Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-16-2019, 06:52 PM   #91
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This thread is a great example of snowflakes making a mountain out of a molehill.
Again (they do it a lot)
Trump (he started it)
Is there any way to twist words better than we witness here daily?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The only ones here twisting words are the usual suspects.. whos only interest is being antagonistic like their man child Trump. Birds of feather...
Old 07-16-2019, 08:14 PM   #92
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The only ones here twisting words are the usual suspects.. whos only interest is being antagonistic like their man child Trump. Birds of feather...
A superb display of partisanship,can I use this as an example?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-16-2019, 08:30 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
In the last couple of week, your side has made baseless racism accusations against Biden, Pelosi, and Trump. No twisting there, that's what happened. When you shriek "racism" at Everyone who disagrees with you, when you say that a man who adopts a black daughter is racist because he has the nerve to run against Spence's Messiah, then at some point, you lose credibility. According to the left, everyone who disagrees with them on anything, even liberals who arent as radical as they are, are racist.

What's the limit on fake accusations before you just stop listening to the people making the fake accusations?

Oh, and ICE is running concentration camps. No twisting there, no sir, And Trump created all those detention centers, he didn't inherit them from Obama, right? The GOP created them out of this air, those bastards!! It was never a problem to keep kids in cages, until Trump started doing it. Want to explain that one?

This is how Trump got elected, this exact bullsh*t.

Trump's tweet was a stupid, counterproductive, offensive, divisive, vindictive tweet. It was all of those things. And that reaction makes me a Trumplican to you, because I also say it wasn't racist. It cannot be racist, unless you really think he would have reacted differently if they were white. Have you heard the nasty things he has said about Nancy Pelosi and Rachael Maddow and Rosie O'Donnell?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-16-2019 at 08:35 PM..
Old 07-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #94
PaulS

Quote:
Pathetic,spineless crew.
stupid ignorant crew
Old 07-16-2019, 08:48 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Trump on Nancy Pelosi: a “nasty, vindictive, horrible person.”
https://news.yahoo.com/pelosi-on-tru...154512412.html

Trump on Rosie ODonnell: fat pig, dog, slob and disgusting animal
https://www.newser.com/story/210963/...mp-insult.html

One of my all-time favorites, Trump on Arianna Huffington: unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man—he made a good decision.”

https://fortune.com/2015/08/09/trump...women-history/

There is a well established pattern of Trump saying horrible things to women who don't like him. This was another example of that.

Here is Trump telling NFL players (black and white) to stand proudly for the country, or else perhaps leave the country...https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...try-2018-05-24

Finally, how many famous people threatened to leave the country if he got elected? So why can't he spit that back in their face?

In any event, there's all kinds of evidence to suggest that as bad as Trump's tweet was, that it wasn't motivated by the skin color of the people he was referring to. Sorry snowflakes, there's a mountain of evidence suggesting it wasn't racism.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-16-2019 at 08:55 PM..
Old 07-16-2019, 08:57 PM   #96
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
stupid ignorant crew
A little redundant tough guy, but at least we agree on something.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-16-2019, 09:19 PM   #97
PaulS

Quote:
A little redundant tough guy, but at least we agree on something.
mr. Irrelevant
Old 07-16-2019, 09:54 PM   #98
Sea Dangles

Mr. Cookie Puss to you hardo.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:10 PM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Trump on Nancy Pelosi: a “nasty, vindictive, horrible person.”
https://news.yahoo.com/pelosi-on-tru...154512412.html

Trump on Rosie ODonnell: fat pig, dog, slob and disgusting animal
https://www.newser.com/story/210963/...mp-insult.html

One of my all-time favorites, Trump on Arianna Huffington: unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man—he made a good decision.”

https://fortune.com/2015/08/09/trump...women-history/

There is a well established pattern of Trump saying horrible things to women who don't like him. This was another example of that.

Here is Trump telling NFL players (black and white) to stand proudly for the country, or else perhaps leave the country...https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...try-2018-05-24

Finally, how many famous people threatened to leave the country if he got elected? So why can't he spit that back in their face?

In any event, there's all kinds of evidence to suggest that as bad as Trump's tweet was, that it wasn't motivated by the skin color of the people he was referring to. Sorry snowflakes, there's a mountain of evidence suggesting it wasn't racism.
So you have found a role model for your children to follow
I’m sure they will be happy

