Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #91
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, think for a minute. Many of these people (perhaps the leaders of Iran, perhaps not) are so committed to their cause, that they don't fear consequences, that's how you get so many suicide bombers. You can't necessarily apply logic to these people. The kooky president of Iran has said he would gladly be a martyr to wipe Israel off the map. Whether or not he means it, who knows?
Seriously, how many Iranian suicide bombers have you seen lately?

Quote:
Not for all of them. For some, the really scary ones, the number one item is serving Allah, even if, or especially if, they have to die in the process.
How many people in Iranian leadership positions have given themselves to "the cause"? Seriously, you don't think these guys enjoy their drivers, chefs and tailored suits just like the rest of us?

See point above.

Quote:
Sure they can. Israel has nukes today. Iran doesn't.
There is zero chance Israel will launch a nuke attack to stop Iran from getting one. If they thought they could take it out in one strike conventionally perhaps, but the program is so well dispersed it's impossible.

Quote:
My bet is that Iran never gets a nuclear weapon, and it won't be Obama that stops them, it will be Israel. The Saudis will never allow Iran to get a nuke, they will do whatever it takes to stop that, and they will be justified to do it. That's my prediction.
Fixed.

-spence
Old 09-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #92
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
It is also well known the Chechens got the Russians with their pants down.
definition of oxymoron;
military intelligence....

Call me naive,but I will be very surprised if the rebels gassed themselves to get our help. It is this type of conspiracy theory that I put in the WTC category.
One is plausible and maybe even likely
How many do we kill with missles to teach him not to kill with gas ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-07-2013, 04:20 AM   #93
scottw

many of these "Syrian Rebels" are in fact Al Qaeda and fighters from out of country, it's not at all implausible that they set up a small gassing of Syrian citizens to provoke a strike, try to remember who we're dealing with....they were also very aware of O's "red line"...the fact is it's still unclear who is responsible...

it would help if the administration had any credibility on anything.....O, Kerry, Clinton, Pelosi, and on might have "great resumes" but there is very little of substance on those resumes when you look closely, these people are peacocks who are fantastic at preening their feathers and will squawk loudly when disturbed but they are little more than high maintenance lawn ornaments...
Old 09-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #94
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
many of these "Syrian Rebels" are in fact Al Qaeda and fighters from out of country, it's not at all implausible that they set up a small gassing of Syrian citizens to provoke a strike, try to remember who we're dealing with....they were also very aware of O's "red line"...the fact is it's still unclear who is responsible...
It's also possible that this entire civil war is a Miley Cyrus PR stunt.

Hey, nobody has dis-proven it.

-spence
Old 09-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #95
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

-spence
You're still believing in hope and change .. Please
Old 09-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #96
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

it would help if the administration had any credibility on anything.....
And therein lies a big part of the problem.
Just a few:
"You have to pass Obamacare to see what's in it."
"Wait till after the election Mr Putin."
"Libya attacks were caused by the tape."
"We are going to find out what happened and punish those who were involved in Benghazi."
"We are going to get at the bottom of the IRS debacle."
"We are going to change Washington and have the most transparent administration ever."

So what are we suppose to believe?

" Choose Life "
Old 09-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #97
buckman

I do have to give credit where credit is due. The President does appear to have united republicans and democrats across this nation . Just about everyone is against starting another war
Old 09-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #98
scottw

Quote:

-spence
you preen and condescend a lot for someone that is so frequently wrong.... but hey, you can always disappear and then pop up on another thread, causing unnecessary irriration
Old 09-08-2013, 04:32 AM   #99
scottw

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...r-davis-hanson

VDH brilliantly assesses the disaster-in-chief
Old 09-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #100
spence

Quote:
you preen and condescend a lot for someone that is so frequently wrong.... but hey, you can always disappear and then pop up on another thread, causing unnecessary irriration
Funny, you often say that but never really offer any anecdotes. Like all your cut and paste posts, all talk...no thinking.

Even this last, Jesus, I wonder if these guys just have a list of made up talking points to disparage the President and look for situations to use them.

The criticism of our White House is looking a bit like a bad Mad Libs.

-spence
Old 09-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #101
scottw

Quote:
Funny, you often say that but never really offer any anecdotes. Like all your cut and paste posts, all talk...no thinking.

Even this last, Jesus, I wonder if these guys just have a list of made up talking points to disparage the President and look for situations to use them.

The criticism of our White House is looking a bit like a bad Mad Libs.

-spence
blah...blah...blahhh...get some new material
Old 09-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #102
Nebe

The horrible irony here is that many people who hate obama and always support Bush's policies are against this Syria conflict at all costs and site reasoning that debunks their defense of bush going into Iraq.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #103
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The horrible irony here is that many people who hate obama and always support Bush's policies are against this Syria conflict at all costs and site reasoning that debunks their defense of bush going into Iraq.
The fabricated hatred for Obama has far surpassed what the Left feigned for Bush.

I fear that the majority of opposition is rooted in partisan circlejerkery rather than pragmatism and the sheep are just chortling along with their eyes closed.

-spence
Old 09-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #104
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
many people who hate obama and always support Bush's policies .
name one
Old 09-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #105
scottw

Quote:

rooted in partisan circlejerkery rather than pragmatism and the sheep are just chortling along with their eyes closed.

-spence
I think you just described yourself quite well
Old 09-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #106
spence

Quote:
I think you just described yourself quite well
You forgot the chortle.

-spence
Old 09-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #107
scottw

Quote:
You forgot the chortle.

-spence
..zzzzzzzzzzzzzz'...same song ...different day..."hate"...blah blah..."partisan"....blah blah..."circlejerk"....blah blah..."not thinking"...blah blah
Old 09-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #108
scottw

Quote:

-spence
the "rebels"

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-08-05-37-13

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) -- Rebels including al-Qaida-linked fighters gained control of a Christian village northeast of the capital Damascus.

The rebel advance into the area this week was spearheaded by Jabhat al-Nusra, or the Nusra Front, exacerbating fears among Syrians and religious minorities about the role played by Islamic extremists within the rebel ranks.

A Maaloula resident said the rebels, many of them sporting beards and shouting God is great, attacked Christian homes and churches shortly after moving into the village overnight.

"They shot and killed people. I heard gunshots and then I saw three bodies lying in the middle of a street in the old quarters of the village," said the resident, reached by telephone from neighboring Jordan. "So many people fled the village for safety."

Now, Maaloula "is a ghost town. Where is President Obama to see what befallen on us?" asked the man.

He said one of the churches, called Demyanos, had been torched and that gunmen stormed into two other churches and robbed them.

Most of the gunmen are foreigners, he said, adding that he heard different dialects, mainly of Tunisians, Libyans, Moroccans and Chechens.

Another resident, a Christian man, said he saw militants forcing some Christian residents to convert to Islam. "I saw the militants grabbing five villagers Wednesday and threatening them (saying): `Either you convert to Islam, or you will be beheaded,'" he said.

A Christian woman who spoke to the AP on Thursday also said there were reports that militants threatened villagers with death if they did not convert.

Obama will intensify his efforts to sell a skeptical Congress and a war-weary American public on a military strike against Syria.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #109
spence

Interesting your use of quotes in an attempt to mislead.

-spence
Old 09-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #110
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

In all honesty Spence, if Bush was President now, and wanted to go into Syria for the same reasons as O, what would you be saying?

" Choose Life "
Old 09-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #111
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
In all honesty Spence, if Bush was President now, and wanted to go into Syria for the same reasons as O, what would you be saying?
he's gonna really struggle with those first four words

like this...

When asked this morning if the U.S. has any pledges of military support for strikes in Syria, White House chief of staff Denis McDonough emphasized that the G20 and other nations have made supportive condemnations of the Syrian government’s actions, but when repeatedly pressed by CNN’s Candy Crowley, he provided no examples of countries that have endorsed or will provide personnel or equipment for a military intervention.

He wouldn’t explicitly admit that the U.S. has no allies willing to provide support, saying, “You’re trying to get me to say that, but I’m not going to say it.” There is specific support from the EU and others, he said, for “holding Syria accountable.”

say it....SAY IT!......nope

"sophistry"....like the use of those quotes Spence?

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldno...,4466835.story

"As administration officials lay out their case in favor of a punitive attack on Syria, they have been making all of these seemingly contradictory contentions, confusing supporters and providing rhetorical weapons to their opponents.""

"The sometimes-tortured quality of the argument was apparent over the weekend as some officials claimed that the strikes would shift the momentum of the Syrian war, and others said it would largely be unchanged."

read the article. The administration peacocks are far more interested in preserving and maintaining their "appearance" than they are about doing anything meaningful...and everyone knows it

Last edited by scottw; 09-09-2013 at 04:07 AM..
Old 09-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #112
scottw

OK....here's how we get rid of Assad...we get the guy who is sitting in jail for making the movie that caused the Bengazi tragedy to make another disparaging movie showing Assad cursing Allah, burning the Koran and drawing silly cartoons of the prophet mohammed....this will inflame the arab street......Assad will have to flee the middle east and seek assylum with his dear friend John Kerry, he can live out his years in one of Kerry's mansions as an undocumented dictator where they can dine together and discuss reform and Pelosi can visit whenever she wants without having to leave the country against the warnings of every living former secretary of state, maybe he can become a professor at Harvard or Columbia and enjoy the benefits of social security, the SNAP program and, Obamacare(in other words, the American Dream)..........
Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #113
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Wink

Best idea I've seen yet.
Gotta luv the definition of the American Dream.

" Choose Life "
Old 09-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #114
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seriously, how many Iranian suicide bombers have you seen lately?

How many people in Iranian leadership positions have given themselves to "the cause"? Seriously, you don't think these guys enjoy their drivers, chefs and tailored suits just like the rest of us?

See point above.

There is zero chance Israel will launch a nuke attack to stop Iran from getting one. If they thought they could take it out in one strike conventionally perhaps, but the program is so well dispersed it's impossible.

Fixed.

-spence
"There is zero chance Israel will launch a nuke attack to stop Iran from getting one"

I disagree. If Iran gets a nuke, there's every reason to believe Iran would use it against Israel. Therefore, there's no valid reason for Israel to leave anything off the table to prevent it.

We'll see on that score, time will tell.

Chalk it up to another blown opportunity for Obama/Clinton when they chose to do nothing during the Iranian uprising some time ago...
Old 09-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #115
buckman

Quote:
The fabricated hatred for Obama has far surpassed what the Left feigned for Bush.

I fear that the majority of opposition is rooted in partisan circlejerkery rather than pragmatism and the sheep are just chortling along with their eyes closed.

-spence
You forgot racism as a reason and an explanation for all the democrats that are opposed.