Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-01-2008, 03:43 AM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

10 MILLION

NOTHING surprises me anymore.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Kick her ass to the street cuz if she's illegal she aint got a SS number which means she PROBABLY AINT PAYIN TAXES.

Public Housing TO BOOT. Obama kiss my fat hairy ass just another reason to not vote for distributing my future wealth...
Old 11-01-2008, 05:56 AM   #2
slapshot

That is why she "couldn't speak to the media until after the election". What a stinking pile of horse crap this is.

bluefish Jihadist
Old 11-01-2008, 06:44 AM   #3
scottw

hey, leave her alone...didn't you read the AP article ??? she's been living "QUIETLY"...and illegally and on the public dole for years and probably voting...what is the problem??? Don't turn selfishness into a virtue, mind your own business ??? The real question is, WHO RELEASE THIS INFORMATION??? and invaded this woman's privacy and peaceful enjoyment of living here illegally and on public assistance during her later years after being ordered to leave the country....someone need to be prosecuted for using government computers to look into the backgroud of a private non-citizen who is not supposed to be here, she has rights you know!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:11 AM   #4
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

scottw

If there's 10 million people here illegally how many could be in public housing and living off your tax dollars. I think this should be a priority of whoever becomes pres. to start shipping them back and eliminating the problem. Cost us a CRAPLOAD less to charter a jet plane and send them back to where they came from than it would to keep supporting them here. Melting pot or no melting pot.

I'm willing to bet that crime rates would go down, our jails would be emptier...and this country in general would be in much better condition.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:34 AM   #5
scottw

you make too much sense......what really we need is justification for greater funding of every imaginable social program to make as many individuals(legal and illegal... but there's really no difference...we're all citizens of the world) as possible dependent on government services for most every aspect of their lives which are provided in as many languages as required by the ACLU so that the system can eventually be corrupted and overwhelmed to the point that it collapses....and then...from the ashes....OBAMA WILL REMAKE AMERIKA !!! you can't see me but I'm making the Obama salute right now....
Old 11-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
Nebe

Obama spent 1 month with his dad from Kenya.. the rest of his life, he was alone with his mom...Why would Obama be expected to have anything to do with his dad's side of the family???

Old 11-01-2008, 08:03 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Obama spent 1 month with his dad from Kenya.. the rest of his life, he was alone with his mom...Why would Obama be expected to have anything to do with his dad's side of the family???

Because it scores points with the base!

The thing about illegal immigration is that it's an easy issue to comprehend. Violate the law = bad...issue over.

Don't mention that we've made it much harder for legal entry to come here and work which has hurt our economy and kept white collar jobs in India and China.

Don't mention that migrant (often illegal) workers in the ag industry are extremely productive and in very short supply.

Don't mention that most illegals from what I've read actually come here to work and find a better life.

The real problem here is that the issue isn't taken seriously as the solution is in the middle. Illegals to contribute a lot to our economy, but it's impossible to really measure because they are kept off of the books by the Government. This isn't to say we should make them citizens, but the anti efforts to kick them out mean they're always going to be part of a sub-culture while at the same time many businesses wouldn't function as well without them.

As for Obama's aunt. I sure know I'd rather live in Boston than Kenya

-spence
Old 11-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #8
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Think of all the plug companies there would be if we introduced all the illegals to building lures
Old 11-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
Think of all the plug companies there would be if we introduced all the illegals to building lures
That's sort of my point. I can't in good faith blame the individual for wanting to better their life of care for a family. There is a solution by regulating the businesses that give them jobs and take the fact that they're here seriously. This does require that we admit there is a value to have them here though.

Combine this with better border security (no fence though) and we have a workable long-term solution where everybody wins.

-spence
Old 11-01-2008, 08:11 AM   #10
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
Old 11-01-2008, 08:52 AM   #11
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Funny how such a simple issue can't be resolved, eh? Even for simple people?

"The thing about illegal immigration is that it's an easy issue to comprehend. Violate the law = bad...issue over." Ummm, yeh. Action = Break the law, Result = pay consequences. Kinda sorta why civilization has developed a little in the past few thousand years.

Looking to make a better life is a worthy goal. Most of our forefathers were looking to do exactly the same thing, most of our forefathers came through the front door. Cool.

Looking to make a better life better by illegally entering a country and finding a way to make the local working stiffs ( us ) pay taxes to allow public assistance programs pay for their better life - Uncool.

You actively and intentionally break numerous laws to gain entry in the US and then you will become a model citizen? Ahh, yeh, sure.

Some will, sure. But most,

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-01-2008, 09:08 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Looking to make a better life better by illegally entering a country and finding a way to make the local working stiffs ( us ) pay taxes to allow public assistance programs pay for their better life - Uncool.
Do you think people trying to enter this country (or stay) illegally put this much thought into it?

-spence
Old 11-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #13
fishbones

Spence, you would make a great politician. You can spin anything to make it seem better or worse depending on your own opinion. In fact, maybe I'll refer to you as "Spince" going forward. Just kidding.

As a country, we're partly to blame for illegals wanting to come here. We've made it attractive and easy to move here and integrate into our society, with the consequences and risk of being caught minimal. I have no problem with any citizen wanting to legally move here to make a better life for themselves and their family. But, to do it illegally is just wrong. I couldn't just pack up my family and move to Italy and get a job and home and start a life. Also, with the risk of terrorism as high as it is these days, we need to be more protective of our country and who is allowed to come here and stay here.

On the Cape, there are plenty of Brazilians illegally living and working. They're taking jobs from legal citizens and although they spend money on the Cape, they send a big portion of it home. This is not good for our economy. I know this as a fact. I also know that many of them don't attempt to become legal because attorney's charge upwards of $4,500 to $5,000 to help them become legal and it takes a long time. Go down to Barnstable District court and see how many Brazilians are in court and being charged for driving without a license and other crimes. While dwl may not seem like a big deal to you, it puts cars on the road that usually aren't insured and they aren't paying any money to the state for registrations, licenses, excise tax, etc...And if they have an accident, there's no insurance company to pay for it. That hurts the economy.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 11-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #14
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Do you think people trying to enter this country (or stay) illegally put this much thought into it?

-spence
No, and therein lies part of the rub. For the huddled masses yearning to breathe free and make a better life for themselves and their families, it is crucial and it is simply the right thing to do to make this change the legal way. The object is to become American, a citizen of the United States. Not to exploit other Americans, and to exploit the United States. Come here and work with me, be my friend, and help us build our country, what is supposed to be the greatest nation on earth - for all of its failings. Come to take advantage of my country, to not be my friend, or to exploit my freinds, yeh, I have a problem with that - there is the door

Too much to ask? A little sacrifice perhaps to better one's self AND one's new country? To actually abide by the laws of the new place you want to call home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Spence, you would make a great politician. You can spin anything to make it seem better or worse depending on your own opinion. In fact, maybe I'll refer to you as "Spince" going forward. Just kidding.
Noticed this myself in response to any contrary thinking. Lots of "I see your point", "your making my point", "similar to where I was going but,..." Yes, Spince is good. We like you Spince, but you do often seem to operate from a Talking Points approach instead of from the heart or mind or perhaps even core beliefs - or is the Talking Point the core belief?? .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
As a country, we're partly to blame for illegals wanting to come here. We've made it attractive and easy to move here and integrate into our society, with the consequences and risk of being caught minimal. I have no problem with any citizen wanting to legally move here to make a better life for themselves and their family. But, to do it illegally is just wrong. I couldn't just pack up my family and move to Italy and get a job and home and start a life. Also, with the risk of terrorism as high as it is these days, we need to be more protective of our country and who is allowed to come here and stay here.

On the Cape, there are plenty of Brazilians illegally living and working. They're taking jobs from legal citizens and although they spend money on the Cape, they send a big portion of it home. This is not good for our economy. I know this as a fact. I also know that many of them don't attempt to become legal because attorney's charge upwards of $4,500 to $5,000 to help them become legal and it takes a long time. Go down to Barnstable District court and see how many Brazilians are in court and being charged for driving without a license and other crimes. While dwl may not seem like a big deal to you, it puts cars on the road that usually aren't insured and they aren't paying any money to the state for registrations, licenses, excise tax, etc...And if they have an accident, there's no insurance company to pay for it. That hurts the economy.
I don't think we are to blame for making our country attractive, our country should be attractive and it should be more accessible to those that come through legally. Otherwise, I agree with you

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-01-2008, 11:08 AM   #15
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Spence would be the best dressed politician you've ever seen
Old 11-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #16
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

very well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
No, and therein lies part of the rub. For the huddled masses yearning to breathe free and make a better life for themselves and their families, it is crucial and it is simply the right thing to do to make this change the legal way. The object is to become American, a citizen of the United States. Not to exploit other Americans, and to exploit the United States. Come here and work with me, be my friend, and help us build our country, what is supposed to be the greatest nation on earth - for all of its failings. Come to take advantage of my country, to not be my friend, or to exploit my freinds, yeh, I have a problem with that - there is the door

Too much to ask? A little sacrifice perhaps to better one's self AND one's new country? To actually abide by the laws of the new place you want to call home?

Noticed this myself in response to any contrary thinking. Lots of "I see your point", "your making my point", "similar to where I was going but,..." Yes, Spince is good. We like you Spince, but you do often seem to operate from a Talking Points approach instead of from the heart or mind or perhaps even core beliefs - or is the Talking Point the core belief?? .

I don't think we are to blame for making our country attractive, our country should be attractive and it should be more accessible to those that come through legally. Otherwise, I agree with you
Old 11-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #17
Nebe

Obama has mentioned creating something like the WPA from back in the 30's.. I would love to see those that are in this country legally or illegally be involved in something like this. Look at the conditions of our roads and bridges.. I think this is a great solution to get millions of people off of welfare.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #18
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

and convicts too nebe let the %$%$%$%$bums earn their keeps.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #19
Joe

And let's save a trillion or two by not going into Iran.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #20
Raven

Thumbs up

10 million people suddenly not buying gasoline in the usa sounds attractive.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #21
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

"Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Saturday he didn't know that one of his relatives was living in Boston illegally and believes the appropriate laws should be followed."

SO does that mean if he wins that he will follow the law as supreme commander and bounce the beyotch out on her butt? Nah I didn't think so.

"Onyango's case — coming to light just days before the presidential election — led to an unusual nationwide directive within Immigrations and Customs Enforcement requiring any deportations prior to Tuesday's election to be approved at least at the level of ICE regional directors, the U.S. law enforcement official told the AP."

How surprising. Obayama dropped a dime to the red fone.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #22
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
hey, leave her alone...didn't you read the AP article ??? she's been living "QUIETLY"...and illegally and on the public dole for years and probably voting...what is the problem??? Don't turn selfishness into a virtue, mind your own business ??? The real question is, WHO RELEASE THIS INFORMATION??? and invaded this woman's privacy and peaceful enjoyment of living here illegally and on public assistance during her later years after being ordered to leave the country....someone need to be prosecuted for using government computers to look into the backgroud of a private non-citizen who is not supposed to be here, she has rights you know!!!
Actually was a foreign newspaper trying to locate her and did.

Next thing you here is she be employed as a consultant, to JFK, just for kerry, re-election campaign, giving her valid reason for being here. Given the fact that Kerry is going to be Obama's Sec. of State, taking over for Condi, it stand to reason.

Boy how wrong was me.

Last edited by Swimmer; 05-18-2010 at 11:45 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 11-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #23
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Obama has mentioned creating something like the WPA from back in the 30's.. I would love to see those that are in this country legally or illegally be involved in something like this. Look at the conditions of our roads and bridges.. I think this is a great solution to get millions of people off of welfare.
Well, we've had enough people on welfare since the Newark, Watts and Detroit riots for the last 38 years
that we should have the best road and infrastructure system in the world IF we had had "work for welfare."

However, how could you think of such a thing, it's not PC.

Just think, a guy working for his welfare check might get a feeling of self worth and even want to better himself with a few new learned skills and a better job.

Ya want WPA ,just add "a work clause" to the current welfare system and you wouldn't need the cost of another government bureaucracy for the Obama cronies.

puff, instant employment and no new taxes.

" Choose Life "
Old 11-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #24
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Ya want WPA ,just add "a work clause" to the current welfare system and you wouldn't need the cost of another government bureaucracy for the Obama cronies.

puff, instant employment and no new taxes.
Instant employment? Where do these new jobs come from?

-spence
Old 11-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #25
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Now we're supposed to be suspicious because of the timing.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15161.html

SHE'S AN ILLEGAL. I will lay $5 on the table if he's elected she don't get deported.

I hope if McCain get elected the first thing he does after swearing in is to put her on a plane. My tax money is going to pay for her no matter what anyways.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #26
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Instant employment? Where do these new jobs come from?

-spence
Same place they came from the WPA Program.
Guys will have to learn what picks shovels and rebar do.

" Choose Life "
Old 11-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #27
slapshot

What is wrong with the system where an illegal can live here on public assistance? The article says she was denied asylum. Shouldn't the public assistance database be linked to the list of people who have been ordered to get out? This makes no sense.

bluefish Jihadist
Old 11-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #28
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I just heard a Barak from an earlier speech with "I am my brothers keeper, blah blah....

so his brother is poor living in Africa and his aunt is an illegal immigrant living in public houseing. Yet no one cares. How many things has this guy been linked to that would have disqualified other candidates, yet no one cares. All that gets blamed is the evil republican machine, even though there have been nothing but facts. sad. oh well. you reap what you sow. heres to 4 years, with an inexpericenced, hypocritical, condescending, lawyer from Chicago that attended a church the preached anti-american sentiment. I am proud of my Country.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #29
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

MAYBE someone can explain to me exactly WHAT an "eligible non-citizen" is. Is this the new politically correct name for a scumbag freeloading illegal who defies court orders?

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/poli...11/detail.html

Kick her the hell out and get it over with.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #30
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

"Obama said he didn't know that Onyango was living in the United States illegally and believes the appropriate laws should be followed."

Is there anything this guy knows about his friends and family

He said he was "his brothers keeper."

Is he aware he has a brother in Kenya that lives in a hut on $20 year?

Is he aware the UCC, his church belonged to for the 20 years he was a member believes you change the world through political activism.

Guess he doesn't know about separation of church and state either.

There's an old adage, "if you can't trust a man in little things, you can't trust him in big things." Trust him as far as you can throw him.

" Choose Life "