Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-28-2022, 01:57 PM   #91
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
sure we can try to change/improve public schools, but teachers unions make that practically impossible. Liberals tend to think that “improve” means, spend more money. Catholic schools are concrete proof that student performance isn’t correlated with spending, especially when all the spending goes to teacher benefits that have nothing to do with student performanceYou don't think the type of people who send their students to Catholic schools are different than the general public? Aren't they more involved in their children's schooling than many who don't send their kids to Catholic schools?

Paul, i’m pretty sure i’ve heard liberals describe themselves as pro choice. why not offer the choice? if you’re pro choice, you should
support school choice. Not even close. Don't conserv. say they believe in personal freedom (until they don't believe that)?

how the heck do you go from school
choice to segregated schools? poor black people
desperately want school choice. why would they ask for crappy segregated schools? are you saying that the darkies LOLare too stupid to know what’s best for their kids? But isn't that what you constantly say about inner city blacks? That they are "too stupid" to understand that the Dems. try to hook them on aid so they will vote for the Dems. ?
Isn't that a racist belief?

good lord your are a smug elitist when you want to be.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Go fu ck yourself. You can't help but insult people.

Typical cons. What is good for me while ignoring everyone else.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:14 PM   #92
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

typical smug elitist...we'll send you some moonshine and overalls to show appreciation, you don't want to be wearing skinny jeans and drinking a latte if you visit a red state, you saw Deliverance...right?
Old 07-28-2022, 02:16 PM   #93
PaulS

I was wondering when you would come back w/a snarky comment. Such a bad look on a grown man.

I've visited lot of red states. Been to brentwood TN 3 - 4 times (one of Jim's favorites I believe). TN Titan games were fun. Had a great time each time.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:37 PM   #94
Jim in CT

Quote:

was it me (!who can’t help insulting people), or was it you ( who would never do such a thing) who said people are moving to red states because they can’t compete in blue states?

Get over yourself.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:41 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
typical smug elitist...we'll send you some moonshine and overalls to show appreciation, you don't want to be wearing skinny jeans and drinking a latte if you visit a red state, you saw Deliverance...right?
my brother owned his own company in Litchfield CT. 15 years ago, i helped him figure out what he’d save by moving the family and the business to TN. It was over $3,000 a month in his pocket, so he moved to a spectacular Nashville suburb called Franklin. Beautiful small town to raise a family. I’m not saying I’d want to raise my kids in downtown Memphis ( nor would I want to do it in Hartford) but Franklin TN is as nice as any upper middle class suburb in CT. at nowhere near the cost. same with Hollis NH, Fort Mill SC, many other places.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:51 PM   #96
PaulS

Quote:
was it me (!who can’t help insulting people), or was it you ( who would never do such a thing) who said people are moving to red states because they can’t compete in blue states?

Get over yourself.
That's not a personal insult you dumb f***
Old 07-28-2022, 02:51 PM   #97
Pete F.
Canceled

Left to their own devices Red states will decimate public education
To start
Welcome to DeSantisstan where former servicemembdrs and their spouses can teach on a certificate: “She was a waitress. She starts teaching 3rd grade next week & the only thing she had to do to get this teaching certification was to observe certified teachers…she had to ask me what I meant by phonetic spelling.

Texas short 3000 teachers
Remember when y’all told all the teachers they should quit if they didn’t like the crappy pay and public hate? They took your advice..

the GOP's goal is to destroy public education and replace it with gated private schools for the elite, religious indoctrination for the middle class and child labor for the children of the poor. Loading the public schools with incompetent teachers advances that goal.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:54 PM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's not a personal insult you dumb f***
oh, of course not. maybe it wasn’t aimed at me directly paul, but it was smug and elitist. sorry if saying so, triggered you.

Lucky for you that you live in CT, lots of safe spaces where you can curl up with your blanky and suck you’re thumb and watch The View until you feel better.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:59 PM   #99
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Left to their own devices Red states will decimate public education
To start
Welcome to DeSantisstan where former servicemembdrs and their spouses can teach on a certificate: “She was a waitress. She starts teaching 3rd grade next week & the only thing she had to do to get this teaching certification was to observe certified teachers…she had to ask me what I meant by phonetic spelling.

Texas short 3000 teachers
Remember when y’all told all the teachers they should quit if they didn’t like the crappy pay and public hate? They took your advice..

the GOP's goal is to destroy public education and replace it with gated private schools for the elite, religious indoctrination for the middle class and child labor for the children of the poor. Loading the public schools with incompetent teachers advances that goal.
i posted that the public high schools in Hollis NH and Franklin TN were ranked much higher than the public school in the nice CT suburb where i live.

No one who lives in those places, , is worried that the state is going to ruin the public schools.

let me get this straight. The GOP, the ones who support school
choice for poor kids, secretly want to take poor kids out of school
entirely and make them
slaves?

you’re saying the gop caters to the wealthy, yet you also say the GOP is the hime to the trashy poor. which is it?

you should publish a newsletter. I bet David Hinkley would subscribe.
Old 07-28-2022, 03:03 PM   #100
PaulS

Quote:
oh, of course not. maybe it wasn’t aimed at me directly paul, but it was smug and elitist. sorry if saying so, triggered you.

Lucky for you that you live in CT, lots of safe spaces where you can curl up with your blanky and suck you’re thumb and watch The View until you feel better.
I'm not triggered I just don't take your constant rudeness and classlessness.

See you can't help yourself.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:51 PM   #101
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Save the fetus, but Fu*k our veterans who had to burn our war debris, republicans really are pathetic.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:56 PM   #102
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Save the fetus, but Fu*k our veterans who had to burn our war debris, republicans really are pathetic.
Don’t for get The Dear leader

claiming 'nobody’s gotten to the bottom of 9/11'
Old 07-28-2022, 06:25 PM   #103
Jim in CT

Quote:
democrats care more about vets?

sure. tell me more please.
Old 07-28-2022, 06:31 PM   #104
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
democrats care more about vets?

sure. tell me more please.
No I’d rather see you explain why Moscow Mitch has killed this bill, let’s focus on this bill and not whataboutism Jim.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:37 PM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i posted that the public high schools in Hollis NH and Franklin TN were ranked much higher than the public school in the nice CT suburb where i live.

No one who lives in those places, , is worried that the state is going to ruin the public schools.

let me get this straight. The GOP, the ones who support school
choice for poor kids, secretly want to take poor kids out of school
entirely and make them
slaves?

you’re saying the gop caters to the wealthy, yet you also say the GOP is the hime to the trashy poor. which is it?

you should publish a newsletter. I bet David Hinkley would subscribe.
Silly girl, I didn’t say that and you know that.

Floriduh is certifying incompetent people to teach
Texas is short thousands of competent teachers

I wouldn’t be upset if David Hinkley subscribed, I’m sure John Hinkley is enthralled with his subscription to your feed.

Last edited by Pete F.; 07-28-2022 at 08:46 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2022, 05:16 AM   #106
scottw

Quote:

the GOP's goal is to destroy public education and replace it with gated private schools for the elite, religious indoctrination for the middle class and child labor for the children of the poor.

they probably won't even allow drag queens in to dance for first graders....
Old 07-29-2022, 05:37 AM   #107
Jim in CT

Quote:
No I’d rather see you explain why Moscow Mitch has killed this bill, let’s focus on this bill and not whataboutism Jim.
i don’t know what bill you’re talking about. sorry.
Old 07-29-2022, 05:39 AM   #108
Jim in CT

Quote:
Silly girl, I didn’t say that and you know that.

Floriduh is certifying incompetent people to teach
Texas is short thousands of competent teachers

I wouldn’t be upset if David Hinkley subscribed, I’m sure John Hinkley is enthralled with his subscription to your feed.
you posted that the gop wants to destroy public schools. i posted several
right leaning places that have terrific public schools according to US News and World Report.

You made it up. And we all know it.
Old 07-29-2022, 06:17 AM   #109
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you posted that the gop wants to destroy public schools. i posted several
right leaning places that have terrific public schools according to US News and World Report.

You made it up. And we all know it.
New Hampshire doesn’t fit that category
Floriduh isn’t in it
Give them time, the Supreme Theocratic Court can’t do it all in one term.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2022, 06:18 AM   #110
Jim in CT

Quote:
New Hampshire doesn’t fit that category
Floriduh isn’t in it
Give them time, the Supreme Theocratic Court can’t do it all in one term.
I also listed TN, jackass. is TN not a red state?

supreme theocratic court. you just don’t get it. I’ve been opposed to slaughtering babies longer than i’ve been a catholic. one isn’t connected to the other.

Abortion isn’t in the constitution. nor is privacy. therefore those are state issues, as long as states don’t decide them in ways that violate the constitution. There’s no religion whatsoever in that thought process, just a rational and honest consideration of what’s in the constitution, and what’s not in the constitution.

sticking to what’s in the constitution, is the best way to safeguard freedoms. If you’re ok with liberals bending it to fit their personal causes, then you’d better be ok with conservatives also doing the same when they are in power

Best to let us, the people, decide through our elected officials.

Problem is, the court had been liberal for 50 years and you never considered the possibility of that changing, let alone changed single handedly by someone you’re deranged with hate for.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-29-2022 at 06:24 AM..
Old 07-29-2022, 07:02 AM   #111
Pete F.
Canceled

The Supreme Court of the Theocracy decided to outlaw abortion

In his Rome speech on religious liberty, Justice Alito mocked "foreign leaders" who condemned his opinion overturning Roe v. Wade, including Boris Johnson, Macron, Trudeau, and ... Prince Harry.

Of Boris, Alito quipped: "He paid the price."

It’s clear that Alito has a lot of ego wrapped up in his authorship of the Dobbs opinion. Which underscores that it wasn’t an objective, dispassionate application of the law.

Who would have guessed?
Old 07-29-2022, 07:09 AM   #112
Jim in CT

Quote:
The Supreme Court of the Theocracy decided to outlaw abortion

Wrong. Lie.

They decided that it's a state issue. The Supreme Court didn't even come close to outlawing abortion.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:26 AM   #113
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Wrong. Lie.

They decided that it's a state issue. The Supreme Court didn't even come close to outlawing abortion.
Wrong. Lie.
The extreme right wing Supreme Court decided to throw out a decades old decision based on religious reasons.
Alito said as much in Rome.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2022, 08:35 AM   #114
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wrong. Lie.
The extreme right wing Supreme Court decided to throw out a decades old decision based on religious reasons.
Alito said as much in Rome.
They didn't decree that anything was illegal. Nothing.

And Ruth Bader Ginsberg had also said that the Roe decision was flawed (nothing to do with religion, just that it was a bad legal ruling). But it's OK when she says it.

There's nothing religious about wanting unelected judges to stick to their oath and abide by the constitution. That's a secular argument, not a religious one.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:39 AM   #115
wdmso

Samuel Alito: Top US judge mocks world leaders over abortion ruling

"I had the honour this term of writing I think the only supreme court decision in the history of that institution that has been lambasted by a whole string of foreign leaders who felt perfectly fine commenting on American law," Mr Alito said.

"One of these was Boris Johnson, but he paid the price,"

HOW so?

Referring to religious liberty, he said it was "under attack in many places because it is dangerous to those who want to hold complete power".

the old christians are being attacked for their faith MANTA

Yep just another example the ruling had nothing to do with Mans Law

But he ruled for God's law
Old 07-29-2022, 08:41 AM   #116
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Samuel Alito: Top US judge mocks world leaders over abortion ruling

"I had the honour this term of writing I think the only supreme court decision in the history of that institution that has been lambasted by a whole string of foreign leaders who felt perfectly fine commenting on American law," Mr Alito said.

"One of these was Boris Johnson, but he paid the price,"

HOW so?

Referring to religious liberty, he said it was "under attack in many places because it is dangerous to those who want to hold complete power".

the old christians are being attacked for their faith MANTA

Yep just another example the ruling had nothing to do with Mans Law

But he ruled for God's law
religious liberty, and the question of whether abortion is in the constitution, are different.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:46 AM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito decried what he called “hostility to religion,” as he made his first public remarks since the release of his opinion overturning the constitutional right to abortion.
The hostility toward religion comes from people who are tired of having someone else’s religious beliefs forced upon them. Religious freedom is 100% protected in this country but that doesn’t mean you can legally impose it on others, though the radical SCOTUS & GOP do it anyway.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:48 AM   #118
Pete F.
Canceled

“we need to prove to people we are the party of Christian Nationalism.” Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene

“We are the party of Islamic nationalism…” Taliban.

I oppose the American Taliban.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:50 AM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled

A consultant to Doug Mastriano, the Republican nominee for governor in PA, says that he doesn't want Ben Shapiro (and other Jews) in his movement unless they “repent” and renounce their Jewish faith.

This is what Christian nationalism looks like.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:01 AM   #120
PaulS

Quote:
Yup, R Senators where seen fist bumping each other after the vote.