Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #61
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Spence, your disertation on General Ham, who as you say was "calling the shots",
was very interesting.
However, Rep Jason Chaffetz R Utah, spoke personally with General Ham
and he said he did not receive a call and was not given military orders.

So much for we did all we could do.
That's what was said by the Secretary of Defense. I read the rumor report and it's potentially very misleading...in fact as it sits it doesn't bring any new information that wasn't already reported.

This is the problem with this entire story. You have Fox making a report based on what someone said about what someone else said. You have information spun into something it isn't necessarily (like the 7 hours) to come to conculsions after the fact that aren't supported by available information.

Panetta's remark about Monday morning quarterbacking couldn't be more spot on.

Fox continues to beat the story without any new data or analysis, they just keep running the same stuff over and over. No bias there...

-spence
Old 10-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #62
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

You know what the biggest deal about this whole thing is? We should barely know it even happened. If this had happened twenty five years or thirty years ago the attack might have taken place. But we would have been in there in two hours blown the place to hell gotten our guys out and handled it. We are the USA we are not France the UK or Switzerland sitting back saying what are you guys going to do.

The attack occurred and now we look like a joke to the terrorists. Seems to me Qaddafi made a couple of veiled threats about thirty years ago. What happened. We sent a missile into one of his tents and you never heard about him being a threat any more. The fact is we are carrying the worlds water with Chinese money and they hate us for it. So get the hell out or carry the big stick. This shouldn't be a controversy it should just be a done issue. If Obamas administration's intent was to claim the YouTube video caused the attack then why the hell did any other info get out. The man doesn't even command enough respect in his own staff to keep this stuff out of the press. What else is getting put out there through this administration. We look like a joke and rightfully so.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #63
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

This is the problem with this entire story. You have Fox making a report based on what someone said about what someone else said. You have information spun into something it isn't necessarily (like the 7 hours) to come to conculsions after the fact that aren't supported by available information.

-spence
Spence, you were touting the great qualifications of General Ham as if he was
consulted on the situation and he wasn't. Don't you think all stops should
have been pulled and he should have,at the very least,been consulted about
the siuation? Doesn't leave much room for confidence in the leadership.

The person, Congressman Jason Chaffetz who was interviewed on national TV,
stated he personally spoke with General Ham, and told he was neither consulted
or was asked for military asissstance. I'll take HIS word on it.
Looks like all that could have been done wasn't.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #64
Jim in CT

In Spenceworld, if you repeat what has been reported, and it's not favorable to Obama, you are irresponsibly jumping the gun. But the second anyone says anything that deflects blame away from Obama, as far as Spence is concerned, it's the Word of God. And that's good enough for him.

Anything that makes Obama look like an idiot must be questioned, anything that makes him look good is above reproach.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #65
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

That is how most of the left operates these days. Because I think Obama has done a piss poor job and he has. People treat me like I hate women hate the poor animals etc etc. for the most part I think the division lines are being drawn by the left. I truly think I am moderate. I just want a president who is accountable understands a budget and a senate house that passes one.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device