Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #1
Sea Dangles

Wiki leak?

So, nothing here has been leaked as much as it has been discovered. This can be called a lot of things by different people,hell it can even be called investigative journalism. My question is, Do you think it is good for the country? It has proven that Hillary is a subversive and manipulative politician who will stop at nothing to deceive the public. It has also served as another example of her lack of integrity. Today I saw Ecuador has taken way Assange's internet privilege due to interference with the election. Do you also feel like exposing the truth is an interference?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-19-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
ecduzitgood
time to go

It's a substitute for the transparency we were promised.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-19-2016, 09:08 AM   #3
buckman

It's not what's bad for the country , it's who has been bad for the country and who people put back in charge to continue the corruption. If they call out the GOP for corruption also then I'm all for it .
Old 10-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
It has proven that Hillary is a subversive and manipulative politician who will stop at nothing to deceive the public.
The funny thing about all the Clinton email stuff is there's far more there that vindicates her than condemns.

Personally I think it's bad for the country as it just feeds the hype cycle and clouds the truth. If people feel their inner thoughts are open or will be used against them they will cease to think and act freely.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:52 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The funny thing about all the Clinton email stuff is there's far more there that vindicates her than condemns.
you are truly insane
Old 10-19-2016, 10:20 AM   #6
DZ

The military classified info released on Wiki was not good for our troops or the country. It should not be a surprise to anyone that these emails were hacked. We routinely hack other nations and now they hack us. In today's day and age everything electronic that resides on phones, servers, etc is basically in the public domain to a good hacker. Unless you take extreme measures to protect your communications you should expect this to be disclosed.

Last edited by DZ; 10-19-2016 at 10:47 AM..

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #7
Sea Dangles

Once they are in an e mail they are not inner thoughts Jeff. You should know that the truth and perception are two different things. The truth here is that she had e mails deleted.The truth is that she then denied doing just that. Without such truths there is not much meat on the hype machine bone. Content not withstanding as far as condemnation or vindication I feel that the public has a keen sense regarding intent.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:24 AM   #8
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
So, nothing here has been leaked as much as it has been discovered. This can be called a lot of things by different people,hell it can even be called investigative journalism. My question is, Do you think it is good for the country? It has proven that Hillary is a subversive and manipulative politician who will stop at nothing to deceive the public. It has also served as another example of her lack of integrity. Today I saw Ecuador has taken way Assange's internet privilege due to interference with the election. Do you also feel like exposing the truth is an interference?
It true Kerry gave the order to Equador to shut down the email privilege ?

Last edited by Raider Ronnie; 10-19-2016 at 01:07 PM..
Old 10-19-2016, 11:42 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are truly insane
Its getting to the point where the Bartender at the Kool-Aid bar is going to have to shut him off.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-19-2016, 11:43 AM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Unless you take extreme measures to protect your communications you should expect this to be disclosed.
you mean like locking your e-mail server in a closet? That's not going to get it done?

Old 10-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #11
ecduzitgood
time to go

Weewee leak.

http://m.tmz.com/?ref=yfp#article/20...sewage-ticket/
Old 10-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #12
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
you mean like locking your e-mail server in a closet? That's not going to get it done?
No he means to wipe it ..you know , like with a rag
Old 10-19-2016, 02:12 PM   #13
DZ

The wave of the cyber future is hacking information, breaking down firewalls, blocking encryption, and also countermeasures to all of the above. Good career fields for youngsters to delve into because there will be a bear market for them.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #14
wdmso

When you support opening pandora Box in the Name of winning or getting ahead or Julian Assange's personal revenge because she called on President Obama to prosecute the whistleblowing site after its 2010 leak of State Department cables..

you walk a tight line .. its all fine and dandy now because the hacks are not pointed in the direction of you candidate but as always once the focus shift (like trumps sexual assault claim ) you can bet the Right will be screaming at the top of their lungs about privacy rights ... or bias

and this is from a conservative site again not sure why some cant see the big picture

http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/09/...eedom-fighter/

Julian Assange Is A Russian Front-Man, Not A Freedom Fighter
Assange’s dissemination of others’ secrets has nothing to do with democracy and transparency, and everything to do with the sordid underworld of international espionage.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #15
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
When you support opening pandora Box in the Name of winning or getting ahead or Julian Assange's personal revenge because she called on President Obama to prosecute the whistleblowing site after its 2010 leak of State Department cables..

you walk a tight line .. its all fine and dandy now because the hacks are not pointed in the direction of you candidate but as always once the focus shift (like trumps sexual assault claim ) you can bet the Right will be screaming at the top of their lungs about privacy rights ... or bias

and this is from a conservative site again not sure why some cant see the big picture

Assange’s dissemination of others’ secrets has nothing to do with democracy and transparency, and everything to do with the sordid underworld of international espionage.
She didn't say prosecute she said "can't we just drone this guy"
Old 10-20-2016, 06:45 AM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
The wave of the cyber future is hacking information, breaking down firewalls, blocking encryption, and also countermeasures to all of the above. Good career fields for youngsters to delve into because there will be a bear market for them.
I've been telling my son those fields and Cyber Forensics are going to be huge in the coming years. As Computer crimes increase, the need to collect and analyze evidence for prosecution is going to increase exponentially.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:16 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

“The nature of the evidence is irrelevant; it's the seriousness of the charge that matters.” Tom Foley, Democrat, Former Speaker of the House
Old 10-22-2016, 08:16 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
“The nature of the evidence is irrelevant; it's the seriousness of the charge that matters.” Tom Foley, Democrat, Former Speaker of the House

rush has it as http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...uva_fraternity

another http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20..._of_the_charge

Thanks for giving us a False equivalency quote from 21 years ago But Maybe it should be the original quote ?

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/08/06/us...pagewanted=all

"These allegations are both persist ent and disturbing," the two leaders said in a joint statement. "We have no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, but the seriousness of the allegations, and the weight of circumstantial information, compel an effort to establish the facts."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-5ec6d6329527/

Funny that sums up about all the republican investigations into the Clintons (revenge for Ronald? Iran contra? ) except the last part "effort to establish the facts " they never believe them in the end reguardless

Last edited by wdmso; 10-22-2016 at 08:22 AM..
Old 10-22-2016, 08:26 AM   #19
scottw

sounds politically motivated....when does the investigation into the Obama Admin secret negotiations with Iran begin???

"These allegations should be laid to rest once and for all," House Speaker Thomas S. Foley (D-Wash.) and Senate Majority Leader George J. Mitchell (D-Maine) said in a joint statement yesterday. "We have no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, but the seriousness of the allegations, and the weight of circumstantial information, compel an effort to establish the facts."

House Minority Leader Robert H. Michel (R-Ill.) said he believes Democrats are "wasting an awful lot of money on a charade."

"It's going to end up with nothing being resolved except a lot of political shenanigans," continued Michel. "There is nothing there, and the people back home don't give two hoots about it."

Yesterday's announcement capped several months of informal inquiry by House Democratic leaders to determine whether there was sufficient circumstantial evidence to warrant a full-scale investigation into what has been termed the "October Surprise."

I'm fully in favor of applying the democrat standards going forward.....
Old 10-22-2016, 11:21 AM   #20
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
My question is, Do you think it is good for the country?
If we are not living in truth, we are not living in reality and
nothing can be done to solve it.

" Choose Life "