Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Chunkah

BTW...I am SO HAPPY Liverpool didn't hire AVB....the guy knows how to ruin a team.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Chunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Clogston29
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkah View Post
BTW...I am SO HAPPY Liverpool didn't hire AVB....the guy knows how to ruin a team.
So does the fenway group.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Chunkah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogston29 View Post
So does the fenway group.
Perhaps, perhaps. But realistically what can they do? They have the club out of debt, they are actually in a position to make money and be prosperous, where other teams still spend WAY beyond their means and are saddled with huge debts. Not all clubs can have an oil rich owner with endless funds to spend. Is it really fun watching ManCity and Chelsea spend, spend, spend? PSG have a new owner and are now a "Super Club", but is that really what we want to see? Liverpool have signed some excellent young talent, offloaded lots of bloated wage bills for players that weren't playing a lot anyway, and potentially have money to spend in not only the winter transfer market, but next summers as well. The Fair Play rules go into effect in 2014 and Liverpool will already be a step up and a step ahead of many clubs. They will be used to operating within their means, while other clubs will have to sell and adjust. There have been many mistakes so far, and there will be more to come, but this is the best (off the pitch) this club has looked in a LONG time and in the long run they will reap the rewards...and that will be more satisfying than buying any title.

Last edited by Chunkah; 09-04-2012 at 02:30 PM..

Chunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
inTHERAPY

Did you get a chance to watch liverpool v arsenal from yesterday. all in all a very good game with both sides playing above what they have been playing. next up for liver is man city, the game before the game. now if you had the opportunity to see the copa yesterday, barca and real was awesome!! (get to watch a lot of tvo when your home sick) if you did not get a chance to see it, look on bein sports i am sure it will replay

rather be fishin'
inTHERAPY is offline   Reply With Quote