Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
did he get his son a gig?

No doubt the son benefited from having daddy as Sen. but it is not illegal.
his son got the gig, coincidentally according to you, while
dad was the point person on the executive branch’s ukrainian
agenda.

i agree not illegal. what did trump
do that was illegal? quid pro quo is illegal? how many times a day does one politician say to another, “vote for my bill, and i’ll vote for yours.”

as confident as you all are that there’s nothing there, the left sure doesn’t want the truth revealed. how about we do an honest investigation and release the results?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
his son got the gig, coincidentally according to you, while
dad was the point person on the executive branch’s ukrainian
agenda.

i agree not illegal. what did trump
do that was illegal? quid pro quo is illegal? how many times a day does one politician say to another, “vote for my bill, and i’ll vote for yours.”

as confident as you all are that there’s nothing there, the left sure doesn’t want the truth revealed. BC we are honest enough to admit it is bc Trump wants his political rivals investigated to tarnish their names. how about we do an honest investigation and release the results?
When there is no smoke there is no need to investigate if there is a fire.

Trump's own words gives us reason to look into his asking a foreign gov. to investigate a political rival while at the same time holding up foreign aid.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
When there is no smoke there is no need to investigate if there is a fire.

Trump's own words gives us reason to look into his asking a foreign gov. to investigate a political rival while at the same time holding up foreign aid.
i see. it’s a virtue, specifically honesty, to deny that there was anything fishy going on.

you’re all also dismissing the Durham investigation even though not a word of it had been released. Which virtue does that indicate?

i’m not stupid enough to presume that Trump was simply seeking the truth when asking for the investigation. obviously there was a political component. but i have no problem with my president seeking the truth regarding what the bidens did, as i have no problem seeking the truth about credible accusations against trump.

funny, you constantly deny any wrongdoing in the part of democrats. That’s a coincidence, right? Not political?
Old 11-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

not just a political rival. a political
rival who engaged in behavior that many people would claim is fishy.

Paul, are you saying the potus can only inquire about the actions of people in his own party? no president can ever be trusted to inquire about anything being done by anyone in the opposing party?

The senate dems sent a letter to ukraine, asking them
to investigate Manafort and trump. But that was OK for them
to ask for dirt on a political rival.

Seems like you’re really afraid of what an investigation might conclude.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:58 PM   #5
scottw

Quote:

asking a foreign gov. to investigate a political rival

this is dumb.. biden isn't a political rival...he's a bump on a log...he's NEVER won the nomination and he's been running since the early 70's