Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-19-2017, 07:37 AM   #1
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Sox owners alledged worries hypocritical

If the owners of the Red Sox were worried about the image they project I would think they might try to get a more culturally diverse crowd in the stands. Everytime I turn the game on I purposely look for members of the African-American community. In a sold out crowd there should be people other than white that can be easily seen in the crowd. I dare anyone who watches the game to find people of color. You know, like where is Waldo. Well, where are the black families on a friday night. Lower the prices so it doesn't take a weeks pay for so e to attend a game. Stop being hypicrites.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 08-19-2017, 08:27 AM   #2
Sea Dangles

I do know they tossed some hometown fans who were using racist language. Every journey begins with the first step and I believe this to be a step in the right direction. Yes,the Yawkey foundation has been a blessing to many diverse groups in the community but his racist past does warrant a change.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-19-2017, 08:40 AM   #3
scottw

they should rename it

WAYBACK WASDIN WAY

....that would be fun
Old 08-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I've heard people saying racist things in Fenway before and I don't expect different from other parks. When it happens, throw the bums out. It is unacceptable, rude, and the domain of small minds.

"Yawkey" way is now much more than a mere former owner of the Sox. And it symbolizes far more good than bad today.

We cannot continue to allow the march of the revisionists through our institutions to go unchallenged. We can't allow every little grievance to be dissected, litigated, folded, mutilated, and/or reversed. I do not want to imply that racism at large is a "little grievance" but rather any little slight, intended or not, does not need to be drawn into the public square for critique and inspection. At the minute level it distracts time and resources from other endeavors and at the macro level it is a significant redirection of effort. (Gee - wonder who benefits with that? - Cui Bono ?? )

Fast forward to July 30th 2021

"Hey want to go to Fenway for the game - it is Big Papi Fund BobbleHead Night?"

"No, I am protesting Yawkey Way"

This is SILLY. This is the burning not of books but the burning of TIME.

Do well dwell on bad points in our history because of feelz? Or do we agree to do a better job with ourselves and our fellow citizens and move on?

People need to discard their Huggies and put on their Big Boy Pants - oh I'm sorry that might be offensive to someone - Big Xir Pants.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-20-2017, 08:02 AM   #5
beamie

There are plenty of anglo saxson, mexican, asian, caribbean people that can't afford to bring their family either.

Jon, 24' Nauset-Green Topsides, Beamie, North River. Channel 68/69. MSBA, NIBA
Old 08-20-2017, 11:08 AM   #6
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
I kind of agree with this because Tom Yawkey was one of this biggest racist going !
I agree with Howie Carr's comment the other. If Sox ownership are really concerned about racism they should put their $ where their mouths are and give out free tickets in the black communities. Lots of them every game !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device