Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-25-2018, 02:20 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Spence, it’s bad for the senate to bring in an expert sexual crimes prosecutor who is a female, to question both Ford and Kavanaugh? i’d think you and Ford would love that move. i doubt she wants to get questioned by a bunch of old white guys, right? why not bring in an expert who knows how to best get to the truth in these situations?

It can’t be that neither you nor Ford is interested in the truth, but rather in smear, can it?

that would explain why she hasn’t asked the Md police to investigate.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-25-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, it’s bad for the senate to bring in an expert sexual crimes prosecutor who is a female, to question both Ford and Kavanaugh?
I've not seen anything that says the attorney is going to question both people. Regardless, you'd do this because you hope to destroy the witness, not get to the facts.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I've not seen anything that says the attorney is going to question both people. Regardless, you'd do this because you hope to destroy the witness, not get to the facts.
i have seen multiple reports that the attorney would question both. she’s a prosecutor, not a defense expert. you’d only run from this, if you feared the truth. kind of like opposing drug tests.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:38 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
i have seen multiple reports that the attorney would question both. she’s a prosecutor, not a defense expert. you’d only run from this, if you feared the truth. kind of like opposing drug tests.
Why wouldn't the Senators question her themselves? I'm sure they have attorney's behind the scene writing the questions.

What are they afraid of?
Old 09-25-2018, 09:18 PM   #5
scottw

Quote:

Why wouldn't the Senators question her themselves?
What are they afraid of?
so evil democraps can't whine that she's being bullied.....
Old 09-26-2018, 11:17 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so evil democraps can't whine that she's being bullied.....
Nothing will stop them from that whining.

I still don't see the bad idea of bringing in a subject matter expert. Well, I see the problem if this is just a smear campaign, I see no problem if the goal is justice.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #7
scottw

I wonder if the democrats have reached peak crazy yet....
Old 09-27-2018, 07:28 AM   #8
scottw

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1151866] Spence, it’s bad for the senate to bring in an expert sexual crimes prosecutor who is a female, to question both Ford and Kavanaugh?

Quote:

Regardless, you'd do this because you hope to destroy the witness, not get to the facts.

"Rachel Mitchell, a veteran prosecutor from Arizona whose “life mission” has been to investigate sex crimes. Mitchell’s boss, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, praised called her a “professional, fair, objective prosecutor” who has a “caring heart” for victims.The people of America are well served with her involvement in this process,” he said.

Mitchell — a graduate of the Arizona State University law school — has worked as a prosecutor since 1993 and spent 12 years running the bureau in the division responsible for the prosecution of sex-related felonies, including adult sexual assault.

Cindi Nannetti, her former supervisor and co-counsel on high-profile cases, said: “Rachel doesn’t seek attention as a lawyer. She has excellent judgment. She demands thorough investigation by police officers. Her bottom line is justice.

“She’s super smart. I just don’t think she’ll be bullied by anyone. She just doesn’t look at anything politically.”
Old 09-27-2018, 07:40 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

[QUOTE=scottw;1152076]
Quote:
Spence, it’s bad for the senate to bring in an expert sexual crimes prosecutor who is a female, to question both Ford and Kavanaugh?

"Rachel Mitchell, a veteran prosecutor from Arizona whose “life mission” has been to investigate sex crimes. Mitchell’s boss, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, praised called her a “professional, fair, objective prosecutor” who has a “caring heart” for victims.The people of America are well served with her involvement in this process,” he said.

Mitchell — a graduate of the Arizona State University law school — has worked as a prosecutor since 1993 and spent 12 years running the bureau in the division responsible for the prosecution of sex-related felonies, including adult sexual assault.

Cindi Nannetti, her former supervisor and co-counsel on high-profile cases, said: “Rachel doesn’t seek attention as a lawyer. She has excellent judgment. She demands thorough investigation by police officers. Her bottom line is justice.

“She’s super smart. I just don’t think she’ll be bullied by anyone. She just doesn’t look at anything politically.”
Sounds familiar, pretty typical laudatory quote

“Robert Mueller is the perfect choice,” Jeffries said. “Most important is his integrity. For Bob, integrity is not merely a policy or a practice; it’s character. He is incapable of dishonesty or dissembling. Additionally, he has the skill and experience to be effective. His appointment has been universally applauded, as it should be.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-27-2018, 08:30 AM   #10
scottw

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1152077]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Sounds familiar, pretty typical laudatory quote

no...it sounds like exactly the opposite of what spence attempted to imply