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-16-2019, 10:36 PM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
So you have found a role model for your children to follow
I’m sure they will be happy
So Jim demonstrates why Trump's remark is not racist as you lyingly claim and the best you can do is make some stupid characterization that is obviously not what Jim portrayed or meant (another one of your endless and persistent lies). Keep it up and you will be more like your version of Trump than Trump is.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:06 AM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So Jim demonstrates why Trump's remark is not racist as you lyingly claim and the best you can do is make some stupid characterization that is obviously not what Jim portrayed or meant (another one of your endless and persistent lies). Keep it up and you will be more like your version of Trump than Trump is.
He claims that trump is not a racist because he will attack anyone in any manner possible, glad you’re impressed. I am not.
Trumplicans may cringe at the actions Jim listed. They may wince at his easily disproved lies. They may somehow shrug off his lack of understanding of government. They may claim the ends justify the means. But he is their guy, leader, example, role model.
He’s the President, son, but don’t act like him.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2019, 05:46 AM   #102
Sea Dangles

Quote:
He claims that trump is not a racist because he will attack anyone in any manner possible, glad you’re impressed. I am not.
Trumplicans may cringe at the actions Jim listed. They may wince at his easily disproved lies. They may somehow shrug off his lack of understanding of government. They may claim the ends justify the means. But he is their guy, leader, example, role model.
Do you think Jim was trying to impress you or prove a point? Just asking for a friend.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-17-2019, 07:33 AM   #103
PaulS

Quote:
Do you think Jim was trying to impress you or prove a point? Just asking for a friend.
Seriously, you have friends? You seem like such a deek.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:20 AM   #104
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Seriously, you have friends? You seem like such a deek.
Let him answer and wait your turn Cookie Puss. He will do fine.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Jim was trying desperately to prove a point by citing other horrible things Trump has done.
He likely succeeded in establishing at a minimum that Trump is truly a misogynist, but possibly not a racist.

I think Trump is a Xenophobic bigot.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2019, 09:11 AM   #106
detbuch

Quote:

He was responding to your version of racism. Your version does not stand up to rational and objective scrutiny. As was pointed out by Jim. And Jim was not trying to impress, but to demonstrate how you are wrong. This mode of argument by changing the subject, moving the goalpost, that you constantly employ is another form of lie that you use to squirm out of your own chit. If you're trying to impress with slight of hand, it comes off as very weak.

Trumplicans may cringe at the actions Jim listed. They may wince at his easily disproved lies. They may somehow shrug off his lack of understanding of government. They may claim the ends justify the means.

Putting words in "Trumplican's" mouth, or imputing your version of their motivation is another form of lie. It has been explained why and what motivation drove us to vote for him. It has been pointed out here over and over. So don't lie about having to paint a picture that isn't so. You lie, and lie, and lie, every time you talk about Trump, and you do that incessantly.

But he is their guy, leader, example, role model.
Again, you're setting up a strawman lie. He has not been set up as a role model. On the other hand, he is not the frightful monster you lyingly make him out to be.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-18-2019 at 12:02 AM..
Old 07-17-2019, 09:28 AM   #107
detbuch

Quote:
Jim was trying desperately to prove a point by citing other horrible things Trump has done.

Again, you dip into the bag of your various forms of lying, here you disparage Jim's rational observation by painting it as desperation.

He likely succeeded in establishing at a minimum that Trump is truly a misogynist, but possibly not a racist.

See, that's based on your lying version of misogyny. Saying something negative about a specific woman is not misogynous. And using that lie to squirm out of Jim's "possibly" proving that your lie about Trump being a racist is wrong, is another pathetic attempt to use the moving the goal post lie.

Of course you do. Can you prove that he is. Or is your mission just to throw the notion out there, hoping it sticks?
Old 07-17-2019, 09:31 AM   #108
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again, you're setting up a strawman lie. He has not been set up as a role model. On the other hand, he is not the frightful monster you lyingly make him out to be.
Trump is certainly not a role model in my house.

Was Obama? Smoker, tried cocaine, his spiritual mentor (Rev Wright) was a racist maniac who hates America, his political mentor (Bill Ayers) is a domestic terrorist who hates America, his wife openly admitted that she was never proud of her country until he got the democratic nomination, Obama made fun of Special Olympians, blah, blah, blah.

I gave up a long time ago on looking to Wahsington DC to find role models. And that's fine, results are more important. Same with my company, I'd rather have a CEO who is a total pr*ck but who is effective, than a nice guy who can't do anything right.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #109
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Your Stable Genius isn't Racist is the title of the thread

Your opinion differs from mine, so should I label yours as a lie?
Your constant refrain is that anything critical of Dear Leader is a lie and very weak.

I have not seen a quantitative study of all voters to determine exactly why Trump was elected, have you? Yet you claim to speak for all.

You claim that the President is not a role model?

I certainly agree that is true in this case.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2019, 09:33 AM   #110
Jim in CT

Quote:
Of course you do. Can you prove that he is. Or is your mission just to throw the notion out there, hoping it sticks?
Trump is married to a foreigner. So if he's a xenophpobe (one who dislikes foreigners), he's not a very good xenophobe, is he.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:37 AM   #111
Sea Dangles

Quote:

I get it,you don’t like Trump and waste no time in displaying such. You read a lot about him and have become an expert at exploiting his actions that offend you. You have never given him his due for any of his accomplishments and like to call him names. So rather than just answering a question with any fairness you contrive ways to call him out at any and every opportunity. You apply rules to him that are acceptable elsewhere and act like you have exposed him. You are suffering mentally under his guidance and it has encompassed your very being. This is TDS and the fishing website is your therapy. You have my pity. But at least you won’t be calling him a racist anymore.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #112
Jim in CT

pelosi called
trump a xenophobe yesterday. can someone explain to me, how someone who married an immigrant, can be a xenophobe?

McCain who adopted a black girl, was racist. And trump whos married to an immigrant, is a xenophobe.

what’s the % proof in that kool aid, anyway?
Old 07-17-2019, 09:47 AM   #113
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
One instance does not make one a misogynist or racist, repeated behavior is needed.
Jim cited numerous examples of Trump denigrating women.

It sticks for most people, without me throwing anything out.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #114
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
pelosi called
trump a xenophobe yesterday. can someone explain to me, how someone who married an immigrant, can be a xenophobe?

McCain who adopted a black girl, was racist. And trump whos married to an immigrant, is a xenophobe.

what’s the % proof in that kool aid, anyway?
There are two types of xenophobia:

The first type is cultural in nature. Those who are xenophobic are so against the objects and elements of a culture, such as clothing or language.
The second type of xenophobia is when an entire group is not considered part of the society. This can result, most often, from a mass immigration by one group into a country, though xenophobia can be present in relation to groups in the society who joined the community quite some time ago. This type of xenophobia can result in hostility and violence on a lower level up to greater persecution of the group through genocide.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #115
detbuch

Quote:
Your Stable Genius isn't Racist is the title of the thread

Should I be responding the title of this thread rather than to the comments you make in it?

Your opinion differs from mine, so should I label yours as a lie?

That would be one of the definitions of a lie that is used against Trump. So go ahead and do it. That would be another one of your lies.

I have not said because your opinion differs from mine that you are lying. Is this another of your concocted strawmen?

Your constant refrain is that anything critical of Dear Leader is a lie and very weak.

And yet another lie. I only point out the lies. I agree with valid criticism, and see no point in chirping me too.

have not seen a quantitative study of all voters to determine exactly why Trump was elected, have you? Yet you claim to speak for all.

The sample of voters on this forum is what I was going by, and whose views are clearly represented here which you either have seen since you respond to them, or your so blinded by your hate of Trump that you must twist them into something that they are not.

You claim that the President is not a role model?

I certainly agree that is true in this case.
We sort of agree. I didn't say he is not a role model. I said he was not set up as a role model. I don't think about it on that term. It's a very subjective view. Some things about Trump are admirable. Some things are not. I like what he's doing more than several of our past Presidents.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-18-2019 at 08:17 AM..
Old 07-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #116
PaulS

Quote:
Let him answer and wait your turn Cookie Puss. He will do fine.
So what do you and your "friend" do? Call each other up at 6 in the morning and discuss people's posts and figure out how to respond? Or do you call up your "friend" and say do you believe what so and so said? Why can't your "friend" ask the question himself?
Old 07-17-2019, 10:12 AM   #117
detbuch

Quote:
One instance does not make one a misogynist or racist, repeated behavior is needed.
Jim cited numerous examples of Trump denigrating women.

No, there are billions of specific women on the planet. Many or all of them can have negative things said about them. That would not be misogyny unless they were being disparaged simply because they are women. It's not about the number of women. It's about the nature of the denigration.

Besides, Trump has said many things about many women that are positive and praising. And has promoted various women, including in the workplace. It is obvious, if you're honest and objective, that he is not a misogynist.

It sticks for most people, without me throwing anything out.
Have you taken a survey of most people?
Old 07-17-2019, 10:14 AM   #118
detbuch

Quote:
There are two types of xenophobia:

The first type is cultural in nature. Those who are xenophobic are so against the objects and elements of a culture, such as clothing or language.
The second type of xenophobia is when an entire group is not considered part of the society. This can result, most often, from a mass immigration by one group into a country, though xenophobia can be present in relation to groups in the society who joined the community quite some time ago. This type of xenophobia can result in hostility and violence on a lower level up to greater persecution of the group through genocide.
Neither of those types apply to what Trump said.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Neither of those types apply to what Trump said.
In your opinion
Trump defined a group and then suggested they leave our society.

"Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries"

The second type of xenophobia is when an entire group is not considered part of the society.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Have you taken a survey of most people?
I just commissioned it, just for you.

Here are a few interviews of the woman he promoted

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...res-woman-card

https://www.thedailybeast.com/former...ist?ref=scroll

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-women-104728/

Lets Go Darwin