Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-17-2021, 07:15 PM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Crickets

Well isn’t that just like the left !
This guy Miley should be put in front of a firing squad and no mention of it here.
🤔
Old 09-17-2021, 08:09 PM   #2
spence

Please learn how to spell his name before you discredit an American asset. Dumb ass.
Old 09-17-2021, 09:39 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Do you think the MAGA crowd insisting General Milley committed treason realize they're calling attention to the fact that everyone around their insane orange God king in the last months of his presidency thought he was completely insane and a danger to the country?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-17-2021, 11:17 PM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Do you think the MAGA crowd insisting General Milley committed treason realize they're calling attention to the fact that everyone around their insane orange God king in the last months of his presidency thought he was completely insane and a danger to the country?
If "everyone around" him thought he was "completely insane" and acting like a "God king", orange or otherwise, there was, and is, a constitutional method of removing him from office.

That method does not include a general conspiring with an enemy of the United States, nor even with an ally.

Nor does the Constitution give the government agencies and appointed bureaucrats which all comprise what is referred to as "the Deep State," the power to undermine the President, especially because of unfounded or unproven opinions. And it would be treason if it were done to aid and comfort an enemy of the United States.

That you do not seem to see the great danger to "our Democracy" such actions and the condoning of them are, shows how insane is your desire to destroy Trump, even if it is done by unconstitutional, treacherous, and dangerous ways.
Old 09-18-2021, 04:46 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
If "everyone around" him thought he was "completely insane" and acting like a "God king", orange or otherwise, there was, and is, a constitutional method of removing him from office.

That method does not include a general conspiring with an enemy of the United States, nor even with an ally.

Nor does the Constitution give the government agencies and appointed bureaucrats which all comprise what is referred to as "the Deep State," the power to undermine the President, especially because of unfounded or unproven opinions. And it would be treason if it were done to aid and comfort an enemy of the United States.

That you do not seem to see the great danger to "our Democracy" such actions and the condoning of them are, shows how insane is your desire to destroy Trump, even if it is done by unconstitutional, treacherous, and dangerous ways.
Boy is that a dumb response, twice this clown was impeached and his GOP senators failed to take action, so in so little time left they should have tried again? The further away from the election he got the more unhinged he got, I’m glad someone was taking steps to avoid him from using the world ending power I frankly don’t think one man should have.
Old 09-18-2021, 06:40 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Boy is that a dumb response, twice this clown was impeached and his GOP senators failed to take action, so in so little time left they should have tried again? The further away from the election he got the more unhinged he got, I’m glad someone was taking steps to avoid him from using the world ending power I frankly don’t think one man should have.
so it’s “dumb” to suggest we follow the rules, when doing so doesn’t give us the result we want?
Old 09-18-2021, 07:28 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

The US Department of Defense acknowledges in its law manual that "the law of war governs the use of nuclear weapons".
The responsibility to obey the law "runs from the top down - right down to the crew member on the submarine".

If the president orders an illegal strike, anyone who carries out that order is potentially liable for war crimes.
They'd have a duty to say "no".
In the real world, it would not be an easy thing to stop.
First one officer says it is a war crime, he’s relieved of command and perhaps more till you get to Bork, who pushes the button because he believes the president has complete control without question.
An unprovoked nuclear strike with the accompanying collateral damage would be considered by most of the world to be a war crime, there’s no exception for the guy with a bigger button.
General Milley worked within the rules, luckily nothing happened.
The same concerns were there in the last days of the Nixon presidency.
As far as talking to his equal in the Chinese armed forces, the SECDEF knew, it happened in a room full of members of various agencies and a readout was produced and distributed.
Now do TFGs meeting with Putin, with no one and no notes
Old 09-18-2021, 07:33 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Well isn’t that just like the left !
This guy Miley should be put in front of a firing squad and no mention of it here.
🤔
It was a perfect phone call that’s all Milley need to say , it worked for Trump you believed it..

FYI the phone call was approved by the secretary of defense with 13 others on both calls not surprised you left that part out , or why the call was needed
Old 09-18-2021, 07:42 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so it’s “dumb” to suggest we follow the rules, when doing so doesn’t give us the result we want?
What rules weren’t followed by the. General

We know what rules Trump didn’t follow.. but no outrage over that from the right
Yet

Trump still claiming the election was rigged while he show’s support for those who tried to overturn the election in his name on Jan 6

Talk about cricket’s
Old 09-18-2021, 07:52 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
These deserves 2 different responses

does this statement apply to the entirety of Republicans and Trump?

After they lost the election , and they filed bogus lawsuits after lawsuits based on lies or changed election laws just because they lost and had to curb voter turnout?

And what about Trumps call to GA to find votes I don’t recall if that bothered you as much as Biden being told who to pick during a press conference ?
Old 09-18-2021, 08:22 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
These deserves 2 different responses

does this statement apply to the entirety of Republicans and Trump?

After they lost the election , and they filed bogus lawsuits after lawsuits based on lies or changed election laws just because they lost and had to curb voter turnout?

And what about Trumps call to GA to find votes I don’t recall if that bothered you as much as Biden being told who to pick during a press conference ?
see here’s the difference…i have said very explicitly that the january 6h rioters should be arrested and prosecuted. but many many liberals defended the blm rioters, dismissed it as mostly peaceful.

i’m not sure what to think of what this guy did. he’s saying it’s normal, lots of other brass are saying it’s a court
martial level offense.

how many times do i need to say it? Trump is a morally bankrupt reptile. and he’s not above the law. but you will never criticize biden for anything.

You keep acting as if i’m Sean Hannity, and you do it because pretending i’m as rabidly partisan as you are, is easier for you to deal with, than the reality that i’m fair and truthful.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:28 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
What rules weren’t followed by the. General

We know what rules Trump didn’t follow.. but no outrage over that from the right
Yet

Trump still claiming the election was rigged while he show’s support for those who tried to overturn the election in his name on Jan 6

Talk about cricket’s
it’s not against the rules for a general to contact his counterpart in the military of our largest global
adversary, and promise to let them know in advance if we are ever planning action against them? that’s not promising to commit treason f we were at war with china?

Maybe offering to commit treason in the future isn’t a crime. i’m not sure it’s a good thing, though. That’s if he did in fact offer to warn them ahead of time, if we were to plan action against them. That’s hat Bob Woodward claims, and i didn’t see him deny it, maybe he did.

“no outrage from the right”

the russia thing was a joke, and i’ve said he was reckless with his claims about the stolen election, bough i don’t believe it’s reasonable to say he invited the riot when he said to “peacefully and patriotically” go to the capital. those were his exact words. He didn’t do nearly enough to try and stop it.

I’m not sorry he’s gone, though obviously i wouldn’t have selected biden to replace him.

I don’t know how i can be more honest than that.

Have you ever criticized Biden? Plagiarism, compulsive lying, a rape allegation against him that’s way more credible than the allegation against kavanaugh, obvious signs of corruption with Hunter selling influence. telling blacks that republicans want to put them in chains, calling a black congressman boy, and now showing obvious signs of dimentia. Do you have anything to say about that?

you’ll deflect all of it.

Biden said you can’t be black u less you support him. you said you were ok with that. not a syllable of criticism.

who can be honest between us, and who will always, always defend his side?
Old 09-18-2021, 08:34 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
see here’s the difference…i have said very explicitly that the january 6h rioters should be arrested and prosecuted. but many many liberals defended the blm rioters, dismissed it as mostly peaceful.

i’m not sure what to think of what this guy did. he’s saying it’s normal, lots of other brass are saying it’s a court
martial level offense.

how many times do i need to say it? Trump is a morally bankrupt reptile. and he’s not above the law. but you will never criticize biden for anything.

You keep acting as if i’m Sean Hannity, and you do it because pretending i’m as rabidly partisan as you are, is easier for you to deal with, than the reality that i’m fair and truthful.

Jim clearly your not The conservatives I am speaking of this is Trumps party .. and no current brass is saying anything about it being a court martial offense , the facts speak for themself no secret no personal cell phone all in the open

I am far from a rabid partisan I am objective enough to BS when the right decide to manufacture their canned outrage as Truth ..

Like most MAGA hero’s who Milley was until Milley was caught choosing the constitution over Trump .. they go from hero to Traitor overnight and there is a long list of them to include mike pence
In the MAGA universe and Republicans world everything is a lie fake news or everyone’s else fault ..

It’s Amazing to watch the Party of No in action
Old 09-18-2021, 08:37 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim clearly your not The conservatives I am speaking of this is Trumps party .. and no current brass is saying anything about it being a court martial offense , the facts speak for themself no secret no personal cell phone all in the open

I am far from a rabid partisan I am objective enough to BS when the right decide to manufacture their canned outrage as Truth ..

Like most MAGA hero’s who Milley was until Milley was caught choosing the constitution over Trump .. they go from hero to Traitor overnight and there is a long list of them to include mike pence
you do act like a rabid partisan, i’ve never seen you agree with a conservative here.

And a sincere thank you for saying Im not the brain dead conservative you’re speaking about, and of course there are plenty of those out there, and they deserve to be mocked.

maybe we can try to elevate this a bit. gotta run, coaching little league.

enjoy the nice weekend, sincerely.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:45 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
you do act like a rabid partisan, i’ve never seen you agree with a conservative here.

And a sincere thank you for saying Im not the brain dead conservative you’re speaking about, and of course there are plenty of those out there, and they deserve to ebe mocked.

maybe we can try to elevate this a bit. gotta run, coaching little league.

enjoy the nice weekend, sincerely.

I will when conservatives present something that makes sense and isn’t a lie … but that doesn’t happen often and when it does their own party turns on them .. can you say Liz Chaney

32 years in corrections and 25 in the military I consider myself a moderate . But by today’s GOP standard Iam married to AOC LOL
Old 09-18-2021, 09:29 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
I will when conservatives present something that makes sense and isn’t a lie … but that doesn’t happen often and when it does their own party turns on them .. can you say Liz Chaney

32 years in corrections and 25 in the military I consider myself a moderate . But by today’s GOP standard Iam married to AOC LOL
right, democrats are ok with dissention which is why they are all being nice to joe manchin right now. and why they are so respectful to black conservatives.

AOC literally said joe manchin is
killing people.

democrat is always right, the conservative is always wrong. always.
Old 09-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The US Department of Defense acknowledges in its law manual that "the law of war governs the use of nuclear weapons".
The responsibility to obey the law "runs from the top down - right down to the crew member on the submarine".

If the president orders an illegal strike, anyone who carries out that order is potentially liable for war crimes.

The President did not order a strike.

They'd have a duty to say "no".

Yes, that is their duty. But this is not remotely like what actually happened. It is not their duty to assume he would or might order a strike. Nor is it their duty to warn and cooperate with an adversary as to what might happen. And worse, the adversary might act preemptively. The adversary may have strike plans of its own about which they won't warn anybody. Or a warning might actually incite it to strike first. Or it might give comfort to the enemy to know that someone of authority would give it a heads up on what he will or will not do. And give it the comfort to know that it is not in much danger of being nuked if it continues its plan to dominate the Pacific rim. It is certainly not the duty of a military officer to personally psychoanalyze the President and act upon his personal diagnosis. If the mental health of the President is in serious question, then it should be clinically and professionally tested.

Or if, as you suggest, "everyone around him" thought he was completely insane and acting like a God king and a danger to the country, it would have been easy to invoke the 25th amendment and remove him from office.

In the real world, it would not be an easy thing to stop.
First one officer says it is a war crime, he’s relieved of command and perhaps more till you get to Bork, who pushes the button because he believes the president has complete control without question.
An unprovoked nuclear strike with the accompanying collateral damage would be considered by most of the world to be a war crime, there’s no exception for the guy with a bigger button.

But this supposition is not what happened. And if we must act on such suppositions, then who is in charge? And on what grounds--supposition, maybe, shoulda woulda coulda? This is a recipe for chaos, which could even be more of a threat of war and self destruction. All manner of suppositions and possibilities could be conceived by such a lack of discipline and certainty of command.

It sounds like you're trying to rationalize his action and give it a sort of logical, rational, imprimatur of pro forma approval.

General Milley worked within the rules, luckily nothing happened.
The same concerns were there in the last days of the Nixon presidency.

Which rules? What rule says you must act in such a way without first having a conversation with the President about his intentions and discussing the Pros and Cons and legality of those intentions. What rule says you have a right to assume the President's intentions, or even the possibility of them, and to reach some agreement with an enemy about your suppositions.

As far as talking to his equal in the Chinese armed forces, the SECDEF knew, it happened in a room full of members of various agencies and a readout was produced and distributed.

He talked to his equal in the Chinese armed forces, but not to the President? The SECDEF knew but the President wasn't informed? This sounds like a coup. And a coup not founded on facts, but on supposed possibility. Where does such a procedure end? The President is the Commander in Chief. The SECDEF and the generals are under his command. If they can go around the President, in this presumed but unproven situation, what's to stop them in other and possibly all other situations? Just assume the President is crazy and so circumvent any possibility he has to act?

Now do TFGs meeting with Putin, with no one and no notes
I think you have already done that . . . more than once.

Last edited by detbuch; 09-18-2021 at 03:07 PM..
Old 09-18-2021, 03:12 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
I wasn't thinking impeachment. There is the easier route, the 25th Amendment. Pete said everyone around him thought Trump was insane and a danger to the country. Everyone around him also included important and powerful republican Senators and Congressmen as well as the Vice President. If, indeed, they all thought that Trump was insane and a danger to the country, they could easily have removed him via the 25th amendment.
Old 09-18-2021, 03:31 PM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I wasn't thinking impeachment. There is the easier route, the 25th Amendment. Pete said everyone around him thought Trump was insane and a danger to the country. Everyone around him also included important and powerful republican Senators and Congressmen as well as the Vice President. If, indeed, they all thought that Trump was insane and a danger to the country, they could easily have removed him via the 25th amendment.
Sure that might happen, Pence the orange man lap dog, your debate starts and ends from your perspective. We’re you in the room? Did you somehow get a briefing or full transcript? Sounds to me like these calls were to assure people Trump might seem unhinged, but we have rules in place to prevent things from happening. Good for him and I really don’t give a rats a*rse if you think otherwise.
Old 09-18-2021, 03:55 PM   #20
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Who the #^&#^&#^&#^& in their right mind could possibly be ready to defend, support, and bring Trump back to any political office in this country???? He, alone, has DESTROYED the Republican party. Talk about sheeple.... Look how the Republicans in Congress cower in fear of him. He said he wanted, and likely told, Mike Pence, to do the "right thing" during the certification of the electoral college. We know what that meant. We ALL know what he meant, including RR, Detbuch, and ScottW. Yet you back his immoral platform. This partisan chit is destroying the country, and maybe this site. No one is above criticism here, including Biden, OBama, and any other elected official you care to bring into the fight.
While I do have issues with Milley's actions from a constitutional view, I do think he did the right thing, in that moment, that period of time, to diffuse any possible wrong interpretation of what might come out of the Trump WH.
If the right ever wants to take back the White House, it better jettison Trump, now and forever, in order to be taken seriously by many former supporters of their platforms. Until Trump is gone for good, I will not in good conscience be able to support their candidates.
I am not going to proof, or rewrite this. Just shot from the hip because I am so damn mad at how he (Trump) screwed up a good thing, AND all these hangers on, like the OP, Ronnie, just want to snipe and pick, without offering any ideas as to how their side could be making things great again WITHOUT TRUMP....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 09-18-2021, 04:13 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well said Ross, it’s just sad, amazing and a bit frightening how this party has changed.
Old 09-18-2021, 04:35 PM   #22
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Well said Ross, it’s just sad, amazing and a bit frightening how this party has changed.
Yep, sad. I felt dirty for voting in that column for the first time in my life... And I have heard the same from many who would not ever want their vote share publicly... We had all voted for him once, but never again.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 09-18-2021, 06:16 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

“You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.” - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 09-18-2021, 08:30 PM   #24
redlite

Old 09-19-2021, 08:43 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Who the #^&#^&#^&#^& in their right mind could possibly be ready to defend, support, and bring Trump back to any political office in this country???? He, alone, has DESTROYED the Republican party. Talk about sheeple.... Look how the Republicans in Congress cower in fear of him. He said he wanted, and likely told, Mike Pence, to do the "right thing" during the certification of the electoral college. We know what that meant. We ALL know what he meant, including RR, Detbuch, and ScottW. Yet you back his immoral platform. This partisan chit is destroying the country, and maybe this site. No one is above criticism here, including Biden, OBama, and any other elected official you care to bring into the fight.
While I do have issues with Milley's actions from a constitutional view, I do think he did the right thing, in that moment, that period of time, to diffuse any possible wrong interpretation of what might come out of the Trump WH.
If the right ever wants to take back the White House, it better jettison Trump, now and forever, in order to be taken seriously by many former supporters of their platforms. Until Trump is gone for good, I will not in good conscience be able to support their candidates.
I am not going to proof, or rewrite this. Just shot from the hip because I am so damn mad at how he (Trump) screwed up a good thing, AND all these hangers on, like the OP, Ronnie, just want to snipe and pick, without offering any ideas as to how their side could be making things great again WITHOUT TRUMP....
i agree trump
running would be a disaster.

you’re acting like the party is in shambles, the numbers don’t say that. the democrats lost waaaaay more seats under obama, than the republicans lost to teump.

his platform? his platform was popular with all
but the dedicated left. cut taxes, grow the economy, add jobs, cheap gas, energy independence, clobbering terrorists, secure the border, set stock market records, no questionable wars. people, including a lot of independents, liked his platform. they hated his insanity and temper tantrums.

the platform was spot on, he was just the wrong person. but he might have been the only person who could have defeated hilary. and that was extremely important because he nominated three supreme court justices. god knows what madness he prevented by stopping her from nominating three scotus judges.

I can’t imagine he runs again, and if he wins the nomination, the party deserves the abyss it will get shoved into.

to do what he did with the economy, and still get his azz kicked at re-election, has to a send a message to people ( probably not to him) that he had his time, but his time is up.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-19-2021 at 08:52 AM..
Old 09-19-2021, 08:45 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
what frightens you, exactly? all those black people working?
Old 09-19-2021, 09:09 AM   #27
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
what frightens you, exactly? all those black people working?

Everything frightens these fools.
The biggest accomplishment Trump made as President is showing just how corrupt & big the Swamp is !!!
Democrats, Republicans, FBI, CIA, The Media, military leaders, judges & the courts.

The saying use to go
Money talks & bull#^&#^&#^&#^& walks.
Now it’s
Money & bull#^&#^&#^&#^& talks & honesty & truth walk.

I’m out of here.
#^&#^&#^&#^& this site.
Enjoy your Socialism.

John R
PLEASE BAN ME AGAIN
Old 09-19-2021, 10:51 AM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Everything frightens these fools.
The biggest accomplishment Trump made as President is showing just how corrupt & big the Swamp is !!!
Democrats, Republicans, FBI, CIA, The Media, military leaders, judges & the courts.

The saying use to go
Money talks & bull#^&#^&#^&#^& walks.
Now it’s
Money & bull#^&#^&#^&#^& talks & honesty & truth walk.

I’m out of here.
#^&#^&#^&#^& this site.
Enjoy your Socialism.

John R
PLEASE BAN ME AGAIN
That’s rich, corrupt, let’s do a head count of convicted or charged people in Trumps orbit vs Biden at the end of his term.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 09-19-2021 at 11:41 AM..
Old 09-19-2021, 10:57 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

As I said years ago, Trump will destroy the Republican Party.

Geoff Duncan and Anthony Gonzalez are walking, talking avatars for what the “Waiting for the World to Change” Republicans want the party to be: They are both conservative, savvy, and early in promising careers. There is an entire class of professional ostriches who have spent a half-decade wishing Trump away, downplaying the danger, and imagining that there is hope for a responsible conservative party once he magically disappears. Duncan and Gonzalez are just the kind of Republican electeds that that crowd wished for.

But they are now walking off the field in part over the violent, credible threats they received for not going along with Trump’s coup attempt that led to the sacking of the Capitol. They are set to be replaced by the likes of Max Miller, avatars of deplorable Trumpism.

As for what’s next, Gonzalez told the Times, “I don’t believe [Trump] can ever be president again. . . . Most of my political energy will be spent working on that exact goal.”

Having seen the ugly face of the Trumpist GOP firsthand, Gonzalez understands the stakes and the peril.

I hope he understands the political implications of his statement. It’s long past time for those who want the GOP to be a party of Anthony Gonzalezes, not a party of Donald Trump Jr. fanboys, to take their heads out of the sand. The Republican party is a pro-insurrection Trump cult and anyone who is not on board is cast aside.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:59 AM   #30
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
i agree trump
running would be a disaster.

you’re acting like the party is in shambles, the numbers don’t say that. the democrats lost waaaaay more seats under obama, than the republicans lost to teump.

his platform? his platform was popular with all
but the dedicated left. cut taxes, grow the economy, add jobs, cheap gas, energy independence, clobbering terrorists, secure the border, set stock market records, no questionable wars. people, including a lot of independents, liked his platform. they hated his insanity and temper tantrums.

the platform was spot on, he was just the wrong person. but he might have been the only person who could have defeated hilary. and that was extremely important because he nominated three supreme court justices. god knows what madness he prevented by stopping her from nominating three scotus judges.

I can’t imagine he runs again, and if he wins the nomination, the party deserves the abyss it will get shoved into.

to do what he did with the economy, and still get his azz kicked at re-election, has to a send a message to people ( probably not to him) that he had his time, but his time is up.
I am not going to disagree with most of this. BUT, the party is in shambles..... and it will be tied to Trump until they denounce him and stop running so scared.
As for Jim's comment... about being scared of black people working??? I just don't see any logic in your reasoning to draw such a conclusion.
Ronnie, you are and always have been all in or nothing. Your way or the highway. Suit yourself. But the great majority of America and I believe, S-B, ain't going to bow down to socialism.... But we are pissed off. PO'd about the same corruption you mention in your good-bye post. But I do not see how you connect the dots with Trump showing us all how corrupt things are. Unless, unless you mean his inner circle of advisors, attorneys, and employees who were indicted and or jailed.... You just can't have it both ways. Time to get off the Trump wagon and regroup behind someone who is mentally competent and has demonstrated that they can work with people who they might disagree with, yet still get something done for the greater good.