Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 06-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #1
Sluggoslinger

Some mother #$%@ broke into my house last night!

We just got a call from the neighbor who said their 5 year old daughter came by last night to see if she could play with our dog since she considers buddy one of her best friends. A man answered to door told her the dog wasn't there and closed it on her. She ran home crying and scared. Thank god, thank god, thank god nothing happened to her...

The man spent the night at the house and left, when our cleaning lady arrived this morning the key that we keep hidden was missing. From what we know, everything seemed in order but god help that person if one piece of my fishing gear is missing...

Time to call the police. The car was a black altima.

Just had to vent here... I'm steaming right now.
Sluggoslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:40 AM   #2
partsjay
Let's Rock!

I dont blame you for venting.....that must be a horrible feeling....I hate people....thank god your neighbor's daughter is OK....Hope they catch that loser.
partsjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:41 AM   #3
taJon

That is one lucky little girl. Its also luchy nobody else was home. Burglers in the house when you're home isn't a good situation at all. You know someone won't be leaving under their own power....

Sorry man.......
taJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:49 AM   #4
Sluggoslinger

I'm making some progress on this. The car happens to be the same make and model of one of the fisherman in town that I worked on the same boat with 3 years ago. I don't know how he would know where the key is but I called the cops and gave his name as a suspect. They know him well at the station so hopefully they can show a mug shot to the girl and close this case.

What sort of punishment to you get for B&E?
Sluggoslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:04 AM   #5
Slick Moedee

You should have Johnny Law check the inside door handle for prints.
Slick Moedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #6
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

Only problem was no one was home. It would be a felony had someone been home during the night. So less punishment.
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #7
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
scary

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:14 PM   #8
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggoslinger
I'm making some progress on this. The car happens to be the same make and model of one of the fisherman in town that I worked on the same boat with 3 years ago. I don't know how he would know where the key is but I called the cops and gave his name as a suspect. They know him well at the station so hopefully they can show a mug shot to the girl and close this case.

What sort of punishment to you get for B&E?
Depends on the reasons why he's so well known at the station If he has priors for B&E, there may be a mandatory sentence. B&E of a dwelling in the nightime is actually classified as "Unarmed Burglary:

MGL Chapter 266, Section 15--"Whoever breaks and enters a dwelling house in the night time, with the intent [to commit a felony], or having entered with such intent, breaks such dwelling house in the night time, the offender not being armed, nor arming himself in such house, with a dangerous weapon, nor making an assault upon a person lawfully therein, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 20 years and, if he shall have been previously convicted of any crime named in this or the preceding section, for not less than five years".

It might not matter whether anyone was home, either, if it could be proved he broke in at night. A "dwelling" doesn't necessarily have to be occupied at the time of the crime for it to be a B&E of a dwelling.

B&E is a felony no matter what, but a daytime B&E is a concurrent jurisdiction felony, which means it can be prosecuted in a lower court and a misdemeanor sentence can be handed out.

The Commonwealth still has to prove that he broke and entered with the intent to commit a felony. That may be the sticking point here, if nothing was taken.

Last edited by Mike P; 06-30-2006 at 12:25 PM..

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #9
missing link

I know how you feel VIOLATED my house was broken into 4 yrs ago
we also found the people who did it but the police couldn't get them on any charges , it was some boys from my neighborhood they missed all the good stuff took a BIG jug of $$$$ JR> was saving for a color FF they also took many important papers Documents that can't be replaced but life goes on
just remember what goes around comes around
the VIOLATERS will never forget ME as long as they live
Hang in there sluggoslinger
ML Sr.

" Happy as a clam at high tide "
missing link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #10
Nebe

that sucks nothing is worse than knowing a stranger was in your house...
On a funny note, not that a break in is funny....

throw out your toothbrushes... (one of my favorite urban legends)
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:32 AM   #11
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Good common sense

What NEBE said should be adherred to. Throw out anything that was open in the fridge and yes toothbrushes. Damn good idea Nebe.

A break and entering occurs when any barrier is removed so entry can be gained. Door doesn't necessarily have to be locked. Removing barrier is the key there. (Could be a piece of plywood) Doesn't have to be a felony either. Thier are so many things invloved such as the justice system employees reducing any crime charged from a felony to a misdomeanor. Thier are other felonys a person can be charged with also that relate to property crimes, ie; larceny from a building(felony), mal damage over $250.00(felony), and so on. That little girl should be commended for paying attention when she was taught about stranger danger. Most kids would have thought the burglar was just visiting the neighbors.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #12
fishaholic18
Finally

Get a dog. I'd love to see some m'fer break into my house. He'll be deaf when he leaves from all the barking...
Here's a pic of my killer pup...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2004_0917Image0007.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	16073  

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #13
smac

I hope the parents of that girl keep a very close eye on her since she can ID him. There are some sick MF'ers in this world. Dont forget to take precautions for Identity Theft. Call the bank, and credit card companies(change CC numbers) and check your credit reports. I am sure you have already done this, just thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Good luck.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #14
spence

That does suck, I'd pay close attention...who knows what may crop up...but eventually it will be in the past.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote