Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
striperman36
Old Guy

So anybody get these Obama gifts Romney is saying sank his election?

I didn't get an Obama Gift, siggghh
Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

for a top notch busineman, romney has some serious trouble communicating. His message gets lost in how he says it.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
mosholu
Mosholu

How come with Obama these are "gifts" to get votes and with Mitt cutting taxes on cap gains and dividends were policies. I have given up on all these guys.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
PaulS

The RNC just came out with a report that blamed other reasons - changing demos, Sandy, GWB and Romney's not connecting/appealing (something like that) w/the middle class.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosholu View Post
How come with Obama these are "gifts" to get votes and with Mitt cutting taxes on cap gains and dividends were policies. I have given up on all these guys.
I can answer that.
None of Obamas "gifts" - contraceptives, student loans, high taxes on wealthy tie at all to creating jobs or stimulating the economy. There is no means to an end.

Romneys proposed policies that would stimulate the economy - these are means to an end. Lower taxes, businesses hire, tax revenues increase. Low cap gains, stumulate middle class investment and savings.
There is a difference

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosholu View Post
Easy answer - what Romney wants to do is confiscate less from people who take risks and create wealth. "Confiscating less" from someone, is not the same thing as giving them a gift. As a group, liberals seem to have a tough time distinguishing between those 2 things.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
ReelinRod

45,000,000+ total on Foodstamps + 400,000 new "enrollees" in August = Purchased Election for President Barack Gibsmedat

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
striperman36
Old Guy

If AMT is not adjusted anybody who makes a joint income above 75,000 is going to in that line too
Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
JohnnyD

Considering most people on this forum seem to either work hard or are retired, I'd expect few if any around here are receiving Obama's ever-increasing gifts.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #10
Fly Rod

I only paid towards the gifts....no free B's yet...trying to convince the mrs. we need to put what we have in a black box and take out as needed....and only then we can get the hand outs....after 40 years of work I feel I deserve it....why not get a free cell phone...my heat paid for and pay no taxes and get about 4,000 back when filing with the IRS....what a country...no place like America
Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
striperman36
Old Guy

I've tried to work out that black box thing, Haven't found a way to get that to work out so all my assets and incoming income go in and I draw a stipend as needed. Maybe I don't have enough to fill the box in.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
Piscator

C’mon guys, tis the season. This is a time of giving, not receiving.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
C’mon guys, tis the season. This is a time of giving, not receiving.
we give plenty....need to beat the wife to the mail box...looked in the mailbox a thank you card from Pathways for the donation...picked up the newspapaper front page headline...Pathways receives 2.5 million from uncle sam....told the wife no more giving... give it to grand kids...
Old 11-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
we give plenty....need to beat the wife to the mail box...looked in the mailbox a thank you card from Pathways for the donation...picked up the newspapaper front page headline...Pathways receives 2.5 million from uncle sam....told the wife no more giving... give it to grand kids...
Yup, we are changing our ways of donating too (not that we can afford to give much away anyway) but with the Government distributing it for us, we are going to have to take ourselves out of the game...............Someone called on Tuesday asking for money and I told them straight up, can't do it this year, going to have to put that money to increased taxes.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
Someone called on Tuesday asking for money and I told them straight up, can't do it this year, going to have to put that money to increased taxes.
Bingo! It gets tougher and tougher to justify charitable donations each year when Uncle Scam keeps coming for more and more more for "donations".
Old 11-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #16
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Bingo! It gets tougher and tougher to justify charitable donations each year when Uncle Scam keeps coming for more and more more for "donations".
Pretty much what Joe Biden has been doing for years. What a puke for a human being.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #17
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Don't ever donate a boat.
You will not see anything until whoever it is donated to sells it.
Then it'll be for whatever they sold it for.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #18
Fly Rod

I would rather invite a dozen needy people to a thanksgiving diner then to give my monies to charity...tryinto figure it out so only people in need( maybe with kids) apply for one of two sittings at thanks giving