Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Had your fill yet ?

Can't go 20 sec watching tv without a Coakley or Brown tv ad !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Man you ain't kiddin'!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #3
JohnnyD

Like I said in another thread, watching Fox on Sunday was painful. Every single commercial break started with a Coakley ad and ended with one for the 2 hours I watched tv.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Every Coakley commercial that comes on I want to throw something at my tv

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 01-14-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
scottw

I don't know, I'd been only half paying attention to this... having very little confidence in the State of Massachesettes ....until I drove to NH to see a customer last night and listened to 5 hours of radio, watched all of the ads while at my cust.'s home...in my opinion, Martha Kennedy Coakley is the perfect successor to Teddy, we know, from dems and the media that this is Teddy's seat(rgardless of what that creep Brown spewed about the "peoples" seat or something, who the hell does he think he is???), the woman displays arrogance that is nauseating which is an important pre-requsite....she will obviously stoop to any level of smear and attack which is an endearing quality among the "chosen ones"...here's the only mistake that she has made to this point...no, it's not the "no terrorists in Afgh. comment", that was just a "distraction" and what is said today is forgotten tomorrow among the ruling class, "ahem...are there any OTHER questions"....no, to secure the win next Tuesday and to guarantee her election for most of the next half century she should have had her thug assistant toss the reporter into the river and drown him....he was, after all a stalker, and nothing can stand in the way of her quest for power, even if she is a law enforcement official, laws don't apply to the elites....sometime between now and election she ought to appear in public drunk out of her tree, she can then claim victimhood from crazed stalkers, alcoholism which she inherited from her mother and maybe even cry a little, it worked for Hillary and dems are suckers for the victim pitch......maybe throw in a little mental illness claim that she can champion the causes for from Teddy's seat, she could be like a mother to Patrick and keep an eye on him because we know that he needs a lot of adult supervision and Bada Bing...and if that doesn't work...Acorn and the Unions are headed your way to "make sure things go smoothly"

I saw the ads...Scott Brown is evil and wants to eat your children...Martha Coakley for Senate In Massachusettes...don't let 50 years of despicable representation end, keep Teddy's Commie Health Care Dream alive even if he isn't!

Republicans are all evil and want you dead!!!!!!(at least that's what I gathered from the commercials)

Last edited by scottw; 01-14-2010 at 08:05 AM..
Old 01-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
buckman

Worst bunch of Horse Sh%t I have ever seen. Embarrased for her party every time I see her blatent lies on TV. She must really think people are stupid. A slap in the face for anyone that supports her. PATHETIC. The Democrats have stooped to new lows.

Let's hear from a couple supporters.............come out of the closet.......
Old 01-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Let's hear from a couple supporters.............come out of the closet.......
I haven't encountered a single Coakley support yet that wasn't a Union member. I'm sure they are out there all over the place. Unfortunately, I bet most will vote for her just because she's a Dem.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
Slipknot
Super Moderator

seems all Coakleys' ads are negative

If any Dems remember this, maybe they won't vote for her

AnnCoulter.com - Printer Friendly Article: MARTHA COAKLEY: TOO IMMORAL FOR TEDDY KENNEDY'S SEAT

she kept Amirault in prison for years knowing he was innocent like everyone else, just to boost her career, typical selfish Massachusetts nonsense.

It's the peoples' seat, not the Kennedy seat
Old 01-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
scottw

"SCOTCH and GIN so she can WIN!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #10
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
seems all Coakleys' ads are negative

If any Dems remember this, maybe they won't vote for her

AnnCoulter.com - Printer Friendly Article: MARTHA COAKLEY: TOO IMMORAL FOR TEDDY KENNEDY'S SEAT

she kept Amirault in prison for years knowing he was innocent like everyone else, just to boost her career, typical selfish Massachusetts nonsense.

It's the peoples' seat, not the Kennedy seat
I agree with you about the negative ads and it being the people's seat. On the other hand, does anyone actually take Ann Coulter seriously? Shes the South Park of politics, attention-whoring herself by being as ridiculous and controversial as possible - except South Park is hilarious.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I agree with you about the negative ads and it being the people's seat. On the other hand, does anyone actually take Ann Coulter seriously? Shes the South Park of politics, attention-whoring herself by being as ridiculous and controversial as possible - except South Park is hilarious.
If you had read the article and didn't know who wrote it, would you have considered it serious, worth your consideration? Your response seems to be a twist on the old "kill the messenger." Instead of killing the innocent messenger for delivering news that you don't like, you kill the message because you don't like the messenger.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I know, she seems like a joke but it just happen to be the article I copy and pasted because it came up on google. I bet there are other news articles on the subject, which was my point like debuch said.

I have to question martha, maybe there is more to the story but I'll put my vote next to Brown and see what brown can do for me
Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #13
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I have to question martha, maybe there is more to the story but I'll put my vote next to Brown and see what brown can do for me
I'm right there with you. This Massachusetts vote could have far stretching effects on the rest of the country if the Dems lose their invincibility.