Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 12-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Surface Planer

New toy. Dewalt DW733. A 2004 model, since discontinued.... Found it in Newbury off Craigslist. Needed to do a cherry skirt for a high-end bathroom vanity. I have a joiner, but it only got me to two good sides from rough stock. This tool was a beast out of the box. Two passes on either side to finish surface. Still need to run a router over one edge. But can't believe I've gone so long without this tool. Opens up a lot of possibilities. Wish I had more rough stock on hand..... Saving the cherry shavings for the smoker too!
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Good stuff I have a reliant handed down from my grandfather. Being able to use rough stock opens up a lot more possibilities. I was also handed down a 38" drum sander. That is unreal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

That's cool Ross, very portable planer. a tool that you would love is a Williams Hussey moulder, they can plane wood too. versitile machine for a contractor.

I just upgraded my surface planer this year, got some old American iron, 1500 pounds of it. I couldn't say no to this, Industrial Recovery Solutions auction I got a Powermatic 18" planer 5 hp single phase.
$825 with extra blades. very well maintained from a shop that closed down in Amesbury MA. Hooked it up and first job I got to use it on was also cherry, the unit I did for blondterror.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Saw some nice equipment today on CL in Middleboro, Bruce. Wish I could justify the Grizzly saw with 52" Biesemeyer fence......

Tools and fishing equipment are my weaknesses....
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Grapenuts

Look at this way...if you don't have the tool you can't do the job you can't make money...besides if you buy it- it doesn't mean your stuck with it forever...sell it when your done.
Grapenuts is offline   Reply With Quote