Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-31-2011, 06:36 AM   #31
scottw

it's a little amusing to see the various criticisms of the potentials from people who voted for Obama and additionally, Lincoln Chaffee(can you say "deer in the headlights"?)....but I guess when you constantly reference the Daily Show, Comedy Central and now, Think Progress as your prime sources for information...much is understood
Old 03-31-2011, 06:40 AM   #32
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

No, my actual sources then to be:
Morning Joe
Projo
NY Times online
WSJ Online

but the daily show had a funny bit that I recalled easier than a specific article. but then again, I'm not S-B's most proficient cut and paster.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-31-2011, 06:45 AM   #33
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
but then again, I'm not S-B's most proficient cut and paster.
I like to provide some evidence for my assertions, you'd think a scientist would appreciate something like that rather than vague.."And as a scientist, Jindal's handling of aspects of the BP spill were questionable"....and the ever present "most experts/everyone... agree(s)" from your buddy

hope you caught this in the ProJo the other day

http://www.projo.com/opinion/columni...5.1f420cc.html

Last edited by scottw; 03-31-2011 at 07:18 AM..
Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #34
fishbones

Here's an article that pretty much sums things up for the GOP.

Even Newt Gingrich A Little Depressed By Prospect Of Him Running For President | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 03-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #35
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Be more specific.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"If the trend come election season isn't down, independent voters are going to give Obama a lot of slack for enduring a very challenging presidency"

I hope that independents are educated enough to understand that O's presidency may be in the top 40% of challenging terms, but no where as high as many other presidents.
To name a few -
Jackson
Lincoln
Grant
Wilson
Roosevelt
Eisenhower
Kennedy
Johnson
Nixon
GWB

Not even close.

Most of what people are unhappy about, he brought on himself.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 03-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #36
spence

Funny, I just saw both Tom Brokaw and Pat Buchanan remark the other day that they couldn't remember a US president in their lifetimes that has had to deal with so many challenges as BO early in their presidency.

Freaking lightweights...

Not sure anyone is going to think about Abraham Lincoln or JFK in the voting booth.

They will think about what Obama inherited coming in, notably two wars and a massive recession. As I said, if the trend is up independent voters will take this into account. Hell, even Bush got sympathy in 2004...and if the trend it down he won't get the same.

Please explain why you think this isn't a well reasoned assertion.

-spence
Old 03-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #37
PaulS

[QUOTE=RIJIMMY;848400
Most of what people are unhappy about, he brought on himself.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I've be getting so confused lately. I thought he inherited 2 wars and the worse economy since the depression
Old 03-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #38
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Wow, I've be getting so confused lately. I thought he inherited 2 wars and the worse economy since the depression
yeah...I guess everyone was just expecting way too much.....

"I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth. This was the moment—this was the time—when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves and our highest ideals. Thank you", Barry O' Bomber

:b iglaugh:

Last edited by scottw; 03-31-2011 at 08:04 PM..
Old 04-01-2011, 04:13 AM   #39
scottw

Spence....."If the trend come election season isn't down, independent voters are going to give Obama a lot of slack for enduring a very challenging presidency"

Obama could definitely win in 2012...he just needs to motivate certain people to show up at the voting booths where no identification is required to "punish their enemies"

GOP says 5,000 non-citizens voting in Colorado a 'wake-up call' for states

By Debbie Siegelbaum - 03/31/11 01:23 PM ET

Republicans on the House Administration Committee want to shore up voter registration rules in the wake of a Colorado study that found as many as 5,000 non-citizens in the state took part in last year’s election.

When questioned by an illegal alien student today who showed him a deportation letter, President Barack Obama said he did not want to deport illegal alien students like the one who questioned him, he wanted them to succeed.

The exchange came during a town hall event sponsored by the Spanish-language television network Univision at a Washington, D.C., school. An illegal alien student, who appeared via Skype, asked: “My question for the president is, why [is the government] saying that deportations have stopped or the detention of many students like me, why is it that we are still receiving deportation letters like this one?”

Obama answered, “We have redesigned our enforcement practices under the law to make sure that we’re focusing primarily on criminals, and so our deportation of criminals are up about 70 percent. Our deportation of non-criminals are down, and that’s because we want to focus our resources on those folks who are destructive to the community.

“And for a young (ILLEGAL ALIEN) person like that young woman that we just spoke to who’s going to school, doing all the right things, we want them to succeed,” Obama said

(AND MAKE SURE YOUR ILLEGAL ALIEN PARENTS VOTE FOR ME)

"LET ME BE CLEAR, SOME ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE CRIMINALS AND SOME ARE NOT AND YOU KNOW WHICH YOU ARE, THOSE WHO ARE NOT MAY DISREGUARD THEIR DEPORTATION NOTICES AND PROCEED TO THE VOTING BOTH AND THOSE WHO ARE SHOULD TRY TO GET TO THE VOTING BOOTH BEFORE WE DEPORT YOU...FOR THE 8TH TIME"

this girl should sue America for stress and mental anguish...how is any non-criminal illegal alien student supposed to focus on their free tax payer provided education and "succeed" when they are continually receiving these pesky deportation notices at their home in the shadows?????????????

Last edited by scottw; 04-01-2011 at 05:41 AM..
Old 04-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #40
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Paul, please do some research. Its very easy to find.
No one is blaming O for the wars or the economy.
What they are blaming him for is-

A healthcare law that was never popular and will not save the country or individuals money. There is so much evidence now that he and the dems fed a lot of crap to the people. What evidence do I have? My insurance is up 35% in 2011.

His stimulus that really didnt do anything

His lack of bipartisianship until the dems got slaughtered

His lack of direction, views and action on the economy

Those are what has driven independents away from Obama, What you mentioned in your sarcastic post was what drew independents to him.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #41
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Funny, I just saw both Tom Brokaw and Pat Buchanan remark the other day that they couldn't remember a US president in their lifetimes that has had to deal with so many challenges as BO early in their presidency.

Freaking lightweights...
Really, hmm, I guess they dont remember when we were minutes away from a nuclear war.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #42
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

how about Watergate, was that challenging?

Old 04-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #43
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

maybe brokaw forgot about this?

Bush was president for 9 months. Is that considered "early in his presidency"?

Old 04-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #44
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Johnsons first term

- over 60,000 americans died in a brutal war
- divided nation, massive riots
- ohio state, students shot

and ps.....did you know Johnson's boss was killed in office and he had to take on the job? Maybe brokaw forgot?
uhhh, ok. I really cant think of anyone that had it harder than Barry........

Old 04-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #45
Duke41
got gas?

Beats Bush hands down
Old 04-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #46
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

They will think about what Obama inherited coming in, notably two wars and a massive recession.

-spence
Two plus years later.

" Choose Life "
Old 04-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #47
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Same

" Choose Life "