Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
RickBomba

Country is On Fire

Looks like Antifa is winning the day.

Disgusting.

I surely hope this does not come to a neighborhood near any of us, soon.

Glad I deleted my FB and don’t tell anyone where I sleep at night.

Disgusting.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 05-29-2020, 07:50 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

There is plenty of room for improvements.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-30-2020, 09:05 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Looks like Antifa is winning the day.

Disgusting.

I surely hope this does not come to a neighborhood near any of us, soon.

Glad I deleted my FB and don’t tell anyone where I sleep at night.

Disgusting.
Its antifa fault ? that unarmed black are 5x more likely to be kill by police..

Black women killed In wrong house no knock raid Kentucky shot like 8 times
Black jogger hunted and killed took months to press charges
Woman in central park call cops on " black man is threatening me" he was just asking to put here dog on a leash
Or the cop kneeling on the guy neck, resulting in death called Positional Asphyxia.
Is not accidental

I can see why they may be pissed off

What are whites pissd off about ,,, being told they have to wear a mask. Or can't go to church for a little bit. Why are they upset

Because it violates their personal liberties .. I would say those listed above what about their personal liberties

I dont see the benfits of riots and burningc #^&#^&#^&#^& , but I also dont live in their world where they only way they are heard or noticed other than a Trump sound bite about unemployment is. if they burn the place down

But crowds have a odd dynamic

The Faceless Crowd
In psychology A2 (AQA) one area of study is the DEINDIVIDUATION THEORY. This theory is based on the classic crowd theory of Gustave Le Bon (1895) he claimed that an individual transformed when part of a crowd through a combination of anonymity, Suggestibility and Contagion meaning that a "collective mind" takes over the individual. I shan't bore you with the rest of the nature and process of deindividuation because that will waste both of our time. There were two main areas of research conducted.
Zimbardo (1969) carried out a study into anonymity that showed when levels of anonymity increased levels of aggression increased.
And then there was Mullen who in 1982 analysed newspaper cutting of 60 lynches in the US between 1899 and 1946. He found that the more people in the mob the greater the savagery they killed there victims, the crowd would undergo a process of deindivuation.

And over at Breitbart a site so white you need sunglasses to read it. The dog whistle are blowing

George Soros. He's paying for anarchists (just like ANTIFA) to cause widespread unrest ahead of the 2020 election. These globalists never let a good crisis go to waste.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:32 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Its antifa fault ? that unarmed black are 5x more likely to be kill by police..

Black women killed In wrong house no knock raid Kentucky shot like 8 times
Black jogger hunted and killed took months to press charges
Woman in central park call cops on " black man is threatening me" he was just asking to put here dog on a leash
Or the cop kneeling on the guy neck, resulting in death called Positional Asphyxia.
Is not accidental

I can see why they may be pissed off

What are whites pissd off about ,,, being told they have to wear a mask. Or can't go to church for a little bit. Why are they upset

Because it violates their personal liberties .. I would say those listed above what about their personal liberties

I dont see the benfits of riots and burningc #^&#^&#^&#^& , but I also dont live in their world where they only way they are heard or noticed other than a Trump sound bite about unemployment is. if they burn the place down

But crowds have a odd dynamic

The Faceless Crowd
In psychology A2 (AQA) one area of study is the DEINDIVIDUATION THEORY. This theory is based on the classic crowd theory of Gustave Le Bon (1895) he claimed that an individual transformed when part of a crowd through a combination of anonymity, Suggestibility and Contagion meaning that a "collective mind" takes over the individual. I shan't bore you with the rest of the nature and process of deindividuation because that will waste both of our time. There were two main areas of research conducted.
Zimbardo (1969) carried out a study into anonymity that showed when levels of anonymity increased levels of aggression increased.
And then there was Mullen who in 1982 analysed newspaper cutting of 60 lynches in the US between 1899 and 1946. He found that the more people in the mob the greater the savagery they killed there victims, the crowd would undergo a process of deindivuation.

And over at Breitbart a site so white you need sunglasses to read it. The dog whistle are blowing

George Soros. He's paying for anarchists (just like ANTIFA) to cause widespread unrest ahead of the 2020 election. These globalists never let a good crisis go to waste.
What % of murdered blacks are killed by blacks? But which black murders get all the attention? And why is that?

