Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-02-2021, 12:58 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Per participant, far more

And No president encouraged rioting in the case of BLM, the former guy had participants "standing back and standing by" waiting to participate and then sat watching on TV.

And if you want to claim it's not the party of white supremacy then why did Jenna Ryan, a rioter from Texas, claim (incorrectly) "Definitely not going to jail, I have blonde hair, white skin, a great job, a great future and I'm not going to jail. Sorry to rain on your hater parade. I did nothing wrong"

Because of course blonde hair and white skin makes you above the law, that's for those people..............
"Per participant, far more"

Since they murdered zero people, I'd be very interested to see your math. I agree that per participant is a good way to compare, but the January 6th rioters murdered exactly zero people. And the BLM rioters murdered some.

Trumps exact words were to go to the capital "peacefully and patriotically". That's exactly, precisely, what he said. Not sure how that's inciting a riot.

Many, many elected democrats supported the BLM riots. as did many in the media.

"And if you want to claim it's not the party of white supremacy then why did Jenna Ryan"

(1) is one idiot Republican speaks for the whole GOP, can I say that the BLM rioter who killed a black cop, speaks for you? Or the guy who shot Rep Scalise, does he represent the entire democrat party? Do you hear how idiotic that sounds? That's your logic.

party of white supremacy - cut taxes for blacks, ushered in record low black unemployment, increased funding for black colleges, championed criminal justice reform, advocate for school choice, all things that disproportionately help blacks. If we're white supremacists, we're really bad at white supremacy, because what we want is for blacks to escape the cities and climb the economic ladder.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:00 PM   #32
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
How many people did they murder, compared to the BLM riots?

How many billions of dollars in damage did they do, compared to the BLM riots?
Pete doesn’t see the difference between people protesting the government(and yes I think they went too far)for whatever reason and people attacking, assaulting, inconveniencing their fellow citizens, vandalizing and destroying their businesses or homes and generally being public menaces
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-02-2021, 02:45 PM   #33
wdmso

Quote:
Right, because liberals don't call people names. Obama didn't tell an audience that the McCain campaign wanted people to be afraid of hos skin color, he didn't say Republicans just "hate all the time", Hilary didn't call half the country deplorable. Biden didn't say that Republicans want to put blacks back in chains. I'm making all of that up. Trump is the only jerk. No one in the democrat party insults people.

GET OVER YOUSELF. Anything to avoid talking honestly about results for two seconds.
again!! : all name calling is created equal
Old 11-02-2021, 02:46 PM   #34
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
wut????
no vulgarity was used so Mom should be ok ...
Old 11-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #35
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Doesn't it seem like some people's panties are in a bunch.
Old 11-02-2021, 02:52 PM   #36
wdmso

when possible always fall back to the BLM riots because they are exactly the same as what happened on January 6th

Conservatives are Just disingenuous people .. its that simple creating their own alternative facts

So to talk about alternative facts is to talk about the opposite of reality (which is delusion), or the opposite of truth (which is untruth).

love conservative Logic
Old 11-02-2021, 02:53 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
I never said all name-calling equal. I agree that some is worse than others. But to you, the degree to which it's bad, depends entirely on the political party of the person logging the insult. I don't think that matters at all.

Biden said that republicans want to put blacks in chains, and Hilary said republicans are deplorable and irredeemable. In terms of anticipating how a president would likely view people who disagree with him, I don't know that insults get much worse than that.
Old 11-02-2021, 03:29 PM   #38
PaulS

Quote:
Hilary said republicans are deplorable and irredeemable.
Is that what she said?
Old 11-02-2021, 04:25 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
when possible always fall back to the BLM riots because they are exactly the same as what happened on January 6th

Conservatives are Just disingenuous people .. its that simple creating their own alternative facts

So to talk about alternative facts is to talk about the opposite of reality (which is delusion), or the opposite of truth (which is untruth).

love conservative Logic
"when possible always fall back to the BLM riots because they are exactly the same as what happened on January 6th "

Who said they were the same? I'd say the BLM riots were worse. Comparing death, bloodshed, or property damage (which seem like the appropriate ways to compare riots), there's no comparison. None.

