Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks

How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks How-To's, Tips & Tricks plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) **** Please Do Not Start Discussions or Ask New Questions in Here **** This is for popular Threads To be moved here for easy access & discussion. Post all new questions in main Stripertalk Forum

Old 06-22-2004, 09:42 AM   #1
Fish On

Send a message via Yahoo to Fish On
Unhappy Rod Repair

Well I went on Cabela's yesterday and bought guides, rod finish, thread, and a rod holder with thread tensioner. Gonna try and fix a few of my rods with bad guides all by my lonesome. Wish me luck. I have a funny feeling this is going to be one of those things that takes lots of skill and experience and will have me wishing I dropped the rods off at the repair shop....
Fish On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:53 PM   #2
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

not as hard as you may think! take your time, prep blank well, you may want to use some sort of dryer(8 rpm motor or so). feel to pm me if i can help.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:46 PM   #3
Fish On

Send a message via Yahoo to Fish On
Cool

Fixed my first guide! Went well and not as bad as I thought. I think it looks great. Cabellas is pretty good for the supplies! Thanks for the help!
Fish On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 06:58 AM   #4
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

next time you need supplies/gear try to use site sponsers and local shops we all need to keep these guys around. i've seen too many good shops go away.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote