Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-24-2020, 08:27 AM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the officers did not execute a no-knock warrant. even i thought they did, because everyone was saying it.
Everyone was saying it because a no knock warrant is what was initially issued. After it was determined Breonna Taylor had no criminal history they were advised to knock. I don't think this was public info until this week. Even though, a pounding on the door before bursting through doesn't make much of a difference. You likely don't have time to realize what's going on. I had a home invasion once, it was a blur.

Quote:
according to what the cops said, and corroborated by people
living in the apartment building, the cops yelled “police” first, then knocked.
Not people, a single person said they heard the cops say police. Several others nearby said they only heard the knock.

Quote:
upon entering, taylor’s boyfriend ( a drug dealer for whom the warrant was granted) shot one of the cops. he admits he fired first.
Her boyfriend at the time was not a drug dealer and was not on the warrant. Breonna Taylor was on the warrant because the police were suspicious she was handling drugs for a former boyfriend who is a drug dealer. This claim was investigated by the Postal Inspector before the search and found to be untrue. The police moved forward anyway.

Quote:
almost everything i heard about this case in the media was a lie. a politically convenient lie.
That's because you don't take the time to read basic and readily available reporting.

Also note there are claims that the police tried to cover up their actions by trying to get the actual drug dealer to lie and say Breonna Taylor was involved in a crime syndicate.

It does seem a little crazy that the only charges filed had nothing to do with Breonna Taylor's death but around the shots fired into an adjacent apartment. Had George Floyd not happened this whole event would have just been swept under the rug.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #32
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

It does seem a little crazy that the only charges filed had nothing to do with Breonna Taylor's death but around the shots fired into an adjacent apartment.
those are the only shots that were fired that were not justified...why is that difficult for you to understand?
Old 09-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Very impressive. And note that what he chose to include and exclude, all helps serve The Narrative.
Ok, tough guy what exactly did I chose to exclude?

I really doubt you have many friends the way you talk to people bc you really come across as a #^&#^&#^&#^&.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

I really doubt you have many friends the way you talk to people bc you really come across as a #^&#^&#^&#^&.
oh here we go....
Old 09-24-2020, 08:31 AM   #35
PaulS

Quote:

Also note there are claims that the police tried to cover up their actions by trying to get the actual drug dealer to lie and say Breonna Taylor was involved in a crime syndicate.
yes, that is stunning.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 09-24-2020 at 09:15 AM..
Old 09-24-2020, 08:33 AM   #36
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
oh here we go....
You've bc a #^&#^&#^&#^& too.

Seems like a common thing for the rightys here. RR and then SD were evicted from a slum that allows pretty much anything. The way Jim talks to people here with his anger - he should be next.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:40 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:

that the cops identified themselves, and that the guy in the apartment shot first, and hit a cop, which means a hail of bullets are going to come back, every single time/

You left those facts out. Pointing that out, doesn't make be tough. It makes me honest.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:42 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:

Seems like a common thing for the rightys here. RR and then SD were evicted from a slum that allows pretty much anything. The way Jim talks to people here with his anger - he should be next.
Everybody but you is a jerk.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:45 AM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
that the cops identified themselves, and that the guy in the apartment shot first, and hit a cop, which means a hail of bullets are going to come back, every single time/

You left those facts out. Pointing that out, doesn't make be tough. It makes me honest.
And I said previously that of about a dozen neighbors, 1 thought he heard the cops. He could have been mistaken or the others could not have heard.

What difference does it make who shot first - the boyfriend thought it was a home invasion and said that on the 911 call to the POLICE.

Where is the body cam video?
Old 09-24-2020, 08:47 AM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
Everybody but you is a jerk.
Not really - but while a few on the left here are jerks, it seems more common w/the folks on the right. Some don't even add anything other than sarcastic or snarky comments.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:54 AM   #41
scottw

Quote:

Quote:

Very impressive. And note that what he chose to include and exclude, all helps serve The Narrative.

Quote: Paul S- "OK tough guy what exactly did I chose to exclude?
I really doubt you have many friends the way you talk to people bc you really come across as a #^&#^&#^&#^&."

what exactly did he say? it's funny that you attack him over "anger issues"
Old 09-24-2020, 09:16 AM   #42
PaulS

Quote:
Quote:

Quote: Paul S- "OK tough guy what exactly did I chose to exclude?
I really doubt you have many friends the way you talk to people bc you really come across as a #^&#^&#^&#^&."

what exactly did he say? it's funny that you attack him over "anger issues"
That I choose to exclude something to help serve the narrative. The anger issues go beyond this thread.

