Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 06-20-2006, 06:23 AM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Stanley Cup Yawn!

I thought I heard a giant yawn in the distance last night! It was the sound of the Stanley Cup Playoffs wrapping up......out with not a bang but a wimper! Much like the fashion the NBA season is ending also. No one cares about these 2 sports.....or at least not even close to the same way folks care about baseball or football. Why is that? I think the lock-out all but killed the game of hockey....as for basketball......I think it is the GANGSTA attitude which has ruined what was once a great spectator sport!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:44 AM   #2
Mugz

Unfortunately I agree...yet I do like Hockey. Basketball could fall of the face of the earth for all I care. I'd rather watch GOLF......
Mugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #3
zacs
D'oh

it was a great series. i'm sure hockey will take a few years to get back on its feet, but i'm sure it will. It is a great sport, and the players play with fantastic heart, and the action is awesome.
jmo
zac

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

I disagree that was some of the best hockey I have seen in a long time. For the Oilers to come back to force a game seven was great. Just watching the intensity that those two teams played with was awesome. Loved the hits the rushes and the saves.
Cam Ward Carolinas goalie was insane and at 22 I am sure is going to have a great career.
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
Quote:
Originally Posted by tynan19
I disagree that was some of the best hockey I have seen in a long time. For the Oilers to come back to force a game seven was great. Just watching the intensity that those two teams played with was awesome. Loved the hits the rushes and the saves.
Cam Ward Carolinas goalie was insane and at 22 I am sure is going to have a great career.
I agree, that was a great game of hockey...

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
pops02

That was a great game last night, like tynan said, fast, up and down hockey, and alot of hitting. I was hoping the Oilers would win, but Ward had a great game, and series for that matter.
pops02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #7
Squid kids Dad

It was the only game I watched all season and it was awesome...

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:51 PM   #8
boot man

Same here, only NHL game I watched all season. Those ACC/Nascar fans were loud all game.

Fun to watch. I never thought the Whalers would win anything.
boot man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:44 PM   #9
Skip N

I'd have been more excited if the Hurricanes were still the Whalers! Damn i miss my old Whalers, I think Glen Wesley was the only guy left from the old Whaler team, so i was happy to see him get a cup. Hell of a game 7, i don't know who could'nt have enjoyed that game

The owner of the Hurricanes can kiss my ass for taking my team outta Hartford. F'ing prick
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:10 PM   #10
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
I thought the playoffs were great!!
So if you didn't like them, and DON'T like hockey in the 1st place,
Why start a post bashing them???

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:14 PM   #11
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Ronnie....I am still yawning hockey is so boring....or maybe it was the anti-climax of the basketball season!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:16 PM   #12
Goose

How dare you talk chit about hockey(especialy game 7) and still consider yourself a sports fan.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:46 AM   #13
ReelChitty

Send a message via AIM to ReelChitty
Some of the best hockey in awhile took place during the playoffs this year, watching the playoffs really made me realized how great the sport of hockey is and how much i missed it last year. As for the new rules and regulations I dont like it. But playoff hockey is what its all about. Just to bad those damn Whalers won. Now I leave you with one of my favorite hockey movie qoutes " F***ing machine took my quater"

" There's no way, no way you could have come from my gene's. When we get home I am going punch your momma right in the mouth." Sheriff B. T. Justice
ReelChitty is offline   Reply With Quote