Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #1
basswipe

Stop sign runners

You run the stop sign but I get the finger.Wow.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
BMEUPSCOTTY

I hear that... Sometimes though, (like at a four way) I wish they would run it instead of sitting there waiting for me to stop and then give them permission to go. Why do you need my consent? You were there first!
And then there is the left lane addicts on the highway... that is getting worse lately it seems.
MA has somehow failed to teach people entering the highway that they have the responsibility to yield, and it's not everyone else's job to move left... Also poor design on entrance ramps (curves too sharp to maintain merging speed) contributes to this. Maybe they're starting to get the idea though. The 24/44 area is a big improvement!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:22 PM   #3
basswipe

Happened again today,same stop sign.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:37 AM   #4
Raven

mount a go pro on your dash
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:15 AM   #5
Hookedagain

Merging is the worst, no-one knows the rules of the road. I tow a trailer for work and its very difficult to slow?stop quickly. These people dart right out in front of you doing 40 mph while traffic is doing 65, and I get the finger. Another thing I can't stand is when there is construction or an accident, everyone is merging right to get around it and a guy blows up the outside lane and tries to cut in 20 cars ahead of you. Hey, I have to wait in line why do you get to blow by and not wait. Truly the worst part go my job is the traveling.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:48 PM   #6
FishermanTim

Sadly most of the younger drivers don't know the rules of the road.
Many learned to drive from playing stupid video games, so that's where they got their driving skills and etiquette.

We've all seen the a-hole that speeds up to get one car closer to a light, stop sign or traffic jam.
Then there's the a-clowns that never learned what the indicator lever on the steering column is for.
Then there's the accident-waiting-to-happen that loves to stop and THEN signal where they are going.
And as mentioned earlier, the total buttwads that don't know what MERGE and YIELD mean (let alone know how to spell it).

All I can say is thankfully I care more about my truck than these social rejects do about their POS jalopies and their luxury rentals
(you REALLY think these idiots are smart enough to be able to afford a BMW, AUDI or LEXUS???)

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:27 PM   #7
basswipe

Quote:
Then there's the accident-waiting-to-happen that loves to stop and THEN signal where they are going.
That one truly gets me in a fit.