"What are whites pissd off about ,,, being told they have to wear a mask"

You get to speak for blacks and whites? Nice work if you can get it...

That post, is what happens when you never, ever listen (I mean really listen thoughtfully) to anyone who isn't liberal. What happens when you just thougtlessly believe everything MSNBC says.

How many interactions are there in a year between white cops and back citizens? And how many end in tragedy? Is it a high percentage, or a miniscule percentage?

The guy quickly got fired and arrested. WTF more do you want? How do you justify burning down a business that you hope is owned by someone with the same skin color as the one who was arrested?
Old 05-30-2020, 01:08 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
What % of murdered blacks are killed by blacks? But which black murders get all the attention? And why is that?

"What are whites pissd off about ,,, being told they have to wear a mask"

You get to speak for blacks and whites? Nice work if you can get it...

That post, is what happens when you never, ever listen (I mean really listen thoughtfully) to anyone who isn't liberal. What happens when you just thougtlessly believe everything MSNBC says.

How many interactions are there in a year between white cops and back citizens? And how many end in tragedy? Is it a high percentage, or a miniscule percentage?

The guy quickly got fired and arrested. WTF more do you want? How do you justify burning down a business that you hope is owned by someone with the same skin color as the one who was arrested?

This has nothing to do with black on black crime

Or the percentage of police interaction as some how excusing police brutally

Funny this is the same covid 19 argument not that 100k died in 3months but look who didn't die argument.. thats fine for the living

Your lack of historical prespective is amazing

I been clear i dont think buring your where you live is productive..

But clearly they feel the have no other choice . That alone shoud be a bigger concern
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-30-2020, 01:52 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
This has nothing to do with black on black crime

Or the percentage of police interaction as some how excusing police brutally

Funny this is the same covid 19 argument not that 100k died in 3months but look who didn't die argument.. thats fine for the living

Your lack of historical prespective is amazing

I been clear i dont think buring your where you live is productive..

But clearly they feel the have no other choice . That alone shoud be a bigger concern
"This has nothing to do with black on black crime "

You're making my point. But even though black-on-black crime dwarfs cop-on-black crime, liberals ignore black-on-black crime, and obsess over cop-on-black crime, for political capital and TV ratings.

Tell me how this rioting is likely to help, as opposed to what Martin Luther King would have done.

"I been clear i dont think buring your where you live is productive"

Are you saying that burning where someone else lives is more productive?

These morons attacked CNNs headquarters. CNN is the best friend these idiots have. This isn't about seeking any justice, it's just a bunch of feral animals going berserk, otherwise why attack CNN of all places?
Old 05-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
"This has nothing to do with black on black crime "

You're making my point. But even though black-on-black crime dwarfs cop-on-black crime, liberals ignore black-on-black crime, and obsess over cop-on-black crime, for political capital and TV ratings.

Tell me how this rioting is likely to help, as opposed to what Martin Luther King would have done.

"I been clear i dont think buring your where you live is productive"

Are you saying that burning where someone else lives is more productive?

These morons attacked CNNs headquarters. CNN is the best friend these idiots have. This isn't about seeking any justice, it's just a bunch of feral animals going berserk, otherwise why attack CNN of all places?
again you are trying to show black on black crime and police crimes as somehow the same ? you are truly gifted in BS

Crimes committed by those who represent the Government or States

Are called Tyranny!

funny Conservatives and yourself must think the use of this word is only reserved for gun owner and causes on you feel worthy or those who dont want to wear a mask or want the state to reopen due to this hoax ?

Martin Luther King is dead... killed by a white guy he is not here to ask and I think they have tried his example ,, yet here we are

love the use of term Animals it clears shows where you stand
Old 05-30-2020, 03:55 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
again you are trying to show black on black crime and police crimes as somehow the same ? you are truly gifted in BS

Are called Tyranny!

funny Conservatives and yourself must think the use of this word is only reserved for gun owner and causes on you feel worthy or those who dont want to wear a mask or want the state to reopen due to this hoax ?

