Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 11-03-2005, 01:16 PM   #1
fishaholic18
Finally

$#@%^! Wind!!

Gonna screw us up good. WTF!!!

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:19 PM   #2
eelman

Not if you know where to go in a sou-west..............
eelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #3
fishaholic18
Finally

It's blowing friggin' 40 mph! WTF!

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
Old 11-03-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
eelman

No, its no good just kiddin ya......everyone keeps sayin "it just started" bull its just about over another week and its school bass time.........
Old 11-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #5
JoeP

I got a bad feeling all these strong NE wind storms & strong NW winds that followed the storms kept the bait & big bass offshore during the main part of the Fall Run. But, water's still pretty warm so we'll see...
JoeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #6
Bill L

Its gonna bust wide open any day now
Bill L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #7
eelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP
I got a bad feeling all these strong NE wind storms & strong NW winds that followed the storms kept the bait & big bass offshore during the main part of the Fall Run. But, water's still pretty warm so we'll see...
Joe, the fish move regardless, they wont stay just because the water is a tad warm, acually its about 54 degrees once it hits 49 bye, bye bass. The storms killed the fall run for most of rhody, the bait and the bass never really met, sporadic but not like years past. The island will be the olnly game in town for a shot at a 40pounder! The fish need a reason to stay and there reason to stay went south with those october storms and all these gales !! They migrate when they migrate and its safe to say most are gone save for a few straglers.............

I think most bass being caught now from shore are bass that have been resident all season and have now moved in shore looking for a meal, we havent seen much in the way of migrants IMO..............
Old 11-03-2005, 03:50 PM   #8
eelman

I never thought the bass say "lets hang around the water is warm" the migrate on instinct and the need to feed. when the bait moves, the bass move regardless of water temp, if the bait is at montauk then so are the fish. The bait migrates also and the bass follow. In the fall bass will pop up one night and not the next, it hit and move. A certain area may be doing well and that is beacise the bait has hung around. All it takes is one good blow this time of the year to shut that right off. No matter how its sliced, the season is nearing a rapid end. I dont consider blizes of fish iin the 20 to 30inch range to be a big deal , I am talking about the large fish, even teen size fish are school bass. The first fish to arrive in the spring are schoolies and, the last to leave are schoolies...........

When I see the reports of blitzing school bass for 3-4 hours some afternoon, I know that signals the last fish to leave. I dont chase that stuff and still fish at night hoping for the occasional brute to swim past.

The latest I have ever got a fish on an eel was at block Island the first week of december and on the mainland it was always two weeks before that when it came to a rapid stop with "wader watchers" driving up and down the beach all day screaming and yelling that they saw some gannets.....big deal...its herring and 9 times out of ten its bluefish under them and 1/2 mile off shore to boot!

These are just my opinions and observations.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:53 PM   #9
Bill L

I'm still hoping we may see some classic fall run action. It seems like the foliage is late, and maybe the bass will be too. But these storms definitely lost us some time, and maybe they did screw us out of a decent run of bait and fish. People are obviously catching decetn fish, but the lack of bait and numbers of fish at this time of year sucks. Seems like last year sucked too, for that matter. Anyways,, in years gone by the two weeks before thanksgiving have usually been pretty good, maybe we'll get lucky and get a push of fish form the north that didnt swing wide
Old 11-03-2005, 04:34 PM   #10
eelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonoc
I'm still hoping we may see some classic fall run action. It seems like the foliage is late, and maybe the bass will be too. But these storms definitely lost us some time, and maybe they did screw us out of a decent run of bait and fish. People are obviously catching decetn fish, but the lack of bait and numbers of fish at this time of year sucks. Seems like last year sucked too, for that matter. Anyways,, in years gone by the two weeks before thanksgiving have usually been pretty good, maybe we'll get lucky and get a push of fish form the north that didnt swing wide

I hope so , but hey you have your own private stash that never stops!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:51 PM   #11
Bill L

Guppies
Old 11-05-2005, 08:00 AM   #12
cheferson

Nothing wrong with double header guppies on New years day
cheferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:21 AM   #13
fishaholic18
Finally

Love that dirty water.

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

Old 11-05-2005, 09:39 AM   #14
fishaholic18
Finally

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0u812.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	12401  

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

Old 11-05-2005, 08:53 PM   #15
TheRattBoy
surfcasting is NOT a crime

Thumbs up

F18, What did you take it on?, NICE fish! johnny
TheRattBoy is offline   Reply With Quote