If it's ok when your side murders people, burns buildings, and does tend of billions of dollars in damage when they are upset...why isn't it OK when another group reacts much less violently when they are upset. Wayne, BLM burned many buildings to the ground.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Is that what she said?
She said half of them are. Yes, that's what she said, and a lot of people think that was exactly why she lost, which is precisely what she deserved.

You're denying she said that?

Did Biden say to a roomfull of blacks, that Republicans want to put y'all back in chains?
Old 11-02-2021, 04:32 PM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
"when possible always fall back to the BLM riots because they are exactly the same as what happened on January 6th "

Who said they were the same? I'd say the BLM riots were worse. Comparing death, bloodshed, or property damage (which seem like the appropriate ways to compare riots), there's no comparison. None.

If it's ok when your side murders people, burns buildings, and does tend of billions of dollars in damage when they are upset...why isn't it OK when another group reacts much less violently when they are upset. Wayne, BLM burned many buildings to the ground.
Again America’s had riots all thru our history .. But we have had only one attempt to overthrow the newly elected POTUS

Ok Jim they were just another Group..who reacted LOL

Like I said disingenuous ..

The GOP is already starting to sow the seed of another possible failed election

Virginia GOP and Matt Schlapp claim some voters without masks kept from polls
Old 11-02-2021, 04:39 PM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again America’s had riots all thru our history .. But we have had only one attempt to overthrow the newly elected POTUS

Ok Jim they were just another Group..who reacted LOL

Like I said disingenuous ..

The GOP is already starting to sow the seed of another possible failed election

Virginia GOP and Matt Schlapp claim some voters without masks kept from polls
except there’s no evidence that there was a plan to overthrow biden.

also, unless i am very mistaken, when bush beat gore, the democrats took that to court in “an attempt to overthrow the newly elected POTUS”.

and after the 2016 election, but before electoral certification, there were a fair number of people begging the electors not to vote for Trump . which again, seems like an obvious “attempt of overthrow the newly elected potus.”

so other than the two times when your side did it recently, there aren’t any examples in history of anyone doing it. That’s what you’re saying. i mean that’s just brilliant.

keep bleating like a good sheep wayne.

“republicans are baaaaaaaad.”
Old 11-02-2021, 04:43 PM   #43
Jim in CT

wdmso, an article from the washington post about using the electors to prevent a newly elected teump from becoming potus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...06c_story.html
Old 11-02-2021, 04:45 PM   #44
Jim in CT

wayne, here is change.org taking out newspaper ads, begging electors not to vote for the newly elected trump.

all kinds if hollywood activists did it too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...or-trump%3famp
Old 11-02-2021, 04:47 PM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
She said half of them are. Yes, that's what she said, and a lot of people think that was exactly why she lost, which is precisely what she deserved. So I'll do what you do here - you lied. She said half.

You're denying she said that?Yes, she said "you could put half ..."

Did Biden say to a roomfull of blacks, that Republicans want to put y'all back in chains?
Given the % of Rs who are living in a fantasy world and claim without any evidence that Biden lost, she was correct.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:07 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Given the % of Rs who are living in a fantasy world and claim without any evidence that Biden lost, she was correct.
i have no doubt you think she was correct. you’re entitled to that opinion. but it’s interesting, then, when you act butt hurt when those people you despise, respond with let’s go brandon.

you show nothing but loathing, yet you ask for respect. that’s what cracks me up.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:45 PM   #47
PaulS

Quote:
i have no doubt you think she was correct. you’re entitled to that opinion. but it’s interesting, then, when you act butt hurt when those people you despise, respond with let’s go brandon.

you show nothing but loathing, yet you ask for respect. that’s what cracks me up.
I think you need to look in the mirror cuz I've never seen anyone as vile as you. The way you talk about women or anyone you dislike shows a total lack of class. Your constant insults to members of this site is stunning.

How do I show nothing but loathing? I'm not here day in and day out, hour after hour, at all hours of the day and night feeling like I need to respond with insults to every post like you do. I guess you could say what I think of you would be loathing ( if I really cared about you) as there's not a chance in hell that I would want to have anything to do with you because I think you are a POS the way you talk to everybody.

Enough people on this site have met me in person to know what type of person I am. I doubt there's very many people who would stand up for you or your reputation.

Now is the time to post how I use the word retard one time so I can give you my standard response back to say how I was making fun of you and the other conservatives who used to say they were so superior yet allowed Trump to mock the handicapped.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:17 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think you need to look in the mirror cuz I've never seen anyone as vile as you. The way you talk about women or anyone you dislike shows a total lack of class. Your constant insults to members of this site is stunning.

How do I show nothing but loathing? I'm not here day in and day out, hour after hour, at all hours of the day and night feeling like I need to respond with insults to every post like you do. I guess you could say what I think of you would be loathing ( if I really cared about you) as there's not a chance in hell that I would want to have anything to do with you because I think you are a POS the way you talk to everybody.

Enough people on this site have met me in person to know what type of person I am. I doubt there's very many people who would stand up for you or your reputation.

Now is the time to post how I use the word retard one time so I can give you my standard response back to say how I was making fun of you and the other conservatives who used to say they were so superior yet allowed Trump to mock the handicapped.
i don’t need to look in the mirror, i’m not the one who started a post because let’s go brandon hurt my delicate feelings. i have no problem taking what i dish out. fair is fair.

you pre-emptively bring up your use of the word retard ( and your insistence that there’s nothing wrong with it, which is even
more stunning to me) as if it’s not a valid example for me to bring up, of you being every bit as vile as you say i am.

paul, i happily concede that if you focus on my worst moments, and ignore your worst moments, that you compare favorably to me. but it’s not how you compare people. it’s convenient for you if we do it that way for sure, but it’s not a legitimate way to do it.

“retard” is ok. calling tens of
millions of americans “deplorable” is ok. but you can’t take “let’s go brandon.”

makes sense.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-02-2021 at 06:29 PM..
Old 11-02-2021, 08:24 PM   #49
spence

Quote:
You're all completely missing the point of Lets Go Brandon. It's at least as much of an arrow aimed at the media, as it is at Biden. The media is constantly telling us to ignore what we plainly see and hear, and listen to their pro-liberal spin instead.
I think the obvious answer is the announcer knew she was on live TV and was witty in trying to minimize the situation.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:28 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think the obvious answer is the announcer knew she was on live TV and was witty in trying to minimize the situation.
very possible.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:07 PM   #51
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I think the obvious answer is the announcer knew she was on live TV

Yeah, no ..she probably had no idea she was on live tv..,,
Old 11-03-2021, 07:27 AM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
except there’s no evidence that there was a plan to overthrow biden.

also, unless i am very mistaken, when bush beat gore, the democrats took that to court in “an attempt to overthrow the newly elected POTUS”.

That is what is legally available to a presidential candidate, you omit that Gore was VP and even though he was the opposition candidate the Electoral College results went through

and after the 2016 election, but before electoral certification, there were a fair number of people begging the electors not to vote for Trump . which again, seems like an obvious “attempt of overthrow the newly elected potus.”

Somebody said something....

so other than the two times when your side did it recently, there aren’t any examples in history of anyone doing it. That’s what you’re saying. i mean that’s just brilliant.

keep bleating like a good sheep wayne.

“republicans are baaaaaaaad.”
Examples in history 1800, 1824, 1860, 1876

I think you dream of a pair of high rubber boots and a nice ewe.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-03-2021, 09:19 AM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Was this Jim????

There was a guy, who could best be described as the village idiot that was walking around Ridgefield, CT with his unleashed dog all last weekend, shouting ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ up and down the main street. His take was that the dog was named Brandon, he did this all day.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-03-2021, 09:30 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Was this Jim????

There was a guy, who could best be described as the village idiot that was walking around Ridgefield, CT with his unleashed dog all last weekend, shouting ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ up and down the main street. His take was that the dog was named Brandon, he did this all day.
Good one!