07-19-2019 at 06:47 AM..
Old 07-19-2019, 06:39 AM   #162
Sea Dangles

I am in the camp where I believe you have the right to burn the flag and I have the right to discourage such.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:43 AM   #163
scottw

I believe burning the American flag is anti-American

I believe that you have the right to burn the flag

I believe that I have the right to say that you are anti-American for burning the flag

I believe that you have the right to criticize me for criticizing you for burning the American flag....

see how that works?
Old 07-19-2019, 06:54 AM   #164
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I believe burning the American flag is anti-American

I believe that you have the right to burn the flag

I believe that I have the right to say that you are anti-American for burning the flag

I believe that you have the right to criticize me for criticizing you for burning the American flag....

see how that works?
I agree 100% not to speak for you. But i am going to guess we are not just taking about flag burning ..
Old 07-19-2019, 07:52 AM   #165
scottw

Quote:
I agree 100% not to speak for you. But i am going to guess we are not just taking about flag burning ..
maybe expand...I'm not clear on what you are saying
Old 07-19-2019, 08:14 AM   #166
Jim in CT

Quote:
Talk about speaking for someone youve got that down with omar looking for a response that had nothing to do with the question... yet you can see some people did that as proof of her hating America
So with your logic george takei when he writes about his feeling and his family's feeling with being in an internment camp.. he 1st should say how horrible pearl harbor was an the hardships for those lives lost as.. the cause of his situation.? Any thing less in un American?

But Trump saying go back to where you came from.. and it means nothing ???? JIM Do you get your info on her from Trump. Look at this gem

TRUMP
“Well, there is a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother. I know nothing about it.”
— in remarks to reporters on Wednesday

I'm going to annihilate you here, so get ready, OK?

"Talk about speaking for someone youve got that down with omar looking "

I am not speaking for her. I am responding to an exact quote of what she said. She said 9/11 was "some people did something". And the only victims she showed any concern for in that speech, were fellow Muslims who surely had it rough in the days after 9/11, but not nearly as rough as thousands of American families who had loved ones get burned to death. If you are OK with her description of 09/11, that's your right, but I'm sure most Americans find it deeply offensive, as you certainly would if any Republican said it.

Because that's the rub. You and Pete and Spence can't say anything critical of a democrat. every post you make here can be boiled down to liberal=good, conservative=bad. No exceptions. You are all exactly as thoughtless as Sean Hannity, you're exactly the same. Liberal=good, conservative=bad.

"proof of her hating America"

My proof that she hates America has been laid out already, based on exact statements that she does not deny making. God knows what she says when she knows there are no cameras on her.

"So with your logic george takei when he writes about his feeling and his family's feeling with being in an internment camp.. he 1st should say how horrible pearl harbor was an the hardships for those lives lost "

If we put Muslims in internment camps after 9/11, you would have a brilliant point. But unless I missed it, we didn't, so you have NO POINT. On the eve of 9/11, on that very day, President Bush said that the religion of Islam was not responsible, and that most Muslims were good people. Is that the same as putting them in internment camp?

How did you come up with internment camps anyway? Did someone tell you that we put Muslims in interment camps after 9/11? Or will you fabricate ANYTHING, in order to avoid having to criticize a liberal?

"But Trump saying go back to where you came from.. and it means nothing ???? "

I really think there's something wrong with you. I said many times in these threads, that "go back where you came from" is over the top, offensive, stupid, and divisive. Is that not clear enough for you? Are you still going to claim that I'm a Trump apologist? Or can you be honest for ONCE?

"Do you get your info on her from Trump. "

You tell me which of these things is a made up Republican lie about her, OK?

She says that people who like Israel have questionable loyalty to the US, that theres challenge to that dual loyalty.

She said that Jews do thing for the benjamins, baby.

She said that 9/11 happened because America meddles in the affairs of other countries. There may be some truth to that as they didn't pick us at random, but it's an offensive thing to say out loud.

She says that US Servicemen in Somalis (who were there to help HER HOME COUNTRY for f*uck's sake), killed thousands of civilians.

She supports the notion that the US is operating concentration camps at the border.

She refused to condemn the Antifa domestic terrorist attack on an ICE detention facility.

These are the reasons I despise her. Now you go ahead and tell us, if any of these are fabricated, if I'm just blindly following Trump.

Go ahead, show us all what a moron I am, tell us which of those things I made up.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:15 AM   #167
Jim in CT

Is there anything to the rumors about her brother? I saw on CNN last night that she filed taxes two years jointly with her current husband, while she was still legally married to her former husband. Is CNN Trump-run TV now?

