Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-08-2022, 08:54 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The 88% of people who think we are off track are probably the 88% of people in blue states who thanks to the electoral college and gerrymandering are voting independent and democrat. If we were to remove that bull#^&#^&#^&#^&, our elections would be wildly different.
yeah i’m sure that’s what their beef is. Lord knows there’s nothing else to disagree with. You see any polling to suggest that’s what people are stressed about right now?

the presidential elections would be different for sure.

If enough people want to change it, fortunately for them there’s a mechanism to change the constitution.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-08-2022, 09:16 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Pete, Charlie Crist is my very, very favorite kind of politician (sarcasm).

He was a republican governor of FL.

He ran for the US Senate as a republican, was defeated in the primary by Marco Rubio. Team player that Crist is, he then ran for Senate as an independent, Rubio still miraculously won.

So Crist changed parties, ran for governor again as a democrat, was defeated by Rick Scott.

So he found a blue house district, ran there for House Of Reps, and finally won something.

Crist is an absolute, shape-shifting, unprincipled reptile. His only principle is his conviction that he must have control over the people of FL.

Doesn't mean he can't win, but he's a lizard.
Old 07-08-2022, 09:36 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete, Charlie Crist is my very, very favorite kind of politician (sarcasm).

He was a republican governor of FL.

He ran for the US Senate as a republican, was defeated in the primary by Marco Rubio. Team player that Crist is, he then ran for Senate as an independent, Rubio still miraculously won.

So Crist changed parties, ran for governor again as a democrat, was defeated by Rick Scott.

So he found a blue house district, ran there for House Of Reps, and finally won something.

Crist is an absolute, shape-shifting, unprincipled reptile. His only principle is his conviction that he must have control over the people of FL.

Doesn't mean he can't win, but he's a lizard.
Lots of thinking people have become Democrats as the Republican Party has shifted far right
If you’re looking for shapeshifters you need to look no farther than the leading members of the Trumplican Party, including Liddle Marco.
They will do anything for power.

https://youtu.be/6FXuXqzUO9E

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-08-2022, 09:45 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Lots of thinking people have become Democrats as the Republican Party has shifted far right
If you’re looking for shapeshifters you need to look no farther than the leading members of the Trumplican Party, including Liddle Marco.
They will do anything for power.

https://youtu.be/6FXuXqzUO9E
many more people have become republican!

it must be exhausting to have to deny everything that doesn’t serve your agenda.

https://amp.wbur.org/news/2022/06/27...olitical-shift
Old 07-08-2022, 10:06 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Maybe the Dems should do voter registration at gas stations as prices come down, they have lots of stickers on pumps saying Biden did this…..

People won’t forget what the radical SCOTUS has done, and what the Trumplican Party did to try and remain in power.

Isn’t Patsy Baloney testifying today?
Old 07-08-2022, 10:35 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

President Biden responded to the great jobs report: "We have more Americans working in the private sector today than any day during Donald Trump’s Presidency – more people than any time in our history."

Haha. Jim and his sometimes hero Donald Trump are not going to like this.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:51 AM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Will Jim cheer?

Far more new jobs created than expected. Unemployment is 3.6%-down from 6.7% in Trump's last month. Black unemployment now 5.8%--down from 10% in Trump's last month. Hispanic unemployment now 4.3% down from 9.3%.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:22 AM   #38
scottw

Quote:
Will Jim cheer?

Far more new jobs created than expected. Unemployment is 3.6%-down from 6.7% in Trump's last month. Black unemployment now 5.8%--down from 10% in Trump's last month. Hispanic unemployment now 4.3% down from 9.3%.

weren't we still in a pandemic and partially shut down trump's last month in office?
Old 07-08-2022, 11:40 AM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
President Biden responded to the great jobs report: "We have more Americans working in the private sector today than any day during Donald Trump’s Presidency – more people than any time in our history."

Haha. Jim and his sometimes hero Donald Trump are not going to like this.
Currently as good as Tweety’s best month and more working outside the government, less in than ever, so much for the Dems being the party of big government, never mind who wants freedom

-Except women making their own reproductive decisions.
-Except for teaching certain parts of American history in school.
-Except for kids being allowed certain books in school.
-Except for people who want to feel safe.
-Except for civil rights for all.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-08-2022, 11:51 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Will Jim cheer?

Yes I will cheer. But most of it is because of the economy opening up after covid.

Unemployment was 3.5% - better than 3.6% - in January and February of 2020, until we shut the economy down.

I have said that whoever won the election in 2020 was going to be dealing with gas price hikes and inflation no matter what they did. It' snot all Bidens fault.

By the same token, whoever was elected in 2020 was going to see unemployment drop like a stone as the economy opened back up.

To the extent that gas price increases are caused by covid waning, that's not Bidens fault. To the extent that unemployment decrease is caused by covid waning, that's similarly Biden's doing.

You want it both ways. You want credit for everything that gets better, and zero blame for everything that gets worse. Biden didn't create these jobs, as much as they were recovered from shutting down the country. Him saying that he created these jobs, is the rooster taking credit for the sunrise. He was just there when it happened, he didn't cause it to happen.

Trump got black unemployment down to 5.4% - better than 5.8%.

Pete, you're comparing Bidens post-covid unemployment to what unemployment was when Trump was still dealing with covid.

NO ONE buys that. Nobody. Give it a rest.

Not only were more of us working under Trump, our paychecks were worth $400 more a month for an average family, thanks to inflation.

Oh, you so so deserve what's coming.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:55 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Yes I will cheer. But most of it is because of the economy opening up after covid.

Unemployment was 3.5% - better than 3.6% - in January and February of 2020, until we shut the economy down.

I have said that whoever won the election in 2020 was going to be dealing with gas price hikes and inflation no matter what they did. It' snot all Bidens fault.

By the same token, whoever was elected in 2020 was going to see unemployment drop like a stone as the economy opened back up.

To the extent that gas price increases are caused by covid waning, that's not Bidens fault. To the extent that unemployment decrease is caused by covid waning, that's similarly Biden's doing.

You want it both ways. You want credit for everything that gets better, and zero blame for everything that gets worse. Biden didn't create these jobs, as much as they were recovered from shutting down the country. Him saying that he created these jobs, is the rooster taking credit for the sunrise. He was just there when it happened, he didn't cause it to happen.
TFG did the same when he took over after Obama had worked us out of another Republican Recession.

Currently as good as Tweety’s best month and more working outside the government, less in than ever, so much for the Dems being the party of big government, never mind who wants freedom

-Except women making their own reproductive decisions.
-Except for teaching certain parts of American history in school.
-Except for kids being allowed certain books in school.
-Except for people who want to feel safe.
-Except for civil rights for all.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-08-2022, 11:55 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
weren't we still in a pandemic and partially shut down trump's last month in office?
Yes, but shut up Scott, because comparing Bidens post-covid unemployment to Trumps unemployment during covid, is what serves The Narrative.

And that's what matters.

Pete, which President oversaw more covid deaths?
Old 07-08-2022, 12:07 PM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Look at deaths in Republican and Democratic states over time, the info tells a sad story.
Pretty hard to cut deaths when you have fools like DeathSantis saying don’t worry you don’t need masks or vaccines.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:26 PM   #44
PaulS

Quote:
Look at deaths in Republican and Democratic states over time, the info tells a sad story.
Pretty hard to cut deaths when you have fools like DeathSantis saying don’t worry you don’t need masks or vaccines.
Not surprising bc D states spend more on healthcare than R states but what is surprising (but I guess shouldn't be) is that R counties have higher covid death rates than D counties within each state.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:36 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Not surprising bc D states spend more on healthcare than R states but what is surprising (but I guess shouldn't be) is that R counties have higher covid death rates than D counties within each state.
And D's are richer than R's, that may have something to do with it?

You guys really think EVERYTHING is a function of how much money the government spends. The choices that people make, have nothing to do with it.

Do rich liberals in FL, have a shorter life expectancy than rich liberals living in CT, because CT spends more money? Do you really think that?

When a blue state has a good statistic, it's because of the state. WHen a blue state has an ugly statistic, you keep taking different snapshots of different levels, until you find the result that tells the story.

And without fail, 100% of the time, the story is liberal=good, conservative=bad.

Paul, why do so many New Yorkers winter in FL, instead of doing it in southern CA? Is it possibly because they know they aren’t negatively impacted by the fact that the state of FL spends less money?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-08-2022 at 12:54 PM..
Old 07-08-2022, 02:22 PM   #46
PaulS

I would bet that the average life expectancy of a rich liberal in CT is prob. the same as one in FL and that the average life expectancy of a rich conserv. in CT is prob. the same as one in FL. However, I would bet that the average life expectancy of a poor liberal in CT is prob. higher than one in FL and that the average life expectancy of a poor conserv. in CT is prob. higher than one in FL
Old 07-08-2022, 02:38 PM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And D's are richer than R's, that may have something to do with it?

You guys really think EVERYTHING is a function of how much money the government spends. The choices that people make, have nothing to do with it.

Do rich liberals in FL, have a shorter life expectancy than rich liberals living in CT, because CT spends more money? Do you really think that?

When a blue state has a good statistic, it's because of the state. WHen a blue state has an ugly statistic, you keep taking different snapshots of different levels, until you find the result that tells the story.

And without fail, 100% of the time, the story is liberal=good, conservative=bad.

Paul, why do so many New Yorkers winter in FL, instead of doing it in southern CA? Is it possibly because they know they aren’t negatively impacted by the fact that the state of FL spends less money?
Look at life expectancy by state and you can easily pick out the reddest states

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...erritory_2.png

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-08-2022, 02:45 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

This is a friendly reminder that Ohio House Republicans are advancing a bill to teach BOTH SIDES OF THE HOLOCAUST.
Old 07-08-2022, 02:47 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
This is a friendly reminder that Ohio House Republicans are advancing a bill to teach BOTH SIDES OF THE HOLOCAUST.
Now the GOP are anti-semitic, and the democrats are the side of the Jews.

That tin foil hat of yours is squeezing tighter and tighter every time you exhale, like a python.
Old 07-08-2022, 02:49 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
I would bet that the average life expectancy of a rich liberal in CT is prob. the same as one in FL and that the average life expectancy of a rich conserv. in CT is prob. the same as one in FL. However, I would bet that the average life expectancy of a poor liberal in CT is prob. higher than one in FL and that the average life expectancy of a poor conserv. in CT is prob. higher than one in FL
Why aren't the poor people all flocking from FL to CT? There's gotta be a reason. If liberal states hold the fountain of youth, why are people fleeing?
Old 07-08-2022, 02:53 PM   #51
PaulS

Quote:
Why aren't the poor people all flocking from FL to CT? There's gotta be a reason. If liberal states hold the fountain of youth, why are people fleeing?
Bigots like being together???
Old 07-08-2022, 02:58 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Now the GOP are anti-semitic, and the democrats are the side of the Jews.

That tin foil hat of yours is squeezing tighter and tighter every time you exhale, like a python.
I didn’t write the bill or vote to advance it, that was a vote to get it out of committee at a minimum.
It took more than one Ohio Republican
Don’t worry, sooner or later they’ll come for the people who approve of gay marriage.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-08-2022, 04:10 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Bigots like being together???
so everyone who moves from new england to FL, is likely a bigot? Or just the poor people
who are in FL?

Your jerks never, ever get tired of playing that card, do you? which side want to abort blacks out of existence, and which side wants more black babies being born? remind me?

It wasn’t that long ago that the GOP was the party of the wealthy, and all the liberals criticized the GOP for
only caring about the 1%. then overnight the multimillionaires all became democrats, and by a stunning coincidence,,now its a GOOD thing to be the party of the swells, and the poor unwashed are held in contempt

People in flyover country are well aware of your disdain for them. They get to voice their opinion on that score in november. You might wish you didn’t dump on them
the way you do, but probably not, as liberals are incapable of learning from empirical results.

how about the “retards” you hate? they’re probably all in red states too, since they’re also aborted out of existence by the loving, tolerant, evolved, superior left.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:12 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
I didn’t write the bill or vote to advance it, that was a vote to get it out of committee at a minimum.
It took more than one Ohio Republican
Don’t worry, sooner or later they’ll come for the people who approve of gay marriage.
so teaching about the existence of nazis is bad.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:38 PM   #55
PaulS

Quote:

Your jerks never, ever get tired of playing that card, do you? which side want to abort blacks out of existence, and which side wants more black babies being born? remind me?

how about the “retards” you hate? they’re probably all in red states too, since they’re also aborted out of existence by the loving, tolerant, evolved, superior left.
Yes I used the word retard once well over 2 years ago to make fun of the people who supported Trump and had no problem with him mocking a handicapped person and tried to talk it away by saying he had done it to a non handicapped people so it's okay. I had no idea you had a special need child but I should have guessed because you said at one point that you supported more funding for Special Olympics when I pointed out that Trump had tried lowering funding. I should have realized you're a typical Republican who the only time has compassion for anyone less fortunate than themselves is when it effects them whether it's Special Olympics , homosexuality or abortion, Etc.

So you use the word imbecile here. If someone called your son an imbecile I guess you would have no problem with it.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:07 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes I used the word retard once well over 2 years ago to make fun of the people who supported Trump and had no problem with him mocking a handicapped person and tried to talk it away by saying he had done it to a non handicapped people so it's okay. I had no idea you had a special need child but I should have guessed because you said at one point that you supported more funding for Special Olympics when I pointed out that Trump had tried lowering funding. I should have realized you're a typical Republican who the only time has compassion for anyone less fortunate than themselves is when it effects them whether it's Special Olympics , homosexuality or abortion, Etc.

So you use the word imbecile here. If someone called your son an imbecile I guess you would have no problem with it.
it’s not just that trump
said he’d done it to non handicapped people. It’s in video. That video has been posted here when this topic comes up. He has irrefutably used that gesture many times in the past to mock non handicapped people
who have disagreed with him.

Why are you claiming it’s just trump saying he did that?

Imbecile isn’t a term associated with people with Downs.

Don’t take my word for it. Go to a special olympics event, tell
all the dads that you use the word “retard” to describe Trump
supporters. Report back the response you get. You’re acting like it’s just me who hates that word.

You’re in a very very small slice of the population who think that word is ok. You still just can’t admit it was mistake to use that word. like you can’t admit that your side is doing a poor job running the country. Everything is someone else’s fault.

Everyone else is wrong, and you’re right. Must be nice to be that much smarter than everyone else.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:18 PM   #57
PaulS

Quote:
it’s not just that trump
said he’d done it to non handicapped people. It’s in video. That video has been posted here when this topic comes up. He has irrefutably used that gesture many times in the past to mock non handicapped people
who have disagreed with him.

Why are you claiming it’s just trump saying he did that? Yes Trump did it to non handicapped people but he did it to insult them like they were mentally handicapped.

Imbecile isn’t a term associated with people with Downs.

Don’t take my word for it. Go to a special olympics event, tell
all the dads that you use the word “retard” to describe Trump
supporters. Report back the response you get. You’re acting like it’s just me who hates that word. Really bc if you use the work imbicile at a oly. event it's not going to go over very well.

You’re in a very very small slice of the population who think that word is ok. I never said that so don't lie. You still just can’t admit it was mistake to use that word. like you can’t admit that your side is doing a poor job running the country. Everything is someone else’s fault. I've always said Biden won't get re-elected if inflation isn't low. It is what people vote on whether it is his fault or not.

Everyone is wrong, and you’re right. Must be nice to be that much smarter than everyone else.
I guess I am or I don't post it threads where I don't think I'm right.
Old 07-08-2022, 06:17 PM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
of course trump did it to insult them, and it was awful, vindictive, immature. i agree with you . but it’s very very likely he had no idea that this reporter was handicapped, very possible he was just using his go to gesture.

isn’t there enough irrefutable stuff to criticize Trump for? Do we need to fabricate more?
Old 07-08-2022, 06:19 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
you’ve never said it was awful if you to use that word. we’ve discussed it ten times, and you always justify it. You’ve had plenty of chances to take it back, and give insist the character flaw is mine for thinking you did anything that’s worthy of criticism. Obviously, you think what you did was ok. you’re in a very very small minority who’d think that. You, Trump, and Archie Bunker.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:40 PM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so teaching about the existence of nazis is bad.
Elucidate further on the other side of the Holocaust, I suppose there were good people on both sides and Hitler built the Autobahn.
Then you can tell the other great things that result from other cases of genocide.

Lets Go Darwin