Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Movies, Classics to Less than Normal

Movies, Classics to Less than Normal By request - Grab your Popcorn. New Movie forum (for those that have given up fishing this year). (No P 0rn)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
JohnnyD
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
JohnnyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mansfield, MA
Posts: 5,238
Gentlemen, get back at your wife, girlfriend or mistress...

...for making you watch Twilight and take them to the most bad-ass, manliest movie that may ever grace this fine planet.



Sylvester Stallone
Jason Statham
Jet Li
Dolph Lundgren
Steve Austin
Terry Crews
Mickey Rourke
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Bruce Willis
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
SurfCaster413
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Holyoke, Ma
Posts: 1,182
cant wait for this movie to come out it also has ufc fight randy couture
SurfCaster413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen
iTrader: (0)
 
nightfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,455
Son, I don't think you got the hang of this..... What in the world makes you think I would be watching movies with (my) mistress(es)????????????????????????????

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
JohnnyD
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
JohnnyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mansfield, MA
Posts: 5,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Son, I don't think you got the hang of this..... What in the world makes you think I would be watching movies with (my) mistress(es)????????????????????????????
Every mistress comes at a cost.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,188
I'll wait for the DVD.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:48 AM   #6
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,755
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Every mistress comes at a cost.
that's way to high a price!!!!!!!!!!
because any of them would be saying...........

whats going to happen next?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #7
fishbones
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
fishbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Easton, MA
Posts: 5,576
I don't understand this at all. Why would a wife, gf, mistress, or anyone else for that matter, make you watch a movie? My wife goes to chick movies with her friends and I go to what I want to see with my friends. And isn't Twighlight for kids?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
JohnnyD
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
JohnnyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mansfield, MA
Posts: 5,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I don't understand this at all. Why would a wife, gf, mistress, or anyone else for that matter, make you watch a movie? My wife goes to chick movies with her friends and I go to what I want to see with my friends. And isn't Twighlight for kids?
I agree. I haven't seen any of them, but all my girlfriend's brothers have allowed their significant others to drag them out to see it. They're also the same ones that tell me "I'll have to check with the wife/girlfriend" and then come back with "Nah, not tonight so-and-so wants to go grocery shopping (or visit her mother, or any other lame excuse) whenever I ask them to fish, whereas my girlfriend usually says, "why are you asking me?"

Anyway, it was suppose to be a joke. The movie looks pretty bad-ass with the broadest "guy-movie" cast.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
Sweetwater
Ruled only by the tide
iTrader: (0)
 
Sweetwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Truro
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I agree. I haven't seen any of them, but all my girlfriend's brothers have allowed their significant others to drag them out to see it. They're also the same ones that tell me "I'll have to check with the wife/girlfriend" and then come back with "Nah, not tonight so-and-so wants to go grocery shopping (or visit her mother, or any other lame excuse) whenever I ask them to fish, whereas my girlfriend usually says, "why are you asking me?"

Anyway, it was suppose to be a joke. The movie looks pretty bad-ass with the broadest "guy-movie" cast.
Gawd....I had no idea!

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
Sweetwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #10
JohnnyD
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
JohnnyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mansfield, MA
Posts: 5,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
Gawd....I had no idea!
Haha... you've seen it with them just as much as I have. I think you've also witnessed Linds tell me "you haven't been fishing in a few days. get the hell out of the house and go fishing before you get pissy."
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #11
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!
iTrader: (0)
 
MarshCappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marshfield
Posts: 2,608
There's a lot of HGH in that trailer!



"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
FishermanTim
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
FishermanTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hyde Park, MA
Posts: 4,066
Just as the Harry Potter books and movies were aimed at the lonely, "live-in-my-parents-basement" techno geeks and losers, (I stand corrected and retract this part of my comment)

Maybe a "Dungeons and Dragons" role playing reference might have been more appropriate?

Twilight seems to be aimed at the female contingent of the same
group. You know, the "I think vampires are sexy, but I'll never get a date" crowd.

After "Interview with a Vampire with an efeminate Tom Cruise as a (I think gay) vampire, I could only tolerate the Blade vampire flicks.

Me go see ANY of the Twilight flicks? Only if I was bound and gagged!

Last edited by FishermanTim; 07-21-2010 at 02:59 PM..
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #13
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish
iTrader: (1)
 
RIJIMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 8,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Just as the Harry Potter books and movies were aimed at the lonely, "live-in-my-parents-basement" techno geeks and losers, Twilight seems to be aimed at the female contingent of the same
group. You know, the "I think vampires are sexy, but I'll never get a date" crowd.

