Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 01-16-2021, 07:39 PM   #1
Guppy
User

WTF, I cut it twice and it’s still short!
Click image for larger version

Name:	93B862E1-3769-4952-AAF3-BC748B6ACBC4.jpeg
Views:	1115
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	67639
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:41 AM   #2
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
WTF, I cut it twice and it’s still short!
Attachment 67639
Ray....it's worse than that...I could have gone around taking a bunch of pictures of the crap job they did.....gaps everywhere!!!(here's where improper use of a nail gun is to blame......nails go in but lumber is not driven together ....like with the last blow from a 22 oz hammer).....out of plumb studs....wall intersections hardly nailed.....headers sticking past the studs.....i could go on....horrible! Bottom line is they lack the intelligence and skill to understand the process.....and dont give a crap what I think anyway. I was framing houses "the right way" before any of these guys were born. But exposing them as butchers would not change a thing... whoever replaces them will be just as bad or worse.....seen it before. Boss doesnt want to hear it either......rant over
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:38 AM   #3
Hookedagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Ray....it's worse than that...I could have gone around taking a bunch of pictures of the crap job they did.....gaps everywhere!!!(here's where improper use of a nail gun is to blame......nails go in but lumber is not driven together ....like with the last blow from a 22 oz hammer).....out of plumb studs....wall intersections hardly nailed.....headers sticking past the studs.....i could go on....horrible! Bottom line is they lack the intelligence and skill to understand the process.....and dont give a crap what I think anyway. I was framing houses "the right way" before any of these guys were born. But exposing them as butchers would not change a thing... whoever replaces them will be just as bad or worse.....seen it before. Boss doesnt want to hear it either......rant over
Its just beer money for the week end...a job, thats all it it. They are not craftsmen at all.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:00 PM   #4
Guppy
User

How bout these..

Nailing off strapping by hand....
Miter cut wooden gutters with hand saw miter box....
Nailing the last few cap shingles after the suns gone down to finish the roof in the middle of February and you hit your thumb....
Staging plank snaps with u on it...
One of the monkeys removed a temp stay and a gust of wind blows the gable wall falls off the end of the frame........
Carrying 1 1/8” ply on a commercial job...
Your lunch left in the pickup didn’t thaw....
First day of deer season and no one shows for work.....
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:59 AM   #5
Rmarsh

I love it Ray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
How bout these..

Nailing off strapping by hand....switch hands when one arm goes numb
Miter cut wooden gutters with hand saw miter box....then drill for the lead outlet....trace and chisel out to set flush
Nailing the last few cap shingles after the suns gone down to finish the roof in the middle of February and you hit your thumb....or sitting on icy staging plank with snow melting off the roof
Staging plank snaps with u on it...then a spliced 2x4 pump jack pole snaps with me at the tippy top.
One of the monkeys removed a temp stay and a gust of wind blows the gable wall falls off the end of the frame........lift a wall to shoulder height and the wind takes it and throws it from the second floor
Carrying 1 1/8” ply on a commercial job...or two twelve foot sheets of 5/8 firecode with my nut job boss running with it
Your lunch left in the pickup didn’t thaw....left it on a lumber pile and a dog ate mine
First day of deer season and no one shows for work.....for me would be first FAC day in june.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote