Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #31
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

I'm bummed, I like Di Matteo and was enjoying watching Chelsea play.
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #32
mosholu
Mosholu

Just got back from a two week trip to see Arsenal play three home games in a row. They look like they may be getting it together but I still have my doubts. The Chelsea situation is odd. All their purchases, Mata, Hazard, were to provide people to feed Torres. To bring Rafa in (who I like) who plays a defensive game plan makes no sense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
mosholu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #33
Chunkah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosholu View Post
Just got back from a two week trip to see Arsenal play three home games in a row. They look like they may be getting it together but I still have my doubts. The Chelsea situation is odd. All their purchases, Mata, Hazard, were to provide people to feed Torres. To bring Rafa in (who I like) who plays a defensive game plan makes no sense.
That must have been a GREAT trip.....except the Arsenal matches of course.

;-)

Chunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #34
mosholu
Mosholu

What a great morning of football. All three games were exciting and decided in the final minutes.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #35
inTHERAPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosholu View Post
What a great morning of football. All three games were exciting and decided in the final minutes.
yeah it was. the derby was was fun to watch. i can only imagine being there. Liverpool go the job done too, give 'em time

rather be fishin'
inTHERAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #36
inTHERAPY

Did you get a chance to watch liverpool v arsenal from yesterday. all in all a very good game with both sides playing above what they have been playing. next up for liver is man city, the game before the game. now if you had the opportunity to see the copa yesterday, barca and real was awesome!! (get to watch a lot of tvo when your home sick) if you did not get a chance to see it, look on bein sports i am sure it will replay

rather be fishin'
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #37
Clogston29
xxx

man, city is falling apart. had a feeling they wouldn't have what it took to repeat, but expected more than this. mancini tried to stay optomistic and rally the troops saying they were still in it, then they go out and get outclassed by southampton. i like seeing them lose (except Tevez who is one of my favorite players to watch), but would have liked to see them keep it close and push united since it doesn't look like chelsea is capable of doing it.

nice to see giggs score. my favorite player since he was coming on as the "super sub" back when he was 16. he's pretty much solely responsible for keeping me a united fan since then (cantona brought me in). thought it was a bit over the top though when Fergy called him a "fantastic human being" after the game though. Great player, but that seemed a bit over the top given his off field discretions.

looking forward to united v. madrid this week. should be a good test for united. despite the fact that they're running away with the prem, they just don't seem like a great team to me. too many iffy spots in the lineup, although vidic's return is helping the central defense alot and that was the biggest issue. jones handled fellini much better this week than in week one.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #38
numbskull

I suspect Mancini will get the boot come season end.

ManU doesn't look that good, just good enough. VP carried them through the first 1/2 and now with Vidic back they look much sounder defensively.

Chelsea is a joke, but way fun to watch Oscar, Hazard, and MAta play football.

Does anyone else think Bale is on roids? I hope Everton catch them for 4th.

Liverpool is becoming fun to watch but I just don't see Downing or Henderson having the quality to match up with the higher up teams. No way either starts for Man U, City, Chelsea, or Tottenham. I'll be curious to see what they got in this Cutinho guy.

So which EPL team does Mourinho end up with next year, or does he delay a few more years before taking over for Ferguson?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #39
Clogston29
xxx

Bale is getting big.

Bad loss for Liverpool today.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #40
Clogston29
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
Does anyone else think Bale is on roids?
he must be on whatever Christiano Ronaldo is on, since they look more alike every day.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Old 02-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #41
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
I suspect Mancini will get the boot come season end.

ManU doesn't look that good, just good enough. VP carried them through the first 1/2 and now with Vidic back they look much sounder defensively.

Chelsea is a joke, but way fun to watch Oscar, Hazard, and MAta play football.

Does anyone else think Bale is on roids? I hope Everton catch them for 4th.

Liverpool is becoming fun to watch but I just don't see Downing or Henderson having the quality to match up with the higher up teams. No way either starts for Man U, City, Chelsea, or Tottenham. I'll be curious to see what they got in this Cutinho guy.

So which EPL team does Mourinho end up with next year, or does he delay a few more years before taking over for Ferguson?
Bale is definitely using something. Liverpool is fun to watch, I have a couple good friends in their front office and will be doing a trip next fall, I can't wait.

ManU is a beast. They even win comfortably when they are outworked and outplayed.

Champions league Celtic/Juventus on shortly.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #42
inTHERAPY

bale is on fire and playing some good ball. he will be looking for a stronger team to pick him up.

juve handed it to em today. disappointing

really excited to watch real and united.

i'm trying real hard to keep the liverpool faith. they really have times of good play but can not put the game together. i am doubting that they will surpass their season high seventh place

rather be fishin'
Old 02-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #43
inTHERAPY

did u watch ac and barca? not the prettiest of games but......although i admire barca as the best team in soccer ( my god, i almost called it football ) i do like to see them lose occasionally. ac strategy was obviously closing down the middle with a hard defensive stand and play the long ball to el shaarway or wait for a break. very similar game to the celtic defeat of barca where barca controlled the game but could not break the defense. see what happens when they go to spain

so much soccer today, so little time. damn work i hope liverpool pulls their act together today. no sturridge, which sucks. 1 zenit goal and its over....

rather be fishin'
Old 02-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #44
numbskull

Well coached game by Milan, not so well by Barcelona. It is one thing to be the best team in the world. It is entirely something else to be unable to adapt to a situation and change your style of play. Laughable as it is, Barcelona would have been better with Peter Crouch out there than Messi yesterday. Nobody, no matter how good, was going to dribble or one two through that Milan defense, they needed to collapse it with long balls and play off the resultant havoc. Milan's coach set it up to force Barcelona to do something they lacked the players to do.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #45
Chunkah

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTHERAPY View Post
so much soccer today, so little time. damn work i hope liverpool pulls their act together today. no sturridge, which sucks. 1 zenit goal and its over....
Great game by Liverpool today. Ended up one goal shy of advancement, but the atmosphere at Anfield was second to none. The way they dominated play showed a lot, especially with Sturridge unavailable. Two amazing free kicks by Suarez....his second one was pure class.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #46
Clogston29
xxx

whatever bale is on, i want some.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #47
inTHERAPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogston29 View Post
whatever bale is on, i want some.

me too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gareth Bale and Emma Rhys Jones (1).jpg
Views:	201
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	55227  

rather be fishin'
Old 05-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #48
Clogston29
xxx

Ferguson calls it a day. Looks like Moyes will take over. I'm hoping for Moyes, don't really want the chosen one.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #49
Chunkah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogston29 View Post
Ferguson calls it a day. Looks like Moyes will take over. I'm hoping for Moyes, don't really want the chosen one.
Moyes to ManU on a six year deal. Not sure Moyes will have the appeal to draw in the worlds elite talent...the next few seasons will be interesting for United....risky move by ownership.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #50
numbskull

Goodbye, Mancini. Hooray for Wigan.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #51
Clogston29
xxx

great win for wigan. only got to see a bit of the game but looked like they earned it, didn't just sit back and get lucky at the other end.

i think moyes will work. money and club name should attract the players. picking the right ones will be the tough part. he and ferguson are close. bet ferguson will mentor, for lack of a better word, him for a year of so.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #52
mosholu
Mosholu

Today's game will be massive for both clubs. Wigan must win to stay up. Arsenal must win to secure a CL spot. I think that the FA Cup needs to be moved to the end of the season so that it does not interfere with the end of the season.
Waiting to see if Moyes can convince Rooney to stay on and that he has a future at ManU. Personally I do not think Rooney has a lot of options without taking a massive pay cut.
This transfer market will be interesting with four of the top six English clubs having a new manager along with four of the top clubs on the Continent changing managers as well.