After "Interview with a Vampire with an efeminate Tom Cruise as a (I think gay) vampire, I could only tolerate the Blade vampire flicks.

Me go see ANY of the Twilight flicks? Only if I was bound and gagged!
Wow - I've read every Harry Potter and seen every movie, love 'em all. Never lived at home after I was 18 and far from a techno-geek. When I was single I had more than enough girls. My wife and many of her friends, all active, attractive moms in the ealry 40s have read all the Twilight books and get together to see the movies.
I guess Star Wars is for all the losers who dream of fighting the "dark side" and Raiders of the Lost Ark for the homeless that like to find treasures in peoples garbage?
Many people enjoy fantasy as it takes us away from the real world. Harry Potter is a brilliantly creative adventure series. Twilight is a teenie-bopper romance, but it attracts women because of the pure-romance element (there is NO sex in the books/film).
You should open your mind a bit, you may enjoy this stuff if you gave it a shot.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #14
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,755
Blog Entries: 1
fighting the DARK side

we are all......... in truth
fighting the DARK side

and i'm not talking about changing
from surf caster to boat owner either

within all of us is the capability to do EVIL deeds
and or to do extremely nice things for people

there is a struggle to be right from wrong
to do the right thing.... as we were all taught

the Potter films glamorize witches and spells
and hide the truth that herbology used to be
a very practiced art form that people were killed for.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Wow - I've read every Harry Potter and seen every movie, love 'em all. Never lived at home after I was 18 and far from a techno-geek. When I was single I had more than enough girls. My wife and many of her friends, all active, attractive moms in the ealry 40s have read all the Twilight books and get together to see the movies.
I guess Star Wars is for all the losers who dream of fighting the "dark side" and Raiders of the Lost Ark for the homeless that like to find treasures in peoples garbage?
Many people enjoy fantasy as it takes us away from the real world. Harry Potter is a brilliantly creative adventure series. Twilight is a teenie-bopper romance, but it attracts women because of the pure-romance element (there is NO sex in the books/film).
You should open your mind a bit, you may enjoy this stuff if you gave it a shot.


Exactly.....and as an I.T. guy I take offense to the Techno-geek reference

I've never read the potter books but I've seen all the movies and have enjoyed them immensely

Another thing that you can credit Harry Potter w/ is the fact that it got kids excited about reading....before that when was the last time you saw kids lining up at midnight for a book.

Twilight's target audience is the same target audience as Tiger beat magazine....the 12-16 year old girls.....the Mom's enjoy the Romance aspect of them.

Horror Movies, by far, are my favorite Genre of movies.....I love everything about them from the Silent classics to the modern day slasher flicks....they are all fun to watch.

FT if you liked Blade and you want to see some good Vampire flicks like it check out John Carpenter's Vampires....thats a lot of fun to watch with some great killings

Also check out Near Dark....it is what Twilight would be if a Guy wrote it.

Interview w/ a Vampire, Great Book....Movie, ah, not so much. That was a movie that should have been made by an independent film company w/ some no-name actors......Marquis stars just weren't right for it.....although I thought Antonio Banderas was really good in his role.

Like Jimmy said.....fantasy takes you away from the real world.....Which has a tendency to suck sometimes

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:25 AM   #16
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 9,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
check out John Carpenter's Vampires....thats a lot of fun to watch with some great killings
Great flick... was James Woods talkiing about Twilight?
"Jack Crow: You ever seen a vampire?
Father Adam Guiteau: No I haven't.
Jack Crow: No... Well first of all, they're not romantic. Its not like they're a bunch of %$%$%$%$in' fags hoppin' around in rented formal wear and seducing everybody in sight with cheesy Euro-trash accents, all right? Forget whatever you've seen in the movies: they don't turn into bats, crosses don't work. Garlic? You wanna try garlic? You could stand there with garlic around your neck and one of these buggers will bend you %$%$%$%$ing over and take a walk up your strada-chocolata WHILE he's s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&' the blood outta your neck, all right? And they don't sleep in coffins lined in taffata. You wanna kill one, you drive a wooden stake right through his %$%$%$%$in' heart. Sunlight turns 'em into crispy critters. "

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,188
Almost forgot the Underworld Trilogy........Hottest Vampire.........Ever!!!

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #18
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 9,610



Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 07-23-2010 at 08:30 PM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,188
Just checked this one out last night....wasn't to bad....pretty enjoyable.


"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com