Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 08-12-2006, 08:02 AM   #1
Skitterpop

British Muslims Angry

That they are being seen as potential terrorists .........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is this racial profiling? Remember the Unabomber? Or many other caucasian terrorists and bombers.

How do you see this situation?

Good health and family
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:51 AM   #2
spence

I'm amazed to be honest at how many people I talk to who feel we should be targeting young Muslims specifically regardless of their behavior or nationality.

It's justified as common sense (looking at the numbers) but deeper down it's simply fear of a people or subtle (or not so) bigotry.

History has a terrible track record in this regard...it's the basis for genocide.

If I was a 25 year old American Muslim today I would be guilty until proven innocent in many Americans eyes. This is a very sad situation.

Remember the Sikh who was killed shortly after 9/11 by some dumb%$%$%$%$? It's exactly this kind of ignorant fear that will make the problem worse.

I'm sure people will argue, but...but...but...

Hey, I'm aware of the reality...which is why I'm a believer in the power of profiling when used properly including firm oversight.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:56 AM   #3
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence
Remember the Sikh who was killed shortly after 9/11 by some dumb%$%$%$%$? It's exactly this kind of ignorant fear that will make the problem worse.
Or the Indias who's shops were trashed by the common inbred 'git r dun' retards in this country.

People are so g'd stupid.

ps: I send plugs to muslims in Malaysia. (Jihari caught two kingfish on a seagar the other day )
Wonder if thats been getting me on the watch list too.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #4
Backbeach Jake

If the so-called "offended or outraged "Muslims would take a more active role in fighting terrorism instead of secretely supporting them, morally or financially, then we non-Muslims wouldn't have to rely so heavily on "profiling". The way I see this situation: A group of people have declared war on civilization as it is known today. That group is or uses Islam as their identity. In order to investigate suspected future terror attacks are we to start questioning Lutherans? Buddists? No. It has nothing to do with Political Correctness ( which I see as a disease of the human guilt, but that is another arguement), it has to do with the effective fight against terror. Try to keep in mind that political correctness and consideration are two different things. Politics blows,in the wind.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #5
Flaptail

Thumbs down

Again, Religion screws up the world. Sad but true. If there is a God in heaven I hope he is ashamed of what is transpiring. I am.

Imagine there's no religion, Lennon was more correct than he could ever hope to imagine.

I have no use for churches, religion has been corrupted over the melinium. I ask that we only get along, accept each other for what we are, respect each other and care for one another whenever it is needed. I don't need a mostly fictional book to give me direction or guide my life.

Religion, the scourge of the world and it's many peoples.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:47 AM   #6
Skip N

Where's all th outrage around the world from all the so called "good muslims"? I see zero outrage and rarely do i see anyone protest from the good muslims, condeming the high jack of thier religion. What am i a supposed to think when i see no outrage? Maybe if the good ones would join together in mass and condem the terror attacks, myself, and many others would feel alot different.

And the few muslims who do have the balls to speak out and condem terror, recieve constant death threats from the radicals.

Sadly i think the good Muslims are living in total fear and are afraid to speak out, because they know what will happen to them. But by doing so, they run the risk of us wondering what the hell they are actually thinking. How could we not have these thought if they never say a damn word against radical islam!? They are always silent.

Islam, the religion of peace!

Last edited by Skip N; 08-12-2006 at 11:22 AM..
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #7
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake
If the so-called "offended or outraged "Muslims would take a more active role in fighting terrorism instead of secretely supporting them, morally or financially, then we non-Muslims wouldn't have to rely so heavily on "profiling". The way I see this situation: A group of people have declared war on civilization as it is known today. That group is or uses Islam as their identity. In order to investigate suspected future terror attacks are we to start questioning Lutherans? Buddists? No. It has nothing to do with Political Correctness ( which I see as a disease of the human guilt, but that is another arguement), it has to do with the effective fight against terror. Try to keep in mind that political correctness and consideration are two different things. Politics blows,in the wind.
Nope can't profile, only white guys in thier 70's should be pofiled. Judging by some the posts on here, thats what people want to do i guess.

We know who fits the profile of the modern terroist, so why are we acting all stupid and not using common sense? Do we want to get our jets blown out of the sky again? if we dont use some kind of profiling and resort to searching old white ladies, we are playing with fire my friends.

Last edited by Skip N; 08-12-2006 at 11:23 AM..
Old 08-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitterpop
That they are being seen as potential terrorists .........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is this racial profiling? Remember the Unabomber? Or many other caucasian terrorists and bombers.

How do you see this situation?
So who's the greatest threat to the world right now? Thousands upon thousands of radical Islamic terroists who's goal is to wipe us all off the map. Or a lone white guys like the unibomber? or some random nut who might bomb an abortion clinic? please tell me you're not trying to compare the two?

Last edited by Skip N; 08-12-2006 at 11:18 AM..
Old 08-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #9
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
BULLS EYE, ya nailed it Fred.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #10
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I agree w/SkipN, no question about. Even the so-called non facist (good) muslims condemn thier bretheren openly and behind closed doors I'll not look upon all muslims with a modicum of suspicion.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
A group of people have declared war on civilization as it is known today.
This line of thinking just isn't supported by history.

What we're dealing with is not a clash of civilizations, but a clash within Islam itsself, and the Western world has had a strong hand shaping the environment where violent "political" Islam has risen.

Our leaders keep telling us this is "good" versus "evil" so we don't question their policy which is blatantly ignoring history.

Our Shiite does indeed stink a wee bit

In a round about way this is exactly what corrupt Islamic leaders do to their people to keep them distracted...blame Israel, blame America etc...except in our case it's blame Islam, blame Iran blah, blah, blah...

Now a "good" muslim is a "non-fascist" muslim? Are you kidding me, is a young muslim man guilty until proven innocent simply because of who he is?

With the way some of you are thinking I'm starting to believe I'll see Muslims rounded up like the Japanese back in WW2. Becareful with some of these thoughts because they're looking a lot like bigotry.

Perhaps it's just frustration that the Administration really isn't doing much to address these issues...

-spence
Old 08-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #12
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaptail
Again, Religion screws up the world. Sad but true. If there is a God in heaven I hope he is ashamed of what is transpiring. I am.

Imagine there's no religion, Lennon was more correct than he could ever hope to imagine.

I have no use for churches, religion has been corrupted over the melinium. I ask that we only get along, accept each other for what we are, respect each other and care for one another whenever it is needed. I don't need a mostly fictional book to give me direction or guide my life.

Religion, the scourge of the world and it's many peoples.
Could not have said it better myself.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #13
Skitterpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N
So who's the greatest threat to the world right now? Thousands upon thousands of radical Islamic terroists who's goal is to wipe us all off the map. Or a lone white guys like the unibomber? or some random nut who might bomb an abortion clinic? please tell me you're not trying to compare the two?

Hey Skip.....there you are! I missed your irrational thought process

Read my brief post slowly and get back to me ok.

Good health and family
Old 08-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #14
Skitterpop

With the way some of you are thinking I'm starting to believe I'll see Muslims rounded up like the Japanese back in WW2.
-spence

We have been there and done that already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a daily basis how many young muslims are being taught about the enemy and how it is their holy duty to destroy them every chance they get.... along with their religious studies, recess and snack time.

I don`t know.... but I`m guessing its well over a million world wide.

I liked Backbeach Jakes post.... no matter how you shake it its a tough row to hoe.

Good health and family
Old 08-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitterpop
On a daily basis how many young muslims are being taught about the enemy and how it is their holy duty to destroy them every chance they get.... along with their religious studies, recess and snack time.
It's a good question, but a guess doesn't really help us much now does it?

I do think you're striking a big thread of misunderstanding about Islam, the concept of Jihad and it's violent incarnations throughout history.

This isn't to say that there isn't a lot of hate and blame taught, but then again we do have Pat Robertson and Jerry Fallwell

As I've been saying, the problem we're facing isn't rooted in Islam proper, but a political expression of Islam that's evolved in our world...not born from the Koran.

Kids in madrassas (sp?) aren't taught hate because the Koran says to...it's because their political leadership wants to control them.

-spence
Old 08-12-2006, 03:18 PM   #16
spence

Or think of it this way...

Do you think a Palestenian straps bombs to themselves and walks into a crowded cafe because of:

A) Devotion to the Koran

or

B) Rage, humiliation and despair

-spence
Old 08-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #17
Skitterpop

B.

And I`m only talking about the radical training....not all Muslims.

Good health and family
Old 08-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #18
spence

Second question...

If Osama showed up at your doorstep, do you think he'd try to kill your family because you're all infidels?

-spence
Old 08-12-2006, 08:08 PM   #19
spence

Quote:
If the so-called "offended or outraged "Muslims would take a more active role in fighting terrorism instead of secretely supporting them, morally or financially, then we non-Muslims wouldn't have to rely so heavily on "profiling".
Regarding this specifically...

I've seen plenty of Muslim outrage since 9/11. Additionally many of the tips that have led to terror arrests have come from within the Islamic community...but it's also clear that the Islamic communities do not hold much power in the Western world.

Countries like Jordan and Pakistan have provided tremendous help, but walk a tightrope between aiding the US and facing a revolt of their own people.

The simple fact is that Muslims have a similar bond in many ways as does the Jewish community, and acts of oppression or aggression against a minority community is seen as an act against the entire group.

While certainly those who commit violence are responsible for their actions, it's also pretty clear that Muslims in Palestine, Chechnya etc... actually do have a pretty good beef against their oppressors.

This is precisely what's being expolited by alQaeda for political gain.

-spence
Old 08-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #20
Backbeach Jake

Quote:
Second question...

If Osama showed up at your doorstep, do you think he'd try to kill your family because you're all infidels?

-spence
That's yet another part of this equation. Osama would not show up at my house, he would send some poor,uneducated rube from the impoverished "sticks" to do his dirty work for him. That seems to be the pattern with these Islamic "leaders", keep your people in the dark, tell them that it's America screwing them and that they have nothing to live for. Give them a vest bomb and send them off.
And yes I do absolutely believe that radical Islam is trying to destroy civilisation as we know it. Islam was not even 50 years old when it's armies burnt Alexandria. That was the Dark in the Dark Ages. What better way to destroy a culture, than to destroy it's "database"?
I do agree that Islam is in a Holy Civil War and both sides are using non-Islamic cultures as the scapegoat.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Old 08-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #21
Skip N

Quote:
Second question...

-spence
I wouldnt wait to find out, a bullet would be stuck in his skull before he could say or do anything.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #22
spence

Quote:
That's yet another part of this equation. Osama would not show up at my house, he would send some poor,uneducated rube from the impoverished "sticks" to do his dirty work for him.
Well, on 9/11 they sent some pretty well educated "rubes" to do their dirty work.

Quote:
That seems to be the pattern with these Islamic "leaders", keep your people in the dark, tell them that it's America screwing them and that they have nothing to live for. Give them a vest bomb and send them off.
On that I'd somewhat agree.

Certainly the Islamic leadership has done a pathetic job in many countries, and combined with other exacerbating issues you have an explosive cocktail.

But remember that we're not seeing to many Islamic terrorists from Jordan, India, Turkey etc... who all have large Islamic populations...

Why is this?

-spence
Old 08-12-2006, 09:03 PM   #23
Backbeach Jake

[QUOTE=spence]Well, on 9/11 they sent some pretty well educated "rubes" to do their dirty work.

Certainly the Islamic leadership has done a pathetic job in many countries, and combined with other exacerbating issues you have an explosive cocktail.

But remember that we're not seeing to many Islamic terrorists from Jordan, India, Turkey etc... who all have large Islamic populations...

Why is this?

Why? Because their leaders are or have been European educated and try to rule in the European model. They do not seek absolute domination of their people. And they allow HOPE to exist. My best guess.

Thomas Paine
Old 08-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #24
spence

Quote:
Why? Because their leaders are or have been European educated and try to rule in the European model. They do not seek absolute domination of their people. And they allow HOPE to exist. My best guess.
Yes hope, such a powerful counter to despair...

So how can we promote hope?

-spence
Old 08-13-2006, 05:43 AM   #25
Raven

by

dropping a nuke
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:26 AM   #26
Flaptail

Question

[QUOTE=Backbeach Jake]
Quote:
Well, on 9/11 they sent some pretty well educated "rubes" to do their dirty work.

Why is this?

And on the eve of 9-11 they went out drinking and to a strip club. Is that cool according to the Quoran? I thought they were suposed to die before they had thier poontang?

Why even try.........
Old 08-13-2006, 07:30 AM   #27
Flaptail

Thumbs down

Screw British Muslims, they get what they deserve. Anger hate and rage over British and foriegn policies. If they weren't in Britain they would be living in a mud brick hut cooking over burning goat turds and wiping thier ass with thier left hands and using that to cook with.

Muslim first British second? Then go back to Asslamabad or whever your sorry bearded robed asses come from.

Why even try.........
Old 08-13-2006, 07:56 AM   #28
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

ya think that maybe the good muslums could amend the koran- you know the part that states" kill all infidels where they stand"?

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #29
Backbeach Jake

People who move to other countries to live and work, and then bitch about their new homes were probably malcontents in their old homes, too. They'll never be happy anywhere. Sometimes I think that they come here to complain because we don't have militias that will shoot them on the spot.
I also am beginning to believe that our culture that is willing to punish it's own is a rare one.

Thomas Paine
Old 08-13-2006, 09:19 AM   #30
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaptail
Muslim first British second? Then go back to Asslamabad or whever your sorry bearded robed asses come from.
You don't think there are American Jews that would think of Israel first?

Or how about social conservatives that place their religion before the US Constitution in political action?

-spence