Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 06-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
Mr. Sandman

CANNON DIGITROLL IV electric downrigger With transducer and directions.

FOR SALE: CANNON DIGITROLL IV electric downrigger
With transducer and directions.

The cannon digitroll IV is an awesome piece of fishing technology. I used it for a number of seasons but sold my boat and now have no need for it. If you are unfamiliar with the unit is fully electric. You can program it to go to a certain depth, zig zag between various depths OR by using the included depth transducer, you can tell to follow the bottom auto-magically. Ie…program it to stay 6’ off the bottom and as the depth changes it automatically takes in or lets out line to keep you lure in the strike zone. It really works too.
This allows you to fish light lures on light gear at deep depths. You can even use it to troll live or dead bait at desired depths. Forget wire line and heavy painful gear, once you hook this baby up you will sell you wire line gear and break out light braid

Although the latest model is slightly different today, this unit lists new for $1400.00 without the transducer and accessories (ball and rod holder mount) I am asking only $300.00 for everything as is.

To hook up the transducer you will have to mount it on the transome and connect the wires, I had to cut the wire leading to the transducer to remove it from the boat. It is no big deal though, I had to cut it/reattach it to install in the first place and there is plenty of wire.

Although the latest model is slight different, this unit listed new for $1400.00 without the transducer, rod holder mount and ball. New models list for 1600+. Again asking $300.00. This is the cheapest way to try out this technology. I have the original box and the directions on use. I am also including a rod-holder mount so you can just slide it into a gunnel mounted rod holder and not have to permanently install anything. easy in and out.

One note...I have removed the braided cable that came with the unit that was used to lower the 10-13# lead ball (included), because the cable would "sing" at high speeds and replaced it with 250# braid line. I have used it for 2 seasons and it is far better with braid, goes thru the water easy.

A complete description can be seen here:
http://store.cannondownriggers.com/p...743/Digi-Troll

I can ship this to you UPS ground for whathever it costs me OR you can pick it up on Martha's Vineyard OR I will take it over on the ferry and you can meet me in woods hole at the ferry location. Your choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	59425   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	59426   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	59427  
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
Mr. Sandman

Moved over to eBay due to lack of interest...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cannon-digit..._qi=RTM1562572

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 07-07-2014 at 07:20 AM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote