Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

I am getting the electric thing soon like this week and giving it hell. I smoke like its a job. Last time I quit I was in the gym everyday for two years almost. Now I am a tub. My dead lift is probably back around my body weight now. Sad.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Slingah

DO IT

3 years smoke free.

Live at Leeds
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
WESTPORTMAFIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
I am getting the electric thing soon like this week and giving it hell. I smoke like its a job. Last time I quit I was in the gym everyday for two years almost. Now I am a tub. My dead lift is probably back around my body weight now. Sad.
The electric thing sucks and just makes you want to smoke even more. The patch has been working great. No real cravings even when partying with smokers this past long weekend. Yesterday I went without a patch just to see and I didn't need a smoke. I did put one on this am just to be safe and follow the program. I tried the e smoke for #^&#^&#^&#^&zz and giggles a couple of months ago. All it did was prime me up while I was indoors to go out for the real thing. I have been smoking for 21 years and I'm only 34. What a shame! 7 days without a butt and I'm not missing it at all so far. Hopefully this is the end. I have no real cravings or reasons to smoke. Plus now I can smell it on other people and it's friggin HORRIBLE. That's how I smelled for more than half of my life
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA View Post
. Plus now I can smell it on other people and it's friggin HORRIBLE. That's how I smelled for more than half of my life
You still stink now, it's just the other smell isn't covered up by the smoke anymore.

Seriously, congrats on quitting, man. Your kid will appreciate the extra years you have to spend with him.

If you have any more of the Acid Dirt cigars, you can give them to me next week. You don't want to be tempted by having them around, lol.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
WESTPORTMAFIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
You still stink now, it's just the other smell isn't covered up by the smoke anymore.

Seriously, congrats on quitting, man. Your kid will appreciate the extra years you have to spend with him.

If you have any more of the Acid Dirt cigars, you can give them to me next week. You don't want to be tempted by having them around, lol.
I have a humidor full of stuff in the basement but I haven't added water in years! Any way of reviving them?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
Guppy
User

Finally got it licked!!! Quit several times over the past 5 yrs or so. It looks like this time it stuck,,, thank God.
Started the gym and patch every morning at 5:00 (except fishing days :-)) several months ago. Off the patch and still on the gym.

Don't ever give up trying,,, it can be done and the gym is fun,,, hey! that rhymes

Gup
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
fishbones

Quote:
I have a humidor full of stuff in the basement but I haven't added water in years! Any way of reviving them?
If the wrappers are intact and they don't fall apart when you pick them up, they can be revived. They won't be perfect, but they'll be very smokable. There are a few ways of doing it, but I usually just humidify the heck out of them for a couple weeks.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
WESTPORTMAFIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
If the wrappers are intact and they don't fall apart when you pick them up, they can be revived. They won't be perfect, but they'll be very smokable. There are a few ways of doing it, but I usually just humidify the heck out of them for a couple weeks.
I'll trade them for one of your famous reach arounds. Remind me and I'll bring them to Bob's
Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
WESTPORTMAFIA

I might still have a bunch of Cuba in there also
Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #10
fishbones

Quote:
I'll trade them for one of your famous reach arounds. Remind me and I'll bring them to Bob's
You got it. And for the record, you would have got the reach around anyways.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #11
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

Quote:
Flush them down the crapper.

thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #12
basswipe

11yrs and couple of months for me.

I don't have many personal positive accomplishments in life but this does count as one of the few positive ones.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:40 PM   #13
Guppy
User

I'm pulling for you guys,,, you can do it!
The patch worked for me and it wasn't the first time but it finally stuck a couple years ago. Toothpicks are helpful also.
Hey! A pack a day buy a hell of a lot of store bought plugage a month.
������������

Last edited by Guppy; 12-31-2013 at 05:49 PM..
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

I quit 12/22/12 I figured the world didn't end so I had something to maybe live for, I went Cold turkey. I just sold the last 7 packs in a carton I had left today Maybe this time I will not start up again

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #15
vineyardblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoobob View Post
I quit 12/22/12 I figured the world didn't end so I had something to maybe live for, I went Cold turkey. I just sold the last 7 packs in a carton I had left today Maybe this time I will not start up again

Freakin Huge Bob , congrats .....

It's been 2 years with out a butt or beer for me

The beer was easy, the cigs were a PIA, but now 2 years later I could care less... Funny thing is I work at UMass hospital and can pick out a smoker in a sec .. they way they talk , smell and just about everything else
ps, a little weed never hurt anyone

pps, just watch what you eat because it is true you can now taste food sooo much better
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote