Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I've read that the email wasn't included in a previous request for Benghazi documents as it was assumed it wasn't specifically about Benghazi.

-spence
I heard on the hearings today it hadn't been released previously because it was classified. What would have made it classified if it were such mundane info as they try to make you believe?

" Choose Life "
Old 05-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
I heard on the hearings today it hadn't been released previously because it was classified. What would have made it classified if it were such mundane info as they try to make you believe?
Likely it wasn't declassified rightly or wrongly because do the reason I mentioned above...I would assume most of these communications were classified, as are most dealing with national security. But even if classified I'd also assume that it would have been available to both the Mullen and House investigations long ago...

More importantly, doesn't the GOP realize they've cried wolf so many times people just don't listen any more?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-02-2014, 05:16 AM   #3
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence;1040983

More importantly, doesn't the GOP realize they've cried wolf so many times people just don't listen any more?
[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
And that is the plan isnt it. Let the people who care talk all they want, have the national media totally ignore the story and lie as often as you can ,until the people trying to reach the truth look like the bad guys.
To anybody with a shred of common sense, the lying is incredibly in-your-face. Maybe in the end, karma will bring down the Democratic Party
Old 05-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Likely it wasn't declassified rightly or wrongly because do the reason I mentioned above...I would assume most of these communications were classified, as are most dealing with national security. But even if classified I'd also assume that it would have been available to both the Mullen and House investigations long ago...

"Likely" and "Assume" are some pretty wishy wash words. That e mail was only released after Judicial Watch ,the non partisan watch dog group , sued over the Freedom of Information Act.

No,"More importantly ",the Terrorists who killed the 4 Americans, have not been brought to justice as Obama promised, and in addition 4 days after the attack when the bodies were flown home and Hilary met with the parents, when the CIA had already called it a Terrorist attack at 3:15 AM the day of the attack the parents were told it was caused by the video. That is not a "likely " or "assumed" story, it's a fact, I saw the interview with one of the Mothers.

Last edited by justplugit; 05-02-2014 at 10:12 AM..

" Choose Life "
Old 05-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Likely" and "Assume" are some pretty wishy wash words. That e mail was only released after Judicial Watch ,the non partisan watch dog group , sued over the Freedom of Information Act.

No,"More importantly ",the Terrorists who killed the 4 Americans, have not been brought to justice as Obama promised, and in addition 4 days after the attack when the bodies were flown home and Hilary met with the parents, when the CIA had already called it a Terrorist attack at 3:15 AM the day of the attack the parents were told it was caused by the video. That is not a "likely " or "assumed" story, it's a fact, I saw the interview with one of the Mothers.
Let's put aside the cover-up, which, I can "assume", was "likely" orchestrated to prevent an adverse impact on the election.

Spence, the top military general in that region said he was never ordered to move any of his assets into Libya in the immediate moments after the attack started. Why the f*ck not?

Hilary promised the families o fthe fallen that the murderers would be brought to justice. How many have been arrested?
Old 05-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
The funeral was two days after the attack. At that point they were still investigating. Hell, three days after the funeral Rice's talking points from the CIA indicated the evidence pointing towards the video.

But props to FOX News for using a grieving parent to bump their ratings.

-spence
Old 05-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #7
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
The funeral was two days after the attack. At that point they were still investigating. Hell, three days after the funeral Rice's talking points from the CIA indicated the evidence pointing towards the video.

But props to FOX News for using a grieving parent to bump their ratings.

-spence
Spence, please get your facts straight, the Bodies were RETURNED to the US 3 days after the attack, the funerals were many days later.

The parents were told with Hillary standing there as they took the bodies from the plane 3 days after the attack that the tape was the reason for the attack.

Oh, and you forgot the question of Admiral Lowell at the hearing asked, who would have to order military action the night of the attack. He said the Commander in Chief.
That order never came and the military cannot take action on it's own.

Last edited by justplugit; 05-02-2014 at 02:01 PM..

" Choose Life "
Old 05-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Spence, please get your facts straight, the Bodies were RETURNED to the US 3 days after the attack, the funerals were many days later.

The parents were told with Hillary standing there as they took the bodies from the plane that the tape was the reason for the attack.
The article I read said funeral. I don't see a material difference though, at that point the information was still the same.

Quote:
Oh, and you forgot the question of Admiral Lowell at the hearing asked, who would have to order military action the night of the attack. He said the Commander in Chief.
That order never came and the military cannot take action on it's own.
You can't order military action if there's no military to act. Our people were out of Libya before the rapid response teams could have arrived so there's no reason to attack.

Given that, what's the point of the question other than create yet another misleading headline?

-spence
Old 05-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
You can't order military action if there's no military to act. Our people were out of Libya before the rapid response teams could have arrived so there's no reason to attack.

-spence
from your earlier link...

"Over the roughly 12 hours between the start of the attacks and the time the last Americans were evacuated from Benghazi"

12 hours? You're saying that there were zero American military assets that were within 12 hours of Benghazi? And you say I'm the one who doesn't know what I'm talking about? Twelve hours?

If it's true that not one American military asset was within 12 hours of Libya (and no one believes that's true), that's another scandal, given all the threats that were reported in Libya.

Spence, according to you, not only was Stevens denied the extra security he asked for, but we didn't have any military support in the same hemisphere? On the anniversary of 09/11, in Libya, after getting reports of increased threats, Obama/Clinton didn't have a single soldier within 12 hours. That's what you are seriously saying? And you think that's acceptable?

I heard there was a special ops team that was 4 hours out (Croatia, maybe?).
Old 05-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #10
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

You can't order military action if there's no military to act.

-spence
Yes, and the President can't order it if he's not around. Ideally he would go to the Situation Room, but if not ,in this day and age he could be reached anywhere?

All this talk about not ordering military action because there wasn't enough time is bogus as you would need a crystal ball to know how long the fight would last.

The order was never given to try and save 4 American heroes.

" Choose Life "