Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 04-21-2023, 04:18 AM   #1
Rmarsh

The white cabinet trend.... still going strong. Not liking the micro cabinet location...and not a lot of cabinets for a house costing this much.
View from the kitchen window is the neighbors house and back deck in full view....like forty feet away! No privacy! Give me a run down cabin in the woods.....where I can piss in the front or back yard and not worry about neighbors.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 05:54 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 01:12 PM   #2
trevier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
The white cabinet trend.... still going strong. Not liking the micro cabinet location...and not a lot of cabinets for a house costing this much.
View from the kitchen window is the neighbors house and back deck in full view....like forty feet away! No privacy! Give me a run down cabin in the woods.....where I can piss in the front or back yard and not worry about neighbors.
when does the flooring go in? We always did flooring first then trim and cabinets afterwards.
trevier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 06:08 AM   #3
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevier View Post
when does the flooring go in? We always did flooring first then trim and cabinets afterwards.
All of our cabinets and trim....except baseboard....goes in before the hardwood flooring.
We use to do flooring first but that was about a hundred houses ago.
Experience has shown us that this way is more efficient.

As far as making my own cherry crown moulding....im already in the shop....building a cherry cabinet....cherry lumber on hand. ......quickest path to completion.
Old 04-29-2023, 05:28 AM   #4
Rmarsh

The door pulls for this kitchen are too small imo.....3 3/4 instead of the 5 1/16 most customers choose
The micro location......no symmetry at kitchen window.

I have a 6 3/8 hole saw to use for the venting of the range hoods

Old 05-19-2023, 05:02 AM   #5
Rmarsh

installed a couple more....the white kitchen trend continues.
Guys delivering the cabinets are morons.....I can tell that many of these cabinets are damaged during shipping.....dropped or thrown around.....banged up and dented....and they couldn't care less.