Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
This has very little to do with immigration - just look at what the usual suspects are posting here. Seems like the vast majority of threads here are started by right leaning folks - I guess the usual suspects?Just anti-administration rhetoric to anything that happens even if Trump does what they wanted him to do. So if the vast majoriy of threads are started by right leaning folks, I guess you'd prefer no one to have an opposing view. He caved and signed the EO and now they hate it. Sorry but it's hard to take your views seriously if you've never once approved of or given credit to something that this administration has done. There is no satisfying a "resistor" and many of us accept that fact.
If I couldn't stand to read 2 sides to an arguement, I wouldn't come here.

We prob. should go back to the really important stuff that used to be discussed here - if brown suits where inappropriate for the WH or putting someone's shoes on a desk was wrong.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

We prob. should go back to the really important stuff that used to be discussed here - if brown suits where inappropriate for the WH or putting someone's shoes on a desk was wrong.
How about why some people can’t fact check anything they post?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
This has very little to do with immigration - just look at what the usual suspects are posting here. Seems like the vast majority of threads here are started by right leaning folks - I guess the usual suspects?Just anti-administration rhetoric to anything that happens even if Trump does what they wanted him to do. So if the vast majoriy of threads are started by right leaning folks, I guess you'd prefer no one to have an opposing view. He caved and signed the EO and now they hate it. Sorry but it's hard to take your views seriously if you've never once approved of or given credit to something that this administration has done. There is no satisfying a "resistor" and many of us accept that fact.
I know, look at all these Right leaning kooks that keep starting threads.

Spence is right, we should spend more time fact checking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SB.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	65365  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I know, look at all these Right leaning kooks that keep starting threads.

Spence is right, we should spend more time fact checking.
Look at the rest of the front page. Or the 2nd page. JohnR isn't right leaning?

I didn't use the word kooks - you did. I did say "vast majority". Is that what bothered you enough to reply?
Old 06-21-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Look at the rest of the front page. Or the 2nd page. JohnR isn't right leaning? radical centrist

I didn't use the word kooks - you did. I did say "vast majority". Is that what bothered you enough to reply?
"vast right wing conspiracy majority"
Old 06-21-2018, 01:42 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Page 2

30 posts total

15 started by the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s
9 Started by the Wingnuts
4 Started by the Radical Centrists
2 Started by the Dangles Party (equal opportunity Ball Buster)

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-21-2018, 02:00 PM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Remember Conservatives (Dem and Rep) want you to think things through and maybe see the light, and if not Ohhh Well. Hard Left requires your complete submission physically and mentally.

Quote:

I have generally been a middle road more conservative Dem but those don't exist anymore so I am now the Radical Independent ; )

I even ever-so-briefly dipped a toe into maybe going progressive as some of my friends had until I saw the landscape and said eff that, all y'all are effing nuts ; )

Quote:
Page 2

30 posts total

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Page 2

30 posts total

DANGLES for PRESIDENT!
Old 06-21-2018, 02:23 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
DANGLES for PRESIDENT!

Still Better than Hillary

Hey Dangles - where ya keep ya Email Server?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #10
DZ

Quote:

Not what I meant - Other points of view are important and I want to read them. But as a general rule I find that Jim, myself, and others with more conservative views tend to be more understanding of the liberal side views than vice versa. I just can't recall anyone here who is left leaning ever commend an action by the current administration. My father always told me there will always be people "Who would complain if they were hung with a brand new rope", it kind of reminds me of the anti-Trump movement. I just find that many of you will not give the current president or administration a fair shake.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Not what I meant - Other points of view are important and I want to read them. But as a general rule I find that Jim, myself, and others with more conservative views tend to be more understanding of the liberal side views than vice versa. I just can't recall anyone here who is left leaning ever commend an action by the current administration. My father always told me there will always be people "Who would complain if they were hung with a brand new rope", it kind of reminds me of the anti-Trump movement. I just find that many of you will not give the current president or administration a fair shake.

"I just find that many of you will not give the current president or administration a fair shake." guess you dont recall the past 8 years and what actions warrant being commended his Behavior he's treatment of others his Name calling... its hard to find a praise worthy thing... Honestly PS when the last time you saw him with his young son
Old 06-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
"I just find that many of you will not give the current president or administration a fair shake." guess you dont recall the past 8 years and what actions warrant being commended his Behavior he's treatment of others his Name calling... its hard to find a praise worthy thing... Honestly PS when the last time you saw him with his young son
I gave Obama credit all the time for fixing the economy and bombing terrorists. They are all crappy fathers, none of them have any time to spend with their kids.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-21-2018, 04:51 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
I just can't recall anyone here who is left leaning ever commend an action by the current administration. My father always told me there will always be people "Who would complain if they were hung with a brand new rope", it kind of reminds me of the anti-Trump movement. I just find that many of you will not give the current president or administration a fair shake.
I pay pretty close attention and can't think of anything significant worth commending. Combine that with the pathological dishonesty, childish tantrums, rampant corruption etc... etc... and I'm not inclined to give Trump the benefit of doubt.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I pay pretty close attention and can't think of anything significant worth commending. .
You work in Finance, and you se nothing worth commending.

Lowest black unemployment ever?
Neil Gorsich
Lowest unemployment in, what, 17 years?
stock market doing well

None of those are worth commending? I guess none are really reasons to cheer, or if they are, it's all Obama's doing?