You have to admit you do come across as a #^&#^&#^&#^& with your constant snarkiness.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #43
scottw

Quote:

That I choose to exclude something to help serve the narrative.

this triggered you?...sounds like it's more about you than him....in the future just be fair and don't exclude things to serve your narrative
Old 09-24-2020, 09:31 AM   #44
PaulS

Quote:
this triggered you?...sounds like it's more about you than him....in the future just be fair and don't exclude things to serve your narrative
I'm not triggered but good attempt
Old 09-24-2020, 10:05 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Everyone was saying it because a no knock warrant is what was initially issued. After it was determined Breonna Taylor had no criminal history they were advised to knock. I don't think this was public info until this week. Even though, a pounding on the door before bursting through doesn't make much of a difference. You likely don't have time to realize what's going on. I had a home invasion once, it was a blur.

Not people, a single person said they heard the cops say police. Several others nearby said they only heard the knock.

Her boyfriend at the time was not a drug dealer and was not on the warrant. Breonna Taylor was on the warrant because the police were suspicious she was handling drugs for a former boyfriend who is a drug dealer. This claim was investigated by the Postal Inspector before the search and found to be untrue. The police moved forward anyway.

That's because you don't take the time to read basic and readily available reporting.

It does seem a little crazy that the only charges filed had nothing to do with Breonna Taylor's death but around the shots fired into an adjacent apartment. Had George Floyd not happened this whole event would have just been swept under the rug.

"It does seem a little crazy that the only charges filed had nothing to do with Breonna Taylor's death "

So you feel that if the cops are shot at first (not in dispute), and they return fire, if they kill an innocent bystander, they should go to prison? THAT'S what you're saying? You think it should be a crime if they miss their aim?

God almighty, man. How can you say that with a straight face?
Old 09-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
That I choose to exclude something to help serve the narrative. The anger issues go beyond this thread.

You have to admit you do come across as a #^&#^&#^&#^& with your constant snarkiness.
So it's a coincidence you left out the trivial little detail that the guy in the apartment fired first (even he admits this), and that he shot a cop. In your itemized list of facts, you just happened to exclude that little insignificant item?

This is today's left, Paul. Facts don't matter.

Trump is Hitler. He's a dictator. Cops are racist assassins. Blacks can't get ahead. Pro life people hate women. Advocates of legal immigration hate Latinos. It never stops, and it's all bullsh*t. It's only what one does, when one knows they can't win with the truth.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:09 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Only I get triggered. It's all cool when he does it.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:18 AM   #48
spence

Quote:
"It does seem a little crazy that the only charges filed had nothing to do with Breonna Taylor's death "

So you feel that if the cops are shot at first (not in dispute), and they return fire, if they kill an innocent bystander, they should go to prison? THAT'S what you're saying? You think it should be a crime if they miss their aim?

God almighty, man. How can you say that with a straight face?
One of the officers is looking at up to 15 years as things sit now.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:23 AM   #49
PaulS

Quote:
So it's a coincidence you left out the trivial little detail that the guy in the apartment fired first (even he admits this), and that he shot a cop. In your itemized list of facts, you just happened to exclude that little insignificant item?He fired bc he thought there was a home invasion - he didn't hear the cops - 11 of 12 neighbors didn't hear the cops either. he also called 911 and said his home was being invaded. If you invade someone's house you should expect people will defend themselves.

This is today's left, Paul. Facts don't matter.

Trump is Hitler. He's a dictator. Cops are racist assassins. Blacks can't get ahead. Pro life people hate women. Advocates of legal immigration hate Latinos. It never stops, and it's all bullsh*t. It's only what one does, when one knows they can't win with the truth.
Should we go through all the things the right says - and the lies of the Repub. Pres?

Chants of lock her up for an innocent person. Chants of send her back for an American citizen. Real classy people. It never stops and shows what a bunch of classless people there are.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:23 AM   #50
PaulS

Quote:
Only I get triggered. It's all cool when he does it.
Seems like you get triggered pretty much every time you post.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:47 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
And I said previously that of about a dozen neighbors, 1 thought he heard the cops. He could have been mistaken or the others could not have heard.

What difference does it make who shot first - the boyfriend thought it was a home invasion and said that on the 911 call to the POLICE.

Where is the body cam video?
one SAID he heard the cops. Why did you choose to say he "thought" he heard the cops?

And if it just came out that it wasn't a no-knock warrant, why did the meduia run with that? WHy can't they ever, ever get one of these right? You don't see a pattern here of all of them being wrong, and ALWAYS being wrong in a way that helps the liberal cause? None of their 'mistakes' ever help republicans, ever.

Darren Wilson shot Michael Brown who was simply begging for his life, saying hands up don't shoot.

The Duke lacrosse players were obviously guilty.

Nick Sandman is a white supremacist.

Breonna Taylor was gunned down by racist cops who busted in there guns a-blazin'.

They're obviously ignoring facts and truth, to spin a narrative that helps their cause. And cops are dying because of it. And you either deny it or defend it.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:48 AM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seems like you get triggered pretty much every time you post.
Or, you play that card because you can't respond to what I'm saying.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:52 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Should we go through all the things the right says - and the lies of the Repub. Pres?

Chants of lock her up for an innocent person. Chants of send her back for an American citizen. Real classy people. It never stops and shows what a bunch of classless people there are.
"He fired bc he thought there was a home invasion - he didn't hear the cops "

I concede he might not have heard them, and therefore his shooting was justified,

BUT CAN YOU LOOK AT IT FROM THE COPS PERSPECTIVE FOR TWO SECONDS?

You announce yourself, you enter legally, someone starts shooting and hits the man next to you.

You have ONEW response, you return fire.

You're putting cops in a situation where they cannot win. If they never return fire for fear of being imprisoned, bad guys will get away and hurt other people, and then you'll be complaining that they didn't do their jobs.

All you're doing, is seeing this from the liberal victim side.

Obviously, returning fire was justified, and in real life, that means anyone in the vicinity is in serious danger. Tragedies will happen, there is no way to avoid it.

Paul, I keep asking, but no one will answer...what evidence is there, that race played any role whatsoever?
Old 09-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
One of the officers is looking at up to 15 years as things sit now.
As always, you responded to something I didn't ask. I asked if you think it's a crime, for a police officer to return fire and kill a bystander accidentally? Because your side is upset that he wasn't charged in her death. To charge a cop in her death, necessarily means you think it's a crime to return fire and accidentally miss. What would have to happen, for you to respond to what I said? To respond to what I actually said?

He's not going to get any real time, then we'll riot all over again.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:57 AM   #55
Jim in CT

The only way to charge a cop with Taylors death, is to believe that when cops are shot at (and even shot), and they return fire, that its a crime if they miss. You're saying that in a justified shooting situation, cops should go to prison if they accidentally miss. How can any sane person believe that?

And is there any evidence, that race played any kind of a role?

Flush the truth down the toilet, start the liberal spin.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #56
PaulS

Quote:
Or, you play that card because you can't respond to what I'm saying.
No, I said it bc you said it is cool when I get triggered but you constantly insult people here. Is it bc your get triggered or are you just that type of person?

Pete called you out and said to call him a pussy to his face and you ran away.

Last edited by PaulS; 09-24-2020 at 11:17 AM..
Old 09-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:

I agree with you that there are plenty of republican liars.

Here's the difference...(1) I can admit the sleaziness on my side, none of you can. (2) those lies are not told to work a mob into a rage, knowing that cops will get hurt as a result, that citizens will also get hurt and have their property destroyed.

Paul, how many cops got shot because of the "lock her up" chant? How many tea party riots were there, how much arson?
Old 09-24-2020, 11:29 AM   #58
scottw

Quote:

are you ok?...should you be distance learning with your 6th grade class or something?
Old 09-24-2020, 11:39 AM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
No, I said it bc you said it is cool when I get triggered but you constantly insult people here. Is it bc your get triggered or are you just that type of person?

I don't constantly insult people here. Takes a lot to get me to get to that point. I need to be better, I agree.

Pete is repulsive. He has gone after my mother and TDFs daughters (with zero criticism from you, by the way; when I pointed that out to you, you said you didn't care; your disdain for insults is quite selectrive). Hes not brave enough to answer a simple question here, but is a keyboard tough guy.

How am I supposed to respond to his threat (which you're right, I ignored)? I thought ignoring it was best. If I met him face to face, hed go in to a fetal position and suck his thumb.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:

How do you diagnose someone as being triggered by reading what they write? Answer - any time I win, you dismiss me as being angry. Easier than admitting I might ever have a point. God forbid.