Martin Luther King is dead... killed by a white guy he is not here to ask and I think they have tried his example ,, yet here we are

love the use of term Animals it clears shows where you stand
i did not say black
on black crime is the same as cop on black crime ( in all seriousness, do you
not know how to read?). they aren’t close to the same. one is ravaging the black community, the other is rare enough to be just about meaningless.

i didn’t just use the term “animal”, as many animals
have more decency then these scumbags. i said feral animal, and that’s exactly what they are.

“MLK is dead”.

you really should stick to doing body cavity searches, this isn’t your thing. i know he’s dead. but before he died ( and after), his message ( skin color doesn’t mean anything) worked, he effected change. He made things better. these people won’t change anything.

you tell us Einstein, how does stealing a playstation from target help address police brutality? We’re all ears.

his crime wasn’t sanctioned by the government, otherwise why was he quickly fired and arrested? what more do these people
want? the guy was fired and arrested.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:29 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:

Are called Tyranny!

I don't mean to interfere in a dispute you're having with Jim, but your notion of tyranny is excessively original, or at least fairly unique, or maybe a bit ignorant.

Tyranny, as applied to government, is not a crime. "Crimes committed by those who represent the Government or States," as you put it, are, indeed, called crimes.

The government determines what it considers a crime.

A tyrannical government is under the authority of a tyrant or some form of absolute rule. Such government would not consider any actions it took as crimes, but would be considered its prerogative.

A "fair" or "just" government would not consider criminal actions of its officers as tyranny (unless it was speaking very loosely or sloppily, that is, inaccurately). To do so would be accusing itself of tyranny.

The offending officer, in committing a crime would be acting outside of the laws of that government. So, it would consider and call the offending officer's action a crime--not tyranny.

Oppressive, unjust, or despotic government is a form of absolutist government (a tyranny). And when a "fair" or "just" government does at times act oppressively or unjustly, it then degrades into despotism. In those cases when our government imposes authoritarian strictures on us that are outside of its Constitutional limitations, we can rightly call that tyranny. Calling it merely a crime is minimizing the serious implications and consequences of breaching the constitutional order and setting a precedent for doing so.

And by the way, to what are you referring when you say "this hoax"?

l
Actually, King's example led to a lot of civil rights reform, as well as the overall improvement in white perspective of black people. King's example was very fruitful in race relations. It's only negative might have been in unintentionally persuading the government to eventually go too far in trying to make up for past racial injustice.

And the example of destructive rioting has been tried . . . yet here we are. It destroys King's dream and maintains and fans the flame of hateful divisions that have been become "justified" and entrenched in our country.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:05 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
what more do these people
want? the guy was fired and arrested.
I think people don’t want people to be killed because they’re black Jim.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:17 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think people don’t want people to be killed because they’re black Jim.
And they can achieve that, by burning down an Auto Zone and stealing sneakers from Target?
Old 05-30-2020, 05:18 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
King's example was very fruitful in race relations. .
Today, they take the Al Sharpton approach...the exact opposite of what King begged us to do.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:33 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
And they can achieve that, by burning down an Auto Zone and stealing sneakers from Target?
Somebody tried just kneeling to protest and you ridiculed them.

Not sure who’s leading the violence, some say opportunistic white nationalists are in the mix. It’s pretty effed up.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:37 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:

Not sure who’s leading the violence, some say opportunistic white nationalists are in the mix. It’s pretty effed up.

I saw lots of KKK members running down the street with big screen tv's
Old 05-30-2020, 05:42 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Good then post the link.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Somebody tried just kneeling to protest and you ridiculed them.

yes i ridiculed colin, because that protest was also stupid. because the national anthem has
about as much to do with police brutality, as the local Auto Zone.

Spencey, if you got ripped
off at Chick Fil A, would
you toss a brick through a window at McDonalds?

these protests, are exactly that stupid.

these are poorly raised thugs looking for an excuse to riot.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:

Not sure who’s leading the violence, some say opportunistic white nationalists are in the mix.
i’m sure that’s what it is.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:47 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
i saw Steve Bannon throw a
Molatav cocktail through the local Target.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:07 PM   #19
scottw

Quote:
Good then post the link.
It was on msnbc
Old 05-31-2020, 05:23 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Aug 10, 2018 07:18:55 AM
The NFL players are at it again - taking a knee when they should be standing proudly for the National Anthem. Numerous players, from different teams, wanted to show their “outrage” at something that most of them are unable to define. They make a fortune doing what they love...... [Twitter for iPhone]
Old 05-31-2020, 07:50 AM   #21
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

How many people lost jobs, were injured, lost property, lost libraries, lost stores, lost markets, lost museums last night in peaceful protests?

How many good cops were injured last night ?

How many tomorrow?

We need better community policing and we need Agencies to be able to fire bad cops without coverage from the Police Union. How many bad cops are protected?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 05-31-2020, 08:00 AM   #22
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Just now they are showing citizens cleaning up the morning after the riots.... Want to guess what group is not represented in any of the pics?????? That is an observation, don't you dare label it as racist....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:08 AM   #23
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

To be clear; I was appalled and outraged after viewing the public execution of George Floyd. Cop should get murder one. The other cops should be indicted and charged appropriately after examining ALL the available information.
As for the rest of the reactions from POTUS and other cities across this nation? I would call the majority of it misdirected. Using the actions of a murderer to burn and loot is not the way to create positive change.....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:08 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
How many people lost jobs, were injured, lost property, lost libraries, lost stores, lost markets, lost museums last night in peaceful protests?

How many tomorrow?

We need better community policing and we need Agencies to be able to fire bad cops without coverage from the Police Union. How many bad cops are protected?

The country needs to look a Bostons example of community policing . So far boston has had protest which haven't turned out of control
Old 05-31-2020, 08:46 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

How many tomorrow?

i agree with all that, but in this case the guy was fired and arrested quickly. not sure what more you can expect.

we also need a media that reports the truth, instead of pushing the outcome they have a vested interest in, and pushing us to hate each other.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:17 AM   #26
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Just now they are showing citizens cleaning up the morning after the riots.... Want to guess what group is not represented in any of the pics?????? That is an observation, don't you dare label it as racist....
Sounds pretty racist to me.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:48 PM   #27
wdmso

Trump tweet

80% of the RIOTERS in Minneapolis last night were from OUT OF STATE. They are harming businesses (especially African American small businesses), homes, and the community of good, hardworking Minneapolis residents who want peace, equality, and to provide for their families.

so 80 % of lets say 10k protesters is 8000 thousands people are From Out of State

I have some questions What states did they come ? where did they All park? where do they all eat and sleep when their not rioting

I could see if they said they were from other parts of the States but no they went full conspiracy theory

Trump Lays Blame For Clashes On 'Radical-Left Anarchists'

next step is to label Antifa who is without official leaders as a terrorist

group ..

under domestic terrorism patriot act reads
A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act "dangerous to human life" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping. Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States

So in a nutshell Trump wants to use that patriot acts broad definition... to silence any opposition and just yell antifa ... hes already doing it with tweeter

But armed protesters who invade state houses Trump provides Support LIBERATE MICHIGAN!

must be nice to hes laying the foundution
Old 05-31-2020, 03:36 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:

But armed protesters who invade state houses Trump provides Support LIBERATE MICHIGAN!
yes, they were quite violent setting fire to stuff and looting stores and beating people up....it's good that the current protests are peaceful and non-violent unlike those domestic terrorists who invaded the state house in Michigan
Old 05-31-2020, 04:32 PM   #29
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
yes, they were quite violent setting fire to stuff and looting stores and beating people up....it's good that the current protests are peaceful and non-violent unlike those domestic terrorists who invaded the state house in Michigan
I think the phrase you’re looking for is “Stormed” the State House.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 05-31-2020 at 04:38 PM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-31-2020, 04:37 PM   #30
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
The country needs to look a Bostons example of community policing . So far boston has had protest which haven't turned out of control

Boston has done OK - the protests today were also OK. Non Violent.

Quote:
Sounds pretty racist to me.
I'll answer this for you Spence: Black People, White people, and every other shade were cleaning up. You know what group wasn't cleaning up? Antifa.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: