Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 05-09-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
Clogston29
xxx

Where will Jr. end up?

What do you guys think? DEI, RCR, Hendrick, other?

I'm hoping for RCR, seams to make sense since Hendrick already has four cars. Hendrick's recent domination has got to have alot of impact though. When it comes down to it though, I think that in equal equipment Jr. and Eury can't hand with Johnson and Kanaus.

The whole possible merger with RYR seams like a desperation move on DEI's part to set themselves up for life post Jr.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
boot man

My opinion? He'll end up with 51+% ownership in DEI, so he can carry on the Old Man's name.

With no Junior , DEI would be worth a lot less. I think it's good for the sport if stays out of RCR or Hendrick, part of his appealk is he battles the juggernaut teams hard every week.
boot man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:30 AM   #3
Clogston29
xxx

Or Jr. Motorsports with Hendrick Power (and his teamate)

From Jayski:

Dale Jr. & Truex to JR Motorsports? press conference at 11am/et UPDATE 2: Dave Moody reported on Wednesday afternoon's Sirius Speedway that rumor has it that Dale Earnhardt Jr. will announce tomorrow [Thurs, May 10th] at JR Motorsports, that both he and #1-Martin Truex, Jr. will drive in the Nextel Cup Series for JR Motorsports in 2008. Hendrick Motorsports will provide engines for the team. A press conference is planned for 11:00am/et at JR Motorsports headquarters per a PR from the team and SPEED will interrupt regularly scheduled programming to go LIVE from the JR Motorsports race shop at 11:00am/et for a news conference with NASCAR Nextel Cup Series driver Dale Earnhardt Jr.(5-9-2007)
UPDATE: Earnhardt Jr., NASCAR's biggest star, has been in contract negotiations with his current employer, Dale Earnhardt Inc., and is asking for 51% ownership of the team. But the location of the press conference, at JR Motorsports, which Earnhardt Jr. owns separately from DEI, indicates his future plans might not include DEI. Earnhardt Jr., who was at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Wednesday evening for a sponsor appearance, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he planned to talk about "some ideas I've got for the future" but would not elaborate. Officials from DEI did not return phone calls seeking comment. But Earnhardt Jr., answering questions from fans at an event held by his sponsor Budweiser, indicated that his plans for JR Motorsports might not include adding two Nextel Cup cars. He said his main goal in being a team owner is to be able to help young drivers and mechanics advance their careers. "I don't want the company to get too big," he said. "I've got about 70 employees now, and I don't want to get too many more." He also seemed to squelch another persistent rumor — that he was headed to Richard Childress Racing to drive the #3 Chevrolet made famous by his late father. "'I'd like to do it for a year or two at the end of my career, when I'm 50 or 55," he said.(Atlanta Journal-Constitution)(5-9-2007)
UPDATE 2: Dale Earnhardt Jr. officially will say goodbye to Dale Earnhardt Inc. on Thursday morning. A highly placed source within DEI as well as additional sources familiar with the situation told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday afternoon that both Junior and teammate Martin Truex Jr. will announce Thursday morning that they are leaving the DEI camp at the end of this season and will drive for Earnhardt's heretofore Busch Series operation, JR Motorsports. Sources at Hendrick Motorsports reportedly disavowed knowledge of a pending partnership. Also, various reports have indicated that Earnhardt Jr. will announce his plans to leave DEI, but that he won't necessarily be driving for a JR Motorsports team in association with Hendrick. Sources tell Yahoo! Sports that Earnhardt Jr.'s primary sponsor, Budweiser, will follow Junior to JR Motorsports or wherever he lands. Budweiser's contract with DEI is due to expire at the end of 2008, but Yahoo! Sports sources believe there are provisions within the contract for an early exit if Earnhardt Jr. does not drive the #8 Chevrolet for DEI. There has been no comment thus far from either DEI president Teresa Earnhardt (Dale Jr.'s stepmother) or company director of global operations Max Siegel. Truex's contract with DEI reportedly runs through 2008, though '08 might be only an option year on his deal with the team. It also is possible Truex has an out tied to primary sponsor Bass Pro Shops' future with the DEI. Sources have told Yahoo! Sports that the sponsor has explored moving to a different team after this season.(Yahoo!Sports)(5-10-2007)

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Old 05-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
SBASS1

I guess this sticks a fork in DEI!!! They'll be lucky to qualify for Daytona next year.
SBASS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
basswipe

Poor Redhats.

Better start selling your crap now.No more red 8s on the back windshield.

No one believed me when I said this two years ago and now look..........

Another great thing the "Red Hat" crew will refuse to except:He will be Jeff Gordon's team mate.Trust me this is something the redhats are gonna have to deal with.Jeff will take him under his wing and Rick will give him the means to finally become a champion.

This is one of the only times I can truly say I was right,y'all were wrong.I KNEW this was going to happen and no one believed me.

As Nelson Muntz once said:HA HA!

Poor Redhats.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #6
Uncle Matt

I'm guessing behind the wheel of a car and making lots of money. He will spend the remainder of his life taking "many" left hand turns.

"Love is like a snowmobile racing across the tundra then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
Matt Groening, Life In Hell
Uncle Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:28 AM   #7
boot man

Silly step-mom. Now she owns 100% of nothing instead of 49% of something.

The red will stay with him, only the # will change. One small piece of tape makes the 8 into a 3.
boot man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:59 AM   #8
Clogston29
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Poor Redhats.

Better start selling your crap now.No more red 8s on the back windshield.

No one believed me when I said this two years ago and now look..........

Another great thing the "Red Hat" crew will refuse to except:He will be Jeff Gordon's team mate.Trust me this is something the redhats are gonna have to deal with.Jeff will take him under his wing and Rick will give him the means to finally become a champion.

This is one of the only times I can truly say I was right,y'all were wrong.I KNEW this was going to happen and no one believed me.

As Nelson Muntz once said:HA HA!

Poor Redhats.
Fox is reporting that its a done deal that he's going to RCR to drive the 33 Budweiser car

RCR needed another car to really try to compete and Jr., Harvick, Burton, Bowyer sounds pretty good to me as an RCR fan.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #9
spence

As an aside, my company does a lot of work with Hendrick Motorsports

http://www.ugs.com/CaseStudyWeb/disp...dy.html?id=184

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #10
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogston29 View Post
Fox is reporting that its a done deal that he's going to RCR to drive the 33 Budweiser car

RCR needed another car to really try to compete and Jr., Harvick, Burton, Bowyer sounds pretty good to me as an RCR fan.
That's a big negative.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...ton/index.html

He can go anywhere he wants.$$$ will be the deciding factor and Hendrick has the most $ and the winning org.Also has the COT figured out.

Don't be surprised to see a Jr. mint in the 5 car next year.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote