Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #31
spence

And Goldwater Conservatives would reject the ideals of big-government neoconservatisim.

The debate has become more polarized, but I don't think mainstream America has changed all that much.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #32
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence
And Goldwater Conservatives would reject the ideals of big-government neoconservatisim.

The debate has become more polarized, but I don't think mainstream America has changed all that much.

-spence
Your right. At the point in time the Democrats nominate a mainstream Presidential candidate they might win an election.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #33
spence

Well, it was only 5 years ago that Clinton was in office

But to be quite honest what really amazes me is that even with how lame Gore and Kerry were, Bush still only managed to eek out razor thin victories, hell Gore quite possibly would have won had he not discontinued the legal action.

How's that mandate going?

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:14 PM   #34
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence
Well, it was only 5 years ago that Clinton was in office

But to be quite honest what really amazes me is that even with how lame Gore and Kerry were, Bush still only managed to eek out razor thin victories, hell Gore quite possibly would have won had he not discontinued the legal action.

How's that mandate going?

-spence
Gore discontinued the legal action because he knew he lost. A win is a win a loss is a loss. One of the many serious strategic errors Liberals make is the assumption that anyone who opposes their agenda is a Bush supporter or an idiot when in actuallity we simply chose the far lesser of two evils.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:01 AM   #35
Skip N

[QUOTE=Bronko]We had a nice little political roundtable today.... and all this without Skip_N. QUOTE]

My mini 3 day vacation has just begun, no politics on my vaca Besides, you guys are having a nice civil debate. You don't need me to ruin it
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote