Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-22-2022, 01:41 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
states can decide what the punishment should be.

if someone slaughtered you because your existence was inconvenient for them, what punishment would you think was appropriate?

I’d like to see you answer that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Can’t answer (insert insult, typically misogynist)?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 01:55 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Can’t answer (insert insult, typically misogynist)?
you’re the one who can’t answer. then penalty should be whatever you think the penalty should be for slaughtering another innocent person for convenience. You tell me what that is.
Old 07-22-2022, 11:21 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re the one who can’t answer. then penalty should be whatever you think the penalty should be for slaughtering another innocent person for convenience. You tell me what that is.
Perhaps your god should deal with it, rather than imposing your religious beliefs on our government.

Voter registration is up more than 1,000% in Kansas since Roe v Wade was overturned & up 627% in Missouri. The anti-choice Republicans are now losing popularity in the red states. And we still have more J6 hearings on the way. Yup. Democrats are poised to win the midterms.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-23-2022, 01:51 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:

Yup. Democrats are poised to win the midterms.

Cook Report yesterday.....sounds like your only hope is trump...that's pretty ironic

"Democrats fervently hope that the reversal of Roe v. Wade, gun legislation, and the findings of the Jan. 6 committee (or some combination thereof) might galvanize their voters enough to retain at least one chamber. But data suggests that even a combination of all three is unlikely to be the antidote for their problems.

The public is exhibiting an incredibly high level of pessimism about the direction of the country thanks in part to a variety of economic indicators that are all flashing red. Inflation is running at its highest rate in more than 40 years, the National Association of Realtors reported in May that the ability of buyers to afford a home hit its lowest levels since 2006, and over half of Americans and a majority of economists are bracing for a recession in the next year or 18 months.

With those factors, along with the inability of President Biden and congressional Democrats to even remotely deliver on all they promised, there is plenty to be pessimistic about for Democrats. Midterm elections are basically report cards halfway through a president’s term, an opportunity for voters to choose between “stay the course” or “time for a change.” History shows their proclivity is to opt for a midcourse correction, if not a total reversal of what happened two years earlier. Setbacks from bad elections have enormous consequences. The composition of the U.S. Supreme Court is a prime example of that, but there are other potentially grave consequences—more on that later."

Yet there might be one silver lining for Democrats on the distant horizon. Should former President Trump decide, against the advice of nearly every Republican strategist alive, to announce his candidacy before the midterm elections in November, he might energize Democratic voters enough to minimize their losses at the margins. I am not sure it would save one or both majorities, but it certainly has the potential to have a greater impact than abortion, guns, and Jan. 6 combined.

Democrats can little afford another disastrous midterm and yet, one looks quite likely to be on the horizon. You can’t blame them for looking for any way to escape this; the question is whether Donald Trump will provide them with one."
Old 07-23-2022, 07:09 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Perhaps your god should deal with it, rather than imposing your religious beliefs on our government.

Voter registration is up more than 1,000% in Kansas since Roe v Wade was overturned & up 627% in Missouri. The anti-choice Republicans are now losing popularity in the red states. And we still have more J6 hearings on the way. Yup. Democrats are poised to win the midterms.
yup. Kansas is going to flip blue as the democrats rout the gop in november.