Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2021, 07:04 AM   #121
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And once again Jim misses the boat complete , but reinforces the GOP and conservatives world views

If you say nothing and do less then GOP can never be accused of being a hypocrites

How did I know you find the simplest justification for Trumps behavior..




Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
nooooo. the point was, you called Trump a climate change hypocrite because he has a big carbon footprint. Thatís ridiculous, because trump us t demanding that we all make sacrifices that he wonít make.

i agree the gop doesnít care much about climate change. but if you also know that, then you should know that means trump can fly private and not be a hypocrite. But flying private does make Obama and Al Gore hypocrites.


Letís see if you have the courage to answer a question. If liberals are right about the threat of climate change, and if everyone lived like Obama ( multiple
mansions that have to be heated and cooled all the time, private jets), where would the world be?

Let me predict your answer: Jim is an idiot who doesnít care if the planet melts and we all dieÖ.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:10 AM   #122
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

So you actually think the reddest of red states have porno books In their schools and your buying this stunt from 4 wheels ?



Or Maybe Aboott should ban phones and internet,


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Earth to WayneÖThere are very blue places within red Texas, Wayne. The cities tend to be blue.

I donít know whether or not thereís sexually explicit books in kids schools there. neither do you. Yet your ignorance on the matter didnít prevent you from calling Abbott a liar, because you hate republicans that much. you donít need evidence, republicans are lying every single time they try to gain political point. Right? The republican must always be wrong, not 99% of the time, but 100% of the time.


Yea abbott wants to ban the internet. Once again, when you lose the point, you respond to some ridiculous extreme nonsense that no one ever said.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:23 AM   #123
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,312
I was at dinner with a bunch of life-long democrats last night...one of them happens to be from Virginia...I've never agreed with them on much politically...it was fun to sit and listen to them talk about how wokeness is out of control, me too is out of control...racial stuff is out of control...too many homeless occupying the hotels rooms they used to be able to get at a reasonable rate because they are being rented by the state for the indigent(one was having trouble finding affordable accommodations).....what a mess everything is thanks to members of their own party...it was a surreal experience...I just smiled a lot...

Last edited by scottw; 11-11-2021 at 07:38 AM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:39 AM   #124
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Earth to WayneÖ

Yea abbott wants to ban the internet.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
technically it's "the internets"
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:25 AM   #125
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
technically it's "the internets"
a lot of parents donít want sexually explicit stuff shoved in front of little kids. If democrats want to respond by telling those parents that they just arenít sophisticated enough to see that smut for the brilliant and enlightened art that it is, democrats can go ahead and do that. Maybe itís a winning strategy, maybe itís not.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:33 AM   #126
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
a lot of parents don’t want sexually explicit stuff shoved in front of little kids. If democrats want to respond by telling those parents that they just aren’t sophisticated enough to see that smut for the brilliant and enlightened art that it is, democrats can go ahead and do that. Maybe it’s a winning strategy, maybe it’s not.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I encourage democrats, particularly the woke crowd, to keep telling other people that they are too stupid to run their own lives and make decisions for themselves: and their families...that never ends well for the lecturing class
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:37 AM   #127
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I encourage democrats, particularly the woke crowd, to keep telling other people that they are too stupid to run their own lives and make decisions for themselves: and their families...that never ends well for the lecturing class
agreed. just ask Governor McAuliffe.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:48 AM   #128
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
agreed. just ask Governor McAuliffe.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think it was the awful dancing that did him in
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:28 PM   #129
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I encourage democrats, particularly the woke crowd, to keep telling other people that they are too stupid to run their own lives and make decisions for themselves: and their families...that never ends well for the lecturing class
You can always listen to josh

Hawley: "As conservatives, we've got to call men back to responsibility. We've got to say that spending your time not working...spending your time on video games, spending your time watching porn online...is not good for you, your family or this country."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:33 PM   #130
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Earth to WayneÖThere are very blue places within red Texas, Wayne. The cities tend to be blue.

I donít know whether or not thereís sexually explicit books in kids schools there. neither do you. Yet your ignorance on the matter didnít prevent you from calling Abbott a liar, because you hate republicans that much. you donít need evidence, republicans are lying every single time they try to gain political point. Right? The republican must always be wrong, not 99% of the time, but 100% of the time.


Yea abbott wants to ban the internet. Once again, when you lose the point, you respond to some ridiculous extreme nonsense that no one ever said.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Oh so now porn is only in the blue parts of Texas ..

And can you read ?

I said should ban

Not he is banning! Or wants to Ban
But it is a logical next step.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:39 PM   #131
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
a lot of parents donít want sexually explicit stuff shoved in front of little kids. If democrats want to respond by telling those parents that they just arenít sophisticated enough to see that smut for the brilliant and enlightened art that it is, democrats can go ahead and do that. Maybe itís a winning strategy,



Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
donít know whether or not thereís sexually explicit books in kids schools there. neither do you.

What happened Jim you seem pretty sure thatís whatís happening

If democrats want to respond by telling those parents that they just arenít sophisticated enough to see that smut for the brilliant and enlightened art that it is,

Wow itís amazing in how deep your rabbit hole goes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 05:18 PM   #132
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
don’t know whether or not there’s sexually explicit books in kids schools there. neither do you.
I checked out both books in question. There is some graphic content but it's nothing a teenager would get scarred by, hell, consider what they can see online even with content filters.

The more important thing is these books deal with LGBT issues as the authors discuss the challenges they had coming of age. That is the real reason they want the books banned...to de-legitimize LGBT people.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:12 AM   #133
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I checked out both books in question. There is some graphic content but it's nothing a teenager would get scarred by, hell, consider what they can see online even with content filters.
this is your opinion....which is well.......funny what some think will "scar" a youth and what will not
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 07:06 AM   #134
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I checked out both books in question. There is some graphic content but it's nothing a teenager would get scarred by, hell, consider what they can see online even with content filters.

The more important thing is these books deal with LGBT issues as the authors discuss the challenges they had coming of age. That is the real reason they want the books banned...to de-legitimize LGBT people.
you read both books?

my 8th grader read a book where a girl told her friend, she desperately wanted her boyfriend to eat her p*ssy. she shaved, so that he wouldnít get hair in his teeth. not exactly ďitís a far far better thing that i do, than i have ever doneĒ, but maybe it has a certain flair to it.

my son wasnít scarred in the least. But that doesnít mean it belongs in a public school. there are plenty of terrific books out there that donít have x-rated pages within them.

this isnít rocket science. and itís only divisive because your side can never, ever, under any circumstances, concede that the right can be correct in anything. Youíre not confident enough in your beliefs to admit that both sides can have good ideas . youíre all so desperately clinging to an ideology thatís becoming exponentially weirder and more extreme by the day, that any and all dissent must be dismisses as lunacy.

no one said kids are permanently scarred by this crap. just that there are far better books kids can read.

but you canít respond to that, because itís too logical and obvious.

ďthatís the real reason they want books banned.Ē. right, because youíre so good at understanding the motives behind those with whom you disagree.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 02:08 PM   #135
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 10,562
Virginia's Spotsylvania County School Board voted 6-0 earlier this week to order public school libraries to remove and catalog all "sexually explicit" books from their libraries, after a parent at one high school complained about "LGBTQIA" fiction prominently displayed in the school's digital library app, The Free Lance-Star reports.

Two of the board members wanted to go farther, the Free Lance-Star reports. "I think we should throw those books in a fire," said one member.

Wonder if he burned his kids Kindle?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 02:53 PM   #136
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Virginia's Spotsylvania County School Board voted 6-0 earlier this week to order public school libraries to remove and catalog all "sexually explicit" books from their libraries, after a parent at one high school complained about "LGBTQIA" fiction prominently displayed in the school's digital library app, The Free Lance-Star reports.

Two of the board members wanted to go farther, the Free Lance-Star reports. "I think we should throw those books in a fire," said one member.

Wonder if he burned his kids Kindle?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How about teaching K-12 a good dose of civics, the Constitution, unalienable individual rights rather than shaving "pu$$ies" so boyfriends can eat them. And an even larger dose of math, communication skills, history, and intros to science and the scientific method.

How about leaving psychological and behavioral and other social sciences (which are disputable and usually controversial) to more advanced and elective education.

If being able to find it on Kindl and TV and the internet and bookstores and movies is a reason or defence for inserting it in public elementary and high schools, then their should be no reason or objection to having intelligent design, for instance, available as reading material and discussion as well. There is no end of what should be available in the schools if it can be found elsewhere.

It is difficult enough to rigorously teach the basic skills that will be necessary in adult life without spending time on froth. And I think it is right and necessary for all adults, especially parents, to insist that their taxes be spent on learning to learn and learning what will be essential for becoming a well functioning, responsible, adult.

The other stuff should be a matter of choice, and studied, observed, or practiced by well grounded adults
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:22 PM   #137
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 10,562
Sure Intelligent Design, a little conversion therapy, some bioethics and watch out for the Green Dragon.
Just keep living the Purpose-driven Life of Unreality.

ďWe are all sufferers from history, but the paranoid is a double sufferer, since he is afflicted not only by the real world with the rest of us, but by his fantasies as wellĒ
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:31 PM   #138
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Sure Intelligent Design, a little conversion therapy, some bioethics and watch out for the Green Dragon.
Just keep living the Purpose-driven Life of Unreality.

But it can be found on Kindle. Would you burn your kids' Kindle?

“We are all sufferers from history, but the paranoid is a double sufferer, since he is afflicted not only by the real world with the rest of us, but by his fantasies as well”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
God, that quote sounds so much like you and your never ending Trump paranoias and fantasies expressed on this forum.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:29 AM   #139
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,508
my 8th grader read a book.

How about the name of the Book where he read it or who gave it to him and the school it came from? Was it a friends book ?

All important question left out?



Not so long ago

Harry Potter books banned from US school library because they Ďconjure evil spiritsí

Who wanted them banned the faithful aka religious people
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:54 AM   #140
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post



Not so long ago

Harry Potter books banned from US school library because they ‘conjure evil spirits’

Who wanted them banned the faithful aka religious people

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
be honest....one Catholic school in Nashville did this....there are legitimate questions in schools throughout the country regarding some of this other material that you are quick to dismiss ....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 12:03 PM   #141
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
be honest....one Catholic school in Nashville did this....there are legitimate questions in schools throughout the country regarding some of this other material that you are quick to dismiss ....
I know these book just showed up when Biden took office ... funny how that always seems to be the case after Republicans lose the White House.. then it starts all over again
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 12:24 PM   #142
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I know these book just showed up when Biden took office ... funny how that always seems to be the case after Republicans lose the White House.. then it starts all over again
parents began to notice many of these issues as a result of having more involvement with their kids and their education as a result of covid and it's not new it's just hitting a breaking point
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 03:42 PM   #143
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
parents began to notice many of these issues as a result of having more involvement with their kids and their education as a result of covid and it's not new it's just hitting a breaking point
In the latest call from Republican leaders to ban certain books in schools, South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster is telling his state's department of education to investigate a graphic novel on queer identity being available at a school's library. He says the content in the book is "sexually explicit" and "pornographic."

Fear and hysteria hiding behind piety.. conservatives at there very worse
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 04:05 PM   #144
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
In the latest call from Republican leaders to ban certain books in schools, South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster is telling his state's department of education to investigate a graphic novel on queer identity being available at a school's library. He says the content in the book is "sexually explicit" and "pornographic."

Fear and hysteria hiding behind piety.. conservatives at there very worse
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If it is graphic, sexually explicit and pornographicÖ..shouldnít they at least investigate?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 04:36 PM   #145
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
parents began to notice many of these issues as a result of having more involvement with their kids and their education as a result of covid and it's not new it's just hitting a breaking point
thatís exactly what it was, covid. but he had to make it seem like itís an attack against Biden, it just canít be that any parent could
have a legitimate gripe.

We may get to a point where public schoolteachers are a political
liability for democrats. Incredible to think about.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:53 AM   #146
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
If it is graphic, sexually explicit and pornographic…..shouldn’t they at least investigate?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You dont see Scott? this is going down the Path of Voter Fraud .. .. A few people claiming these Book exist and are poisoning children's Minds no evidence all conjecture

with the same flawed rational (shouldn’t they at least investigate?)

Republican Gov and legislatures like Lemmings in different states suddenly start changing laws to solve a problem that doesn't exist .. giving these actions misleading names
like Voter integrity ..

“The presence of pornography in schools is not only inappropriate, but it is also against the law,” Abbott wrote.( no kidding all parents dont want pornin schools) but that's not the point he is making is it! its liberals are dangerous ) of course without providing any evidence it exist

It’s unclear how the governor is defining pornography or obscene content. imagine That

Heightened scrutiny over how schools teach history -- and whether it was patriotic enough or
GOP’s Banning of Books and Attack on Teachers Expose the Party’s Rising Fascism and Nationalism

Jim statement re enforces theses attacks on teachers "We may get to a point where public school teachers are a political
liability for democrats. Incredible to think about." No Jim its your party's plan to sow doubt in anything outside of the GOP ... and you are falling for it...

Last edited by wdmso; 11-14-2021 at 09:04 AM..
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:09 AM   #147
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You dont see Scott? this is going down the Path of Voter Fraud .. .. A few people claiming these Book exist and are poisoning children's Minds no evidence all conjecture

with the same flawed rational (shouldnít they at least investigate?)

Republican Gov and legislatures like Lemmings in different states suddenly start changing laws to solve a problem that doesn't exist .. giving these actions misleading names
like Voter integrity ..

ďThe presence of pornography in schools is not only inappropriate, but it is also against the law,Ē Abbott wrote.( no kidding all parents dont want pornin schools) but that's not the point he is making is it! its liberals are dangerous ) of course without providing any evidence it exist

Itís unclear how the governor is defining pornography or obscene content. imagine That

Heightened scrutiny over how schools teach history -- and whether it was patriotic enough or
GOPís Banning of Books and Attack on Teachers Expose the Partyís Rising Fascism and Nationalism

Jim statement re enforces theses attacks on teachers "We may get to a point where public school teachers are a political
liability for democrats. Incredible to think about." No Jim its your party's plan to sow doubt in anything outside of the GOP ... and you are falling for it...
that's a lot of rambling with out much of a point...
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:15 AM   #148
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,718
wayne, what do you mean no evidence? parents are reading from these books at school board meetings. youíre saying theyíre making it up? the school boards arenít denying these books are in the schools.

you were the one ok with banning to kill a mockingbird. but itís not rational to ban valueless smut?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:26 AM   #149
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

wayne, what do you mean no evidence? parents are reading from these books at school board meetings. youíre saying theyíre making it up? the school boards arenít denying these books are in the schools.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
yeah and the school boards have to tell them to stop reading because it's inappropriate

I wonder if Wayne realizes he's defending inappropriate books full of pornography being available to school children in one thread while upset in another thread that a guy who performed oral sex on a bunch of 9 year olds got shot....

interesting
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #150
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
yeah and the school boards have to tell them to stop reading because it's inappropriate

I wonder if Wayne realizes he's defending inappropriate books full of pornography being available to school children in one thread while upset in another thread that a guy who performed oral sex on a bunch of 9 year olds got shot....

interesting
exactly! the school boards are saying the language is inappropriate.

this is why people
say liberalism is a mental disorder. he canít even concede this is happening, because it might paint liberalism unfavorably, and that can never be allowed.

these people
donít merely ďbelieveĒ in liberalism, they are enslaved to it, they are possessed by it. every single one of them except rock hound.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com