If she married her brother for an immigration scam, I'd like to know. If she didn't, no one should say she did. Fair enough?
Old 07-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #168
PaulS

Quote:
Is there anything to the rumors about her brother? I saw on CNN last night that she filed taxes two years jointly with her current husband, while she was still legally married to her former husband. Is CNN Trump-run TV now?

If she married her brother for an immigration scam, I'd like to know. If she didn't, no one should say she did. Fair enough?
Rumors about her brother? I saw that on CNN and they said those rumors had no basis at all and where an ugly slander. Did you turn the channel bf that part of the story?
Old 07-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #169
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Rumors about her brother? I saw that on CNN and they said those rumors had no basis at all and where an ugly slander. Did you turn the channel bf that part of the story?
Spoiler...Paul watches CNN

Shocker...if they said then it certainly must be true.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-19-2019, 09:27 AM   #170
wdmso

Quote:
I'm going to annihilate you here, so get ready, OK?

"Talk about speaking for someone youve got that down with omar looking "

I am not speaking for her. I am responding to an exact quote of what she said. She said 9/11 was "some people did something". And the only victims she showed any concern for in that speech, were fellow Muslims who surely had it rough in the days after 9/11, but not nearly as rough as thousands of American families who had loved ones get burned to death. If you are OK with her description of 09/11, that's your right, but I'm sure most Americans find it deeply offensive, as you certainly would if any Republican said it.

Because that's the rub. You and Pete and Spence can't say anything critical of a democrat. every post you make here can be boiled down to liberal=good, conservative=bad. No exceptions. You are all exactly as thoughtless as Sean Hannity, you're exactly the same. Liberal=good, conservative=bad.

"proof of her hating America"

My proof that she hates America has been laid out already, based on exact statements that she does not deny making. God knows what she says when she knows there are no cameras on her.

"So with your logic george takei when he writes about his feeling and his family's feeling with being in an internment camp.. he 1st should say how horrible pearl harbor was an the hardships for those lives lost "

If we put Muslims in internment camps after 9/11, you would have a brilliant point. But unless I missed it, we didn't, so you have NO POINT. On the eve of 9/11, on that very day, President Bush said that the religion of Islam was not responsible, and that most Muslims were good people. Is that the same as putting them in internment camp?

clearly you dont understand my point you expect omar to express some deeper feeling about 9\11 when she was speaking how it impacted her and her community... same with Takei does he need t preface pearl harbor attack in his book to move you to accept his criticism

How did you come up with internment camps anyway? Did someone tell you that we put Muslims in interment camps after 9/11? Or will you fabricate ANYTHING, in order to avoid having to criticize a liberal?

"But Trump saying go back to where you came from.. and it means nothing ???? "

I really think there's something wrong with you. I said many times in these threads, that "go back where you came from" is over the top, offensive, stupid, and divisive. Is that not clear enough for you? Are you still going to claim that I'm a Trump apologist? Or can you be honest for ONCE?

But saying its a racist is to far for you i get it

"Do you get your info on her from Trump. "

You tell me which of these things is a made up Republican lie about her, OK?

She says that people who like Israel have questionable loyalty to the US, that there's challenge to that dual loyalty. ( not a new sentiment)

She said that Jews do thing for the benjamins, baby. ( for buying off congress )

She said that 9/11 happened because America meddles in the affairs of other countries. There may be some truth to that as they didn't pick us at random, but it's an offensive thing to say out loud. (why because there might be some truth in it?)

She says that US Servicemen in Somalis (who were there to help HER HOME COUNTRY for f*uck's sake), killed thousands of civilians. (another true statement same in Iraq Robert Oakley, the ambassador to Somalia under President George Bush, said in a 1998 interview that he believed between 1,500 to 2,000 Somalis were killed and wounded.
not all were combatants

She supports the notion that the US is operating concentration camps at the border. i would say concentration camps is an unacceptable comparison used for shock value or as trump supports would say hyperbole not anti semitic yet fox compares border detention centers for children to “summer camps” clearly the conditions are not acceptable

She refused to condemn the Antifa domestic terrorist attack on an ICE detention facility. another leap Jim she didn't answer a question you mean the 69 year old friends described him as an "anarchist" and "anti-fascist," funny found no connection with him being Antifa

These are the reasons I despise her. Now you go ahead and tell us, if any of these are fabricated, if I'm just blindly following Trump.

Go ahead, show us all what a moron I am, tell us which of those things I made up.
Jim Basically you made up all of your own interpretations . presenting them as Truth .. Trump does the same thing

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/18/u...act-check.html

I know its the falling NY times but its interesting
Old 07-19-2019, 09:28 AM   #171
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Spoiler...Paul watches CNN

Shocker...if they said then it certainly must be true.
Shocker SD has nothing to add. Did your secret "friend" tell you to post that?
Old 07-19-2019, 09:53 AM   #172
Jim in CT

Quote:
maybe. they didn’t say anything about her brother. they said she filed taxes under status married filing jointly, and that they name she filed with us her current husband, but that at the time she filed as his wife, she was legally married to her former husband. had nothing to do with her brother.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:56 AM   #173
Jim in CT

Quote:
Paul forget about rumors regarding her brother. are you ok with the things she has said
about jews, about 9/11, about american soldiers, about border patrol running concentration camps? is she all that much better than Trump in terms of how divisive and offensive she is?
Old 07-19-2019, 10:07 AM   #174
PaulS

Quote:
maybe. they didn’t say anything about her brother. they said she filed taxes under status married filing jointly, and that they name she filed with us her current husband, but that at the time she filed as his wife, she was legally married to her former husband. had nothing to do with her brother.
But you brought up those ugly, scummy lies and now your saying that CNN didn't say anything about her brother after you implied they did? Why would you mention her brother and then talk about CNN? Which is it - they did or they didn't?
Old 07-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #175
Jim in CT

Quote:
But you brought up those ugly, scummy lies and now your saying that CNN didn't say anything about her brother after you implied they did? Why would you mention her brother and then talk about CNN? Which is it - they did or they didn't?
Read my post. What I said I saw on CNN, was a report that indicates that according to taxes, she was married to one man while still legally married to another. I heard nothing on CNN about her brother, that's a rumor I'm hearing elsewhere. OK? I heard about her brother elsewhere, what I heard on CNN was a suggestion that she was married to two people at the same time.

"But you brought up those ugly, scummy lies"

Yawn. What ugly scummy lies did I bring up, exactly? I never said the rumors about her brother were anything but rumors. Everything else I attributed to her, are things that she said and did. If any are fabricated, please let me know which. If you can't disprove them, can you tell me if you're OK with a sitting congresswoman saying and doing those things?

Seems like you're avoiding answering my question, you're responding like others do, not like you do. In any event, please specify which ugly scummy lies I am starting or perpetrating?

Regarding her brother, WDMSO was the one who brought it up, NOT me. I asked if there was anything to it, and I said if it's not true, no one should be saying it is true. You have an issue with that?
Old 07-19-2019, 10:21 AM   #176
PaulS

You asked about her brother - bc you know there were scummy right wing lies about her being married to her.

Scummy

You did it now live with it.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:21 AM   #177
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim Basically you made up all of your own interpretations . presenting them as Truth .. Trump does the same thing

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/18/u...act-check.html

I know its the falling NY times but its interesting
The ONLY evidence you have that his comment was racist, is that the people he was criticizing, are not white. A white man saying offensive to a black person, doesn't tell me that there's necessarily racism, especially if that white man has a well documented history of being equally offensive to white people who criticize him. if he's a jerk to everybody, then their skin color played no role, necessarily meaning it's not racism.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:23 AM   #178
Jim in CT

Quote:
You asked about her brother - bc you know there were scummy right wing lies about her being married to her.

Scummy

You did it now live with it.
Here's what I said...see my post...

"Is there anything to the rumors about her brother? I saw on CNN last night that she filed taxes two years jointly with her current husband, while she was still legally married to her former husband. Is CNN Trump-run TV now?

If she married her brother for an immigration scam, I'd like to know. If she didn't, no one should say she did."

What in there, exactly, is scummy? I thought you were the one liberal here better than that...
Old 07-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #179
wdmso

Quote:

JIM is correct I posted that Trump brought up the brother rumor.. to expose Trumps willingness to repeat false information.. that many of his supporters not to include jim who repeat is as facts

Regarding her brother, WDMSO was the one who brought it up, NOT me. I asked if there was anything to it, and I said if it's not true, no one should be saying it is true. You have an issue with that?
Old 07-19-2019, 10:38 AM   #180
spence

Quote:
A white man saying offensive to a black person, doesn't tell me that there's necessarily racism, especially if that white man has a well documented history of being equally offensive to white people who criticize him. if he's a jerk to everybody, then their skin color played no role, necessarily meaning it's not racism.
Do you need some mustard with that pretzel?