Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
wdmso

So proud

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...03147168071680
Old 07-02-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

well I guess when you are bullied, you fight back

he's not setting a good example for sure, but we all know he has thin skin

nothing new here

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:18 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
well I guess when you are bullied, you fight back

he's not setting a good example for sure, but we all know he has thin skin

nothing new here

And thats the problem the right has accepted and normalized his behavior ... what will be seen as going to far? for this POTUS
Old 07-04-2017, 06:16 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And thats the problem the right has accepted and normalized his behavior ... what will be seen as going to far? for this POTUS
There are lot of people on the right who are critical of him.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #5
buckman

Horrible , I couldnt sleep last night and then i switched on CNN and they were trashing him after an amazing speech yesterday and I realized ...Damn , he's right again .
Enjoy the 4th my friend and remember what's important in life 🇺🇸 Thank you again for your service
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-03-2017, 07:28 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Horrible , I couldnt sleep last night and then i switched on CNN and they were trashing him after an amazing speech yesterday and I realized ...Damn , he's right again .
Enjoy the 4th my friend and remember what's important in life 🇺🇸 Thank you again for your service
Thanks and enjoy your 4th as well

as for Trump's amazing speech . you mean the one were he made it about himself I wish he (Trump)would remember what's important in life and put the office and the country before his ego.. but he seem unable or unwilling to do so

President Trump used his first Fourth of July speech in office on Saturday to honor veterans, and to continue to hit the media.

“The fake media tried to stop us from going to the White House, but I’m president and they’re not,” Trump said, headlining the Celebrate Freedom Concert at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.

“The fact is the press destroyed themselves because they went too far. Instead of being subtle and smart, they used the hatchet and the people saw it right from the beginning,” he continued.

“The dishonest media will not stop us from accomplishing our objectives on behalf of the American people. Their agenda is not your agenda,” he said, rallying his supporters.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:48 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I love his mouth piece saying Trump has never promoted violence; really what hole have you had your head? For someone who hates the media as much as Trump does, you would think by now he would realize you don't put out the fire by throwing gasoline on it. I'm so tired of it at this point, I switch to the nature channels and watch snow leopards hump on the cliffside instead of hearing the twitterstorm report of the day.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:31 AM   #8
buckman

Quote:
Thanks and enjoy your 4th as well

as for Trump's amazing speech . you mean the one were he made it about himself I wish he (Trump)would remember what's important in life and put the office and the country before his ego.. but he seem unable or unwilling to do so

President Trump used his first Fourth of July speech in office on Saturday to honor veterans, and to continue to hit the media.

“The fake media tried to stop us from going to the White House, but I’m president and they’re not,” Trump said, headlining the Celebrate Freedom Concert at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.

“The fact is the press destroyed themselves because they went too far. Instead of being subtle and smart, they used the hatchet and the people saw it right from the beginning,” he continued.

“The dishonest media will not stop us from accomplishing our objectives on behalf of the American people. Their agenda is not your agenda,” he said, rallying his supporters.
I see you were watching CNN also .
That's pretty much all they reported on . There was much more
Old 07-03-2017, 09:32 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:

as for Trump's amazing speech . you mean the one were he made it about himself I wish he (Trump)would remember what's important in life and put the office and the country before his ego.. but he seem unable or unwilling to do so no one has referred to themselves more frequently in speeches than Obama....though Trump may give him a run for the title

President Trump used his first Fourth of July speech in office on Saturday to honor veterans, and to continue to hit the media.and......?????

“The fake media tried to stop us from going to the White House, but I’m president and they’re not,” Trump said, headlining the Celebrate Freedom Concert at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. this is an entirely true statement which is odd for Trump as we're told he's always lying

“The fact is the press destroyed themselves because they went too far. Instead of being subtle and smart, they used the hatchet and the people saw it right from the beginning,” he continued. also entirely true...wats up wit Trump????

the first part is potentially true statement and the second entirely true....I'm becoming concerned about him...what will the media do if he starts telling the truth about everything????
Old 07-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #10
wdmso

Again your sources are dubious and false equivalencies

not talking about the words "I," "me," or "my,"

I am talking about .... Trump Taking an Occassion like Independence day or the coast Guard academy commencement speech and others to hijack them and play look I am a Victim... getting attacked by the dishonest media
Old 07-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Again your sources are dubious
my source was your post
Old 07-04-2017, 05:35 AM   #12
detbuch

What passed for "presidential" during the last three administrations (Clinton, Bush, and Obama)? And didn't the media consider itself the arbiter of what was presidential during those and most other administrations? I remember the media referring to Nixon as a sort of emperor, to Reagan as a buffoon actor who slept through his terms.

The battle (or love relationship) between the President and the Press has always existed and has always been rather stupid. And the Press has usually been the mirror image of what it accused the President of being when it criticized his foibles and proclivities.

As you've pointed out, the Trump era is more entertaining.

The real things go on, quietly or otherwise. We have to pay attention. The MSM tends to deflect from reality and drift into its own self-serving interpretations.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:57 AM   #13
scottw

Trump is waterboarding for the left and media...they all think they're going to die but are probably not in nearly the danger they imagine...

Trump is tickle torture for the right...it hurts a little and you probably want it to stop but there is that feeling of euphoria from laughing so hard.....

Trump is everything the self-important left and media has characterized anyone that disagreed with them ideologically for years thrown back in their faces with attitude...and they're not happy, in fact , quite perplexed...
Old 07-04-2017, 06:19 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Trump is waterboarding for the left and media...they all think they're going to die but are probably not in nearly the danger they imagine...

Trump is tickle torture for the right...it hurts a little and you probably want it to stop but there is that feeling of euphoria from laughing so hard.....

Trump is everything the self-important left and media has characterized anyone that disagreed with them ideologically for years thrown back in their faces with attitude...and they're not happy, in fact , quite perplexed...
I dunno...the fringe left media, is seeing ratings they have never seen before. That may not be a good thing.

We need someone to put a gun to Condaleeza Rice's head, and tell her that she owes it to her country to take over. That's who I want in there.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:10 AM   #15
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I dunno...the fringe left media, is seeing ratings they have never seen before. That may not be a good thing.

We need someone to put a gun to Condaleeza Rice's head, and tell her that she owes it to her country to take over. That's who I want in there.

I was thinking the other day who was the most qualified public official we've seen in the past decade & change - her name came up. She is arguably the smartest, most thoughtful, savvy, diplomatic senior official we've seen in some time.

Though I would use a different carrot, appeal to her patriotism, rather than your, uhh, figurative stick.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I was thinking the other day who was the most qualified public official we've seen in the past decade & change - her name came up. She is arguably the smartest, most thoughtful, savvy, diplomatic senior official we've seen in some time.

Though I would use a different carrot, appeal to her patriotism, rather than your, uhh, figurative stick.
Agreed. I think the world needs her in that role. I read her biography a few years ago, it was amazing. I think she'd be uniquely qualified to solve our problems, and unlike Obama and trump, help bring us together. I don't know who else could do that, as effectively as she could. I love her.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:14 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Trump needs someone in his circle to reign him in a bit. This behavior is way beneath the dignity of the office. I would have preferred just about any one of the republicans who ran against him. But I'll take him over Hilary any day.

The media isn't being fair to him or his family, they aren't capable at this point of being fair. But this response isn't the correct response.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:31 AM   #18
Nebe

Rumor has it that they are going to start filming the Jerry Springer show at the White House next week. Judge Judy is nominated for the Supreme Court too....
Old 07-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Rumor has it that they are going to start filming the Jerry Springer show at the White House next week. Judge Judy is nominated for the Supreme Court too....

And that wouldn't be seen as an issue
Old 07-04-2017, 05:07 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:

hey...why not?...Al Franken is a Senator......Spence would tell you that Judge Judy and Jerry Springer both have "impressive resumes"
Old 07-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
The bar for what it takes to create in issue in the Whitehouse was set pretty high by the famous BJ.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:48 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The bar for what it takes to create in issue in the Whitehouse was set pretty high by the famous BJ.

Thats a remarkable point of view.. From a strict Originalist
Old 07-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #23
buckman

Quote:
Of course it would be, Jerry is a Democrat . 👎