Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-17-2018, 11:53 PM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Perhaps
Try January 11 of this year for when Trump reneged
Of course he never denies that he said something but people who he’s negotiating with should trust him
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Are you saying that two weeks before Trump proposed to grant the 1.8 million a path to citizenship, he reneged on the plan? He reneged before he made the proposal?
Old 10-18-2018, 08:48 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Are you saying that two weeks before Trump proposed to grant the 1.8 million a path to citizenship, he reneged on the plan? He reneged before he made the proposal?
I'm saying on the 9th he agreed to something and on the 11th he reneged.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
I'm saying on the 9th he agreed to something and on the 11th he reneged.
Pardon me. I thought you were addressing my point about the 1.8 million path to citizenship that Trump offered and was rejected. It seems like a sneaky change of subject.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pardon me. I thought you were addressing my point about the 1.8 million path to citizenship that Trump offered and was rejected. It seems like a sneaky change of subject.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #5
wdmso

US President Donald Trump has threatened to use military force to completely close the US-Mexico border.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
That was a waste of 45 minutes. Can't bring myself to say "thanks."
Old 10-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
You post a video in response to my post regarding the 1.8 million path. But the video which is not about the 1.8, which he proposed a couple of weeks later. And the video shows Trump being "presidential" and being respectful and willing to deal rather than being your characterization of him being a bully.

Is your point that he said, in the video that he would sign a bill they came up with. He also had the caveat that the bill must include the cost of building a wall and that border security had to be addressed (in a meaningful way, no doubt).

There was Feinstein chirping in that they should pass a clean bill which dealt with the DACA issue first and then take more time on the security issue later in a comprehensive immigration reform. That's the same old trick the Dems pulled before. Get what they want up front, renege on the rest later.

Trump said that his version of a clean bill was security and DACA, then the immigration reform later. He said that he trusted the Congress to create such a bill and that he would sign it. Was such a bill that immediately funded the wall in full and seriously addressed border security, as he stipulated, proposed?
Old 10-20-2018, 12:05 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You post a video in response to my post regarding the 1.8 million path. But the video which is not about the 1.8, which he proposed a couple of weeks later. And the video shows Trump being "presidential" and being respectful and willing to deal rather than being your characterization of him being a bully.

Is your point that he said, in the video that he would sign a bill they came up with. He also had the caveat that the bill must include the cost of building a wall and that border security had to be addressed (in a meaningful way, no doubt).

There was Feinstein chirping in that they should pass a clean bill which dealt with the DACA issue first and then take more time on the security issue later in a comprehensive immigration reform. That's the same old trick the Dems pulled before. Get what they want up front, renege on the rest later.

January 23, 2018: After a contentious 69 hour U.S. government shutdown, the shutdown finally ends. The breakthrough in the impasse finally came after Democrats reluctantly voted to provide temporary pay for resumed government operations through February 8, 2018. Democrats relented on this issue in return for Republican leaders promises to soon address the issues of the currents struggle of Dreamers and other hot-button issues. Congress has until February 8, 2018 to find a solution to these issues or the government will shut down again.

Trump said that his version of a clean bill was security and DACA, then the immigration reform later. He said that he trusted the Congress to create such a bill and that he would sign it. Was such a bill that immediately funded the wall in full and seriously addressed border security, as he stipulated, proposed?
How much will a wall cost? What will the extent of the wall be? How high will it be? Whose land will the wall go on? What will the land cost?
Nobody knows, but you think Congress should give Trump a blank check. Is this based on Trump's business record?
I do not trust Trump.
I think we could find more productive ways to spend 50 billion dollars or more.
The GAO issued an opinion with concerns in August
https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/693488.pdf

Here is a piece by a noted "liberal" institution
https://www.cato.org/publications/co...wall-wont-work

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
How much will a wall cost? What will the extent of the wall be? How high will it be? Whose land will the wall go on? What will the land cost?
Nobody knows, but you think Congress should give Trump a blank check. Is this based on Trump's business record?
I do not trust Trump.
I think we could find more productive ways to spend 50 billion dollars or more.
The GAO issued an opinion with concerns in August
https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/693488.pdf

Here is a piece by a noted "liberal" institution
https://www.cato.org/publications/co...wall-wont-work

I didn't ask for your opinion on how much the wall would cost, nor about how you think the money would be better spent. Or about whether you Trust Trump or not. You claimed that Trump promised something and then he reneged on it. Which, I guess, is supposed to prove what a crappy person he is. Even though that has been a pattern in political policy negotiations forever. Certainly by the Democrats re border security.

How did Trump renege on his promise here?

Last edited by detbuch; 10-20-2018 at 01:57 PM..