Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I am not opposed of increasing taxes on the uberwealthy, or even paying some more myself. But I REFUSE to see it pi$$ed away the way the Dems will do.

There is a balance and we are so far from that balance it is crazy. Sorry for the drive-by post but working
See, you and I could run the country I agree we spend too much in general, but I also see the facts that show we cannot cut our way out of the deficit. The longer it goes on, the worse it gets. Also, a recession or the beginning of a recovery is economically the wrong time to make drastic cuts. If the current Republicans would have budged even a little bit on taxes for the very highest earners, congress and the president could at least work some things out. The influence of the tea party and election politics prevented that from happening.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
See, you and I could run the country I agree we spend too much in general, but I also see the facts that show we cannot cut our way out of the deficit. The longer it goes on, the worse it gets. Also, a recession or the beginning of a recovery is economically the wrong time to make drastic cuts. If the current Republicans would have budged even a little bit on taxes for the very highest earners, congress and the president could at least work some things out. The influence of the tea party and election politics prevented that from happening.
PFFFFTTTT!!!! ( )

Pelosi, Reed, and Frank have no desire to cut on where we spend MOST of the money. They want to cut defense in order to free MORE money for entitlements.

We've been paying for SS / Medicare for our professional lives and they have been borrowing against that to fuel other stuff - like spending more than we take in.

I do agree that now is a tough time to make cuts BUTTTTTT the times when it was good to make cuts the left side of the aisle SPENT MORE MONEY. THEY REGULATED to the nth degree and have stifled rather than fostered innovation.

They have put more and more teat out there for the mob to suckle on.

I used to be a Dem, now I am independent. I refuse to be associated with EITHER party as both are just pocketing the donations and catering to the lobbyists.

At least the Tea Party wants us to stop spending like drunken sailors. They want us to go back to our roots a bit that some smart guys figured out a couple hundred years ago. The left wants to keep kicking the can down the road (I used to love that phrase but it was worn down the past few months) time and time again and point fingers like little sissy 'yotches blaming everyone else but themselves. They REFUSE to buckle down and get something done.

Personally I would like to see 80% of both parties tossed in the klink as enemies foriegn AND DOMESTIC.

Sorry - getting worked up but I do weep for my country.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
PFFFFTTTT!!!! ( )

I do agree that now is a tough time to make cuts BUTTTTTT the times when it was good to make cuts the left side of the aisle SPENT MORE MONEY. THEY REGULATED to the nth degree and have stifled rather than fostered innovation.
2001-2009? That was the left spending the money?

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Thermal Imaging Reveals Occupy London Camp Mostly Empty at Night | Video | TheBlaze.com

Found this kind of damning... Can't even do a protest right... Too dependent on their technology. Probably in a comfy hotel charging their Iphones and drinking a $6 cup of Starbucks... We're getting multiple generations letting their smart phones do ALL their thinking and answering. Get lost in a corn maze or apple orchard, just whip out your Iphone and call 911..... The future looks bleak to me on many fronts. Occupy WS is but the latest demonstration of our nation's continuing downward spiral.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
2001-2009? That was the left spending the money?
Some of it - GWB wasn't slow to flow the money either - doesn't make it right.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: