Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 08-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Where did they go?

Striperman36
IamSkippy
Sandman

Anyone in touch with any of these guys?

Who else is MIA?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
tysdad115

I talk to Skip regularly. He is offline on almost everything now. Bill posts on FB .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
Guppy
User

For the short time I've been here I see a ton of missing slackers,,,
Hope it wasn't me....
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #4
niko

I heard skippy joined a cult
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:52 AM   #5
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko View Post
After a few texts from him yesterday, I wish he did.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:15 AM   #6
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko View Post
I hope he wasn't in Charlottesville.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:18 AM   #7
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Sandman posts a few to FB....

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:01 AM   #8
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Fly Rod? I think he was from Gloucester...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Sad to report that I have found some news on Fly Rod, and had the opportunity to speak with his wife. When I mentioned his screen name, she said Yup, that was him!

http://www.greelyfuneralhome.com/obi...ter-MA/1687861

She was glad to hear from me and surprised he had not said his good byes. Not knowing what to do with his fishing gear, she had Marciano from the tuna show put his stuff up on facebook. She says there is still some stuff, but I don't do FB.....

Good guy. Met him at northshore Legs two or three times. He loved to get into it with Spence.......

Old 08-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #10
Clammer

that truly sucks but the obit sounds like a man I would have enjoyed & his family was proud to have Him ><.

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #11
Rockfish9

...never met the man but enjoyed his posts...just goes to show how precious every minute is... and the older you get.. the more precious they become...my thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:52 PM   #12
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

Well that is some truly bad news, RIP

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:06 PM   #13
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Pretty cool obit.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:57 AM   #14
Mr. Sandman

Sorry I don't stop by much anymore... But thanks for thinking of me! Still here on MV...empty nesting stage of life. Fishing when ever I can. Took the wife surf casting for sharks the other night on chappy, (local club event. not something I do regularly) she got a nice brown shark, it was a hoot watching her battle it. They actually fight more like a gamefish then a shark, it made a 200 yard screaming run right off the bat and a couple of other shorter runs.
Lots of offshore invites so I go just about every week. Sold my mirage pilothouse a couple years ago. Believe it or not I have decided not to buy another sport fishing boat ( I fish plenty without my own boat), Instead, if my health holds out, we plan to eventually get a long range live aboard trawler style vessel ( ala Nordhavn, fleming, selene ...) and go up and down the east coast with the seasons. I will have a few rod holders installed and be trolling the edge from the Bahamas to the vineyard on the way up that is for sure. I also want my wife to see the ICW and play golf along the way south.
Recently I sold a large amount of my fishing gear, locally and on ebay, It was time to lighten the load and focus on the more modern lighter gear. It was weird getting rid of it but it felt good. Gave a lot away too, mainly to fishing kids and others I know will use it. I hate to see stuff just sit in the storage attic for years unused. at one point I think I had something like 126 rods and countless reels. I am down to 15 or so now. That said I just ordered some new stuff but I will not let it get out of hand.
Don't do much bass fishing anymore...a few times in the spring and a few in the fall. I still enjoy it but I cherry pick the nights and only visit the hard core places maybe a couple times a season. The last few years the offshore bug has had my interest. Generally chasing tuna with lighter stand up gear (terez/talica/stella set ups) It is a lot of fun. The last trip I got real close to a sperm whale ( well, he got close to me). You always see whales but I have never seen a sperm whale before that close. I was looking a moby's cousin. I had to look it up just to make sure of what I was seeing. awesome creature.
Every now and again I see an SB sticker on the beach. (usually during the derby).
Hope all of you are doing well. Real sorry to here of fly rods passing. Aging sucks. and it hurts to see friends become ill or die. Like most others, I have my own health issues now at 60 but I hope to get thru them. The good new is I lost 40 lbs this last winter and I am at the weight I was when I got married. I will try and check in from time to time.
Miss the old s-b.com days.
Well, that is it for now....

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 08-15-2017 at 05:14 AM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:35 AM   #15
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Hi Jim ; )

Wow, sorry to hear of Flyrod's passing - old school fellow.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #16
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Sad news about Flyrod

Hi Jim, thanks for the update I hope all goes well

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #17
Steve K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
Sorry I don't stop by much anymore... But thanks for thinking of me! Still here on MV...empty nesting stage of life. Fishing when ever I can. Took the wife surf casting for sharks the other night on chappy, (local club event. not something I do regularly) she got a nice brown shark, it was a hoot watching her battle it. They actually fight more like a gamefish then a shark, it made a 200 yard screaming run right off the bat and a couple of other shorter runs.
Lots of offshore invites so I go just about every week. Sold my mirage pilothouse a couple years ago. Believe it or not I have decided not to buy another sport fishing boat ( I fish plenty without my own boat), Instead, if my health holds out, we plan to eventually get a long range live aboard trawler style vessel ( ala Nordhavn, fleming, selene ...) and go up and down the east coast with the seasons. I will have a few rod holders installed and be trolling the edge from the Bahamas to the vineyard on the way up that is for sure. I also want my wife to see the ICW and play golf along the way south.
Recently I sold a large amount of my fishing gear, locally and on ebay, It was time to lighten the load and focus on the more modern lighter gear. It was weird getting rid of it but it felt good. Gave a lot away too, mainly to fishing kids and others I know will use it. I hate to see stuff just sit in the storage attic for years unused. at one point I think I had something like 126 rods and countless reels. I am down to 15 or so now. That said I just ordered some new stuff but I will not let it get out of hand.
Don't do much bass fishing anymore...a few times in the spring and a few in the fall. I still enjoy it but I cherry pick the nights and only visit the hard core places maybe a couple times a season. The last few years the offshore bug has had my interest. Generally chasing tuna with lighter stand up gear (terez/talica/stella set ups) It is a lot of fun. The last trip I got real close to a sperm whale ( well, he got close to me). You always see whales but I have never seen a sperm whale before that close. I was looking a moby's cousin. I had to look it up just to make sure of what I was seeing. awesome creature.
Every now and again I see an SB sticker on the beach. (usually during the derby).
Hope all of you are doing well. Real sorry to here of fly rods passing. Aging sucks. and it hurts to see friends become ill or die. Like most others, I have my own health issues now at 60 but I hope to get thru them. The good new is I lost 40 lbs this last winter and I am at the weight I was when I got married. I will try and check in from time to time.
Miss the old s-b.com days.
Well, that is it for now....
I miss your calendars especially the one of Block Island. I guess that you would use a drone now instead of a plane to get those shots.
Steve K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:04 AM   #18
In The Surf
Where'd he go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
I miss your calendars especially the one of Block Island. I guess that you would use a drone now instead of a plane to get those shots.
I also enjoyed these, they were pretty cool.
In The Surf is offline   Reply With Quote