Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #31
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,281
no one used the words "I" and "me" more than his predecessor...it's documented


isn't lying under oath a crime? I think you can get up to 5 years...or a multi million dollar book deal
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:38 AM   #32
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,384
Blog Entries: 1
Yes - you have the Sloppy Narcissist, Trump following the Neat Narcissist, Obama.

I hate Trump. He is a shallow, reflexive person with a filter that alternates between good tactical and opticalrectumitis. I am starting to think his ego for running for President (job is harder than he thought) is to rub elbows with other world leaders - like the next level of his biz CEO contemporaries.

But he is filling a niche that has not been filled for sometime, a more moderate, Constitutional / Law-centric position (arguably at least where/when it does not apply to him).

Law: Borders
Customs: Lawful entry
Customs: Import fees (I'm seeing people paying more in import fees then ever before)
2A:
National Defense: resolving some budgeting wrongs (CR not only reduced money but had money restricted to wrong places)

I can't stand Trump but I am not convinced he is worse than Hillary

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:46 AM   #33
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Yes - you have the Sloppy Narcissist, Trump following the Neat Narcissist, Obama.

I hate Trump. He is a shallow, reflexive person with a filter that alternates between good tactical and opticalrectumitis. I am starting to think his ego for running for President (job is harder than he thought) is to rub elbows with other world leaders - like the next level of his biz CEO contemporaries.

But he is filling a niche that has not been filled for sometime, a more moderate, Constitutional / Law-centric position (arguably at least where/when it does not apply to him).

Law: Borders
Customs: Lawful entry
Customs: Import fees (I'm seeing people paying more in import fees then ever before)
2A:
National Defense: resolving some budgeting wrongs (CR not only reduced money but had money restricted to wrong places)

I can't stand Trump but I am not convinced he is worse than Hillary
pretty much sums it up...
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:55 AM   #34
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I can't stand Trump but I am not convinced he is worse than Hillary
like I said before,

I'm not happy he won, But I'm happy as hell she didn't.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:25 AM   #35
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Yes - you have the Sloppy Narcissist, Trump following the Neat Narcissist, Obama.
THat is a good way of describing them - although I would add Trump is a serial liar.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:52 AM   #36
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,793
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
THat is a good way of describing them - although I would add Trump is a serial liar.
And Obama wasn't ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #37
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
And Obama wasn't ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I would ask you to put up a list of his lies and then I could put up a list of Trump's and we could compare the amount but I know you're going to respond with your typical response where you state you can't be bothered to back up your accusation.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #38
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,384
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
And Obama wasn't ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
His lying grew from ideology. Trump does not have an ideological cell in his body.

Either way DJT or HRC we were screwed. No good and evil here, just blehhck

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:55 PM   #39
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,793
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
His lying grew from ideology. Trump does not have an ideological cell in his body.

Either way DJT or HRC we were screwed. No good and evil here, just blehhck
Not ttrue John, SCJ nominations alone are good enough for the win
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #40
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,384
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Not ttrue John, SCJ nominations alone are good enough for the win
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

There is a lot reeking havoc on that balance at the moment.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #41
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
1st you fire Comey who was point on the Russian investigation who happen to just ask for more money?? The administration then says it was about Clinton emails were handled then Trump puts out a letter thanking Comey for telling him on multiple occasions He (Trump) wasn't the target of the investigation. (proper conversation?) with the recommendation of AG session (who recused himself fromRussian investigations) except here? then meets with the Russians (pre planned i am sure) but allows no American press in the room ??

we'll be told theirs nothing to see move along ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...hip-with-comey
The decision to dump him was at least partly inspired by a memo written by the Deputy Attorney General, who was appointed by a right wing nut named Obama to be a US attorney. This man wrote a memo outlining why he thought Comey should have been fired.

When Comey announced he was re-opening the Hilary email scandal, everyone to the left of center demanded he be fired. Life is a funny old dog.

That said, it was a stupid time to fire him, the optics are awful.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:49 PM   #42
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Not ttrue John, SCJ nominations alone are good enough for the win
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Agreed, getting Scalia replaced with someone similar, is so far, worth the formidable price we pay for Trump, IMHO.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:08 PM   #43
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 3,698
His problem is he can't get out of his own way. He might accomplish much if he could keep his foot out of his mouth or his thumbs of the twitter keyboard long enough to focus on governing. He lives in the past and can't stand loosing even the most inconsequential battles.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:30 PM   #44
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,793
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
His problem is he can't get out of his own way. He might accomplish much if he could keep his foot out of his mouth or his thumbs of the twitter keyboard long enough to focus on governing. He lives in the past and can't stand loosing even the most inconsequential battles.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I agree. His style is making me cringe
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #45
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,283
He is running out out of Road on the credibility Highway ...

just look at current approval ratings Most recent weekly average 38% May 8-14, 2017

Low point, three-day average 35% Mar 26-28, 2017
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:27 PM   #46
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I agree. His style is making me cringe
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Oh yeah....absolutely
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:28 PM   #47
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He is running out out of Road on the credibility Highway ...

just look at current approval ratings Most recent weekly average 38% May 8-14, 2017

Low point, three-day average 35% Mar 26-28, 2017
So it's going up
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:34 AM   #48
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,283
Trump has said the decision to appoint a special counsel to oversee the inquiry into Russian influence on his election is hurting America "terribly".

He told journalists on Thursday: "I respect the move, but the entire thing has been a witch hunt."

he wont stop
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:26 AM   #49
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

he wont stop
You and he have something in common.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #50
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,488
Yes, lets talk about something important like whiney college students.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:55 AM   #51
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,564
Not all people are gifted with the ability to talk about more than one subject.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #52
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,281
Lester Holt referred to Roger Ailes as the "disgraced former FOX News Chief" this morning


I suspect that when Bill Clinton croaks he will likewise refer to Clinton and the "disgraced former US President and Commander-in -Chief "

scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #53
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Lester Holt referred to Roger Ailes as the "disgraced former FOX News Chief" this morning


I suspect that when Bill Clinton croaks he will likewise refer to Clinton and the "disgraced former US President and Commander-in -Chief "

But Holt is merely whining. You have to understand that shutting down free speech and selectively throwing mud on your opposition is just whining and not worth the bother to talk about when there is far more important stuff like discussing the earth shaking gravity of possible collusion for which there is no evidence.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #54
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 15,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump has said the decision to appoint a special counsel to oversee the inquiry into Russian influence on his election is hurting America "terribly".

He told journalists on Thursday: "I respect the move, but the entire thing has been a witch hunt."

he wont stop

that is because it IS

"A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust" James Madison

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Regan
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:19 AM   #55
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
that is because it IS
Yes, there has been no interactions w/the Russians and the Trump campaign

Too bad the Trump admin. could not have sent someone to Andy's shootout. Andy could have taught them to shoot straight and not shoot themselves in the foot.

Last edited by PaulS; 05-19-2017 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: snarky comment
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:34 PM   #56
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,793
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Yes, there has been no interactions w/the Russians and the Trump campaign

Too bad the Trump admin. could not have sent someone to Andy's shootout. Andy could have taught them to shoot straight and not shoot themselves in the foot.
If you have proof you better leak it now . So far we have seen nothing .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #57
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,488
Since it was a slow day politically this is what I did
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170519_143045_resized.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	64240  
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:42 PM   #58
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
that is because it IS

I said that about Benghazi and all the hearings and investigations by the R's showed that to be the case ..

and laid out my argument I dont see an argument laid out about how it has nothing to do with the russian but seems congress does but even that isn't enough


Not sure why the same standard of evidence is not required let the chips fall where they may . but i would guess you wouldn't accept the out come if it didn't match what you all ready think..

"I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job," Mr Trump told the Russian officials, the Times reported.
"I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off."

What a leader and people wonder why some are leaking " they must be trying to make America great again "

Last edited by wdmso; 05-19-2017 at 03:50 PM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:51 PM   #59
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,793
Blog Entries: 1
[QUOTE=wdmso;1122286]I said that about Benghazi and all the hearings and investigations by the R's showed that to be the case ..

Not sure why the same standard of evidence is not required let the chips fall where they may . but i would guess you wouldn't accept the out come if it didn't match what you all ready think..

"I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job," Mr Trump told the Russian officials, the Times reported.
"I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off."

What a leader and people wonder why some are leaking " they must be trying to make America great again "[/QUOTE.

Well except that they blatantly lied on TV about it being a tape . There is that 🙄

You do know that the New York Times and Washington Post is not news right ? Rumors do not equate with evidence
You sound like one of those nut jobs that believes the "Enquirer" is true
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #60
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,249
[QUOTE=buckman;1122289]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I said that about Benghazi and all the hearings and investigations by the R's showed that to be the case ..

Not sure why the same standard of evidence is not required let the chips fall where they may . but i would guess you wouldn't accept the out come if it didn't match what you all ready think..

"I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job," Mr Trump told the Russian officials, the Times reported.
"I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off."

What a leader and people wonder why some are leaking " they must be trying to make America great again "[/QUOTE.

Well except that they blatantly lied on TV about it being a tape . There is that 🙄

You do know that the New York Times and Washington Post is not news right ? Rumors do not equate with evidence
You sound like one of those nut jobs that believes the "Enquirer" is true
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
With that logic
Neither is